Thread: Persephone Hits The Road Update #1

Persephone Hits The Road Update #1

We've been on the road for 16 days now. Discovered a few things: more rv parks charge for internet than ever before and so our connections are sporatic or made through our data plan (also relatively pricey), not like the days of unlimited wire-based service.
    2) Print mail (snail mail) is really difficult when you move around a lot. We have our postal mail sent to a very good rv mail service facility whereithe envelopes are scanned so we can see them. Great! But actually getting our mail sent to us usually takes more time than we have so far spent in any one place.

But on to the good stuff! I get up every morning and spend my day en femme. Bra, generally a T-shirt (often with a sweatshirt or jacket), hair in a high ponytail, earrings, lipstick, and I'm generally good to go.

Fun bits. We're in a small and very friendly rv park out in the high desert of southwest Arizona. I'm in a bulky sweatshirt, bra underneath, hair back in a band, earrings, no makeup. I'm wrangling hoses by the side of the motorhome. The lady of the couple that own the park comes by and we start to chat. It is clear to me that she is talking to me as a woman. She asks my name, I say "Barbara," and she invites me the that morning's women's crafts group! My spouse and I go to the get together, meet the ladies, chat for a few minutes and head out on our planned day.

My spouse and I are at a museum, chatting with a woman and she says, "Are you sisters?"
    My spouse immediately says, "Yes."
    The woman exclaims, "I thought so! You look so much alike!"

Lovin' it!

Gotta run, it is getting late here in Casa Grande, Arizona. I'll try to do a better update next time.

Love to all.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 12-26-2015 at 01:56 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Safe travels - thanks for sharing

Hi Barbara, it sounds like you are on the adventure of a lifetime! The sister thing would not work for me, I'm 6' 2" and my wife is 5' 6". I'm glad it works for you! I just noticed the CQ CQ in Morse Code in your signature line, I was a ham operator years ago. Have Fun!

Hugs, Bria

The "sister" thing was a cool experience!

The data problem is unfortunate, and I'll bet that the RV parks are really reaming you with daily fees. Sometimes I wish I had held onto my unlimited data plan just for such an occurrence. I guess that breakfast at places that offer free wi-fi will have to become part of your routine.

One thing, I'm on the forum a lot at work where I don't want to use the provided wi-fi so I leave it on 4G. The forum doesn't really use a significant amount of bandwidth. It's video that really sucks up the Gb!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    Hi Barbara, RVing is so much fun, It really sounds like you are having a wonderful time. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds like a great start to a road adventure, Barbara! Should have started a bit more to east to warm up. Remember that all Micky D's have free wi-fi, grab a coffee and do your e-business. It's what I use all the time when on the road. Ride on, Sis!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Sounds so wonderful! :-)
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Love the area you are traveling through so much to do and see there.

Have you considered a wifi hotspot. The hotspot only costs about $60, then you have a data plan with your phone carrier.
    Live and let dress.