Thread: Old lady skirt?

Old lady skirt?

I have a black and white striped skirt. I wore it on an outing described here with a picture. I have seen two other women wearing what appears to be the same skirt. Both of these women are at least 65 years old, perhaps older. Is it an old lady skirt?
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Nope, you just happen to see two older ladies wearing it. Best way to look at is that they had great taste too!

If it's on an old lady, it's an old lady skirt. If it's on, say, Nina Agdal, you'd call it something else. Such as, well, a lot of unneeded material.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have one nearly identical to that and I think that with the right top and shoes, it's a classy and sophisticated look, regardless of age. Accessorize it properly and you can wear it timelessly.

This time of year, I wear mine mainly with knee high heeled boots -- yum!

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have a question, JJJ. I don't wish to offend u, but u r asking us about a very conservative skirt. U even labeled it an old lady skirt.

Do u think u look attractive in it? Or, like an old lady? And, maybe that's a look u like? If so, that's more important than what we think anyway. Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

Some of us just like to wear women's clothes that r "comfortable" and looks be dammed. Looking at your fashion choices I wonder if that's your take on them? I hope asking that isn't rude? If u think so, just ignore my post!

For me, dressing is ALL about looks. Creating looks I find attractive. And, comfort be dammed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Damm! You saw me.

Banned Read only
    Jjjjohanne,
    Basically it's the length with the style of shoe, I try not to wear anything below the knee, when you wear black tights you lose the leg shape and they can look like tent poles showing under a tent. It might be practical and warm but not a young look !

Reality Check
    I don't think it matters if you're not going to try and present as a woman. Nobody is going to judge the style.

A woman would not have to be an "old lady" to wear that skirt.

allie had it right...it is a great skirt...very nice

jjjjohanne, you look fine to me.

it's a skirt of the kind you feel. I've been highly unconcerned by how others consider my dress code, being always in bright colours in drab world, and now, if i like a dress, i wear it. It matters not to me whether someone else thinks its a granny dress. I'm old enough to be one anyway!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

that one could easly be in my wardrobe. i like it! and i am 30, so no, i dont think its an old lady skirt

Banned Read only
    jjjj:

Actually, people tend to dress more conservatively as they age. That skirt is couter to that principle as it is a fairly bold pattern. So no, I would not associate it with older women. The 2 that you saw were atypical in my estimation.

DeeAnn

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Eh, how it comes off is all about how you wear it.
    Lose the tights, and wear it with heels and a dressier top and you get 20 years back, lol.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Not an old ladies skirt but stripes make me dizzy.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    OLD LADY?! I resemble that remark since I'll' be 67 this February. Your only an old lady if you dress like one. I guess that stripped dress can be worn by any age. Just leave your walker at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Jjjjohanne,
    Basically it's the length with the style of shoe, I try not to wear anything below the knee, when you wear black tights you lose the leg shape and they can look like tent poles showing under a tent. It might be practical and warm but not a young look !
    I have to disagree. I've seen plenty of teens and 20 somethings in skirts with black tights, and they certainly don't look anything like tent poles. Long, lovely legs look good in, well, pretty much anything. I mean, if your legs already look like tent poles, well, then the tights aren't going to help.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    No definitely not old ladies skirts. They do look real good and comfortable on you so I wouldn't worry about it.

Banned Read only
    Sometimes,
    It's how I see it , a calf length skirt maybe low heels or flats and opaque black tights, some resemble tent poles showing under a tent, I don't consider it an attractive look, the only way it works is with boots, it's a great winter look ! A hem line just on the knee, nice heels and the right coloured tights/stockings makes a big difference.

Thanks for the replies. I wear long skirts when I have long leg hair in the warmer months. It works for me...
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

I like wearing a black pencil skirt along with jet black nylons, that tied into a blouse and a black cardigan sweater bring it all together. Low black heals finish the look.