Thread: Being one of the girls for our Christmas Party Sketch show

Being one of the girls for our Christmas Party Sketch show

Hi all

I am a long time lurker and I thought I would try join and share my two penny's worth. I must say I love hearing your stories that you get up to and its been a big inspiration for me.

My one caveat is that I can never tell which posts are fiction and which are real. I have some suspicions, but I like to try and assume they are all real but know that this isn't the case. Some seem like such total fiction that I can't believe that it really happened. ( Bit like UFOS really!)

Well I wanted to share something which did happen to me and hopefully it will inspire others out there.

This year I joined a theatre group and we had our Christmas party last week. One of the guys was meant to be in sketch with another 3 girls and a guy. He was going to be playing a girl in drag which was the comedy surprise as he was so butch. Anyway he's pulled out and they asked me to do it.

Needless to say I was playing reluctant with wanting to do it but secretly i couldn't wait. I was dancing around the house when I realised what was going to happen.

Here are some of the things I did:
    - I went dress shopping in a store called Evans in BHS and another shop called simply be in Oxford street, London with one of the girls in the sketch. What an amazing day out!
    - The girls were even sending me messages about how they are going to do my makeup and teach me how to walk and are having fun with it.
    - The show was a blast and I had so much fun being treated like one of the girls.

Sounds like total fiction I know....but I don't mind if people believe me or not but personally it was a dream come true. I think we all have a tendency to be fantasists and live in our dreams but just occasionally it comes true.

For those of you that want that to happen to you. Join a theatre group or performance geoup. You will learn a lot and meet lots of fun people. It's a lot of fun and occasionally you can live out your dreams and have a lot of fun even for one night.

I might turn it into a story but my writing has gotten so bad in the last 14 years that it might just stay in my memory as a fun time.

Hope this inspires you all and thanks for sharing your stories- it really has given me a lot of courage to find where I sit.

Best

Sarah

How cool. Thanks for sharing.

Banned Read only
    Sarah,
    People will believe what they want to believe, I can't see why yours isn't true, I'm glad you had a good time.
    We use to get up to all sorts of dress up things in the Round Table, anything would go as long as we raised money for charity, I'm afraid some would be considered politically incorrect now but we didn't do anyone any harm and many people benefited .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-26-2015 at 01:45 AM.

Very cool!!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Sounds like you had fun and it really must have been a dream come true. I don't know why you would think someone would doubt you, it really isn't a off the wall story. I only belong to this site because most stories here are very related to my life, there are real life stories and struggle that I experience everyday. I am very honest with my post and very honest with my advice here, this is a very serious situation with most of us here. We have no choice but to believe and hope you enjoy it here.

welcome to the forum Sarah. great story and
    congrats to you!
    paula

Thanks for sharing your experience

Honestly, it does not at all sound like total fiction. I have posted about so many things I could only have dreamed of that I can prove with pictures actually happened. Truth is often stranger than fiction. Great story!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Sure, some of the stories are made up, a few, to me are glaringly obvious, but I could be wrong about them.

For example, your story sounds a bit off, only a little, but the feeling is there. Now you, you know if it's true. So if it is, what does that say about the stories you think are fake? Overall, I think your story went down exactly how you said. I also think the girls that helped you out knew you were enjoying it, and would probably be up for going out in public as a group. You might want to float that out there, "I had such a great time playing dress up, does that make me strange?"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Thanks for sharing. I think I saw the story you wrote about this on FM. I agree that you meet wonderful people in theater, and certainly there is a long tradition of crossdressing on stage.

Thanks for sharing. I too used to be kind of doubtful of the posts here being fictional until I started going out and I learned the only reason I doubted is because I never thought it could be done. I now know differently.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I think I saw the story you wrote about this on FM. I agree that you meet wonderful people in theater, and certainly there is a long tradition of crossdressing on stage.
    Thanks for the complement Jamie that means a lot. I tried not to mess with the details of the story too much in FM but I had to round off some of the dialogue to make it into a proper story format that wasn't too dull but the experience is out there and hopefully it will be a way that I relive it in a few years when it's all forgotten.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
    Sure, some of the stories are made up, a few, to me are glaringly obvious, but I could be wrong about them.

For example, your story sounds a bit off, only a little, but the feeling is there. Now you, you know if it's true. So if it is, what does that say about the stories you think are fake? Overall, I think your story went down exactly how you said. I also think the girls that helped you out knew you were enjoying it, and would probably be up for going out in public as a group. You might want to float that out there, "I had such a great time playing dress up, does that make me strange?"
    I have a sneaking suspicion that a few of the people there thought I was enjoying it a little too much but I think nowadays that's more of their problem than mine. I think talking about it a lot after the situation will probably clue people in that it meant more than just a bit of a laugh.

Personally though I am happy for it to remain a goal fulfilled and a moment in time, and something I can look back on as an achievement, mainly about breaching what I would think my comfort zone was but also as inspiration for making my other goals achievable.

Thanks for sharing you adventure !
    What a great way to have fun. Makes me think...