Thread: Need movie advice

Need movie advice

I have a question about movie selection as a burgeoning CD'er.

Just a little backstory first. The last week has been great confidence builder as I took my first trip out in public while dressed. I another thread I talked about going to the grocery store as my first outing. That great experience has seen me confident enough to go back to the store twice more, as well as get gas, and call in and then pick up my dinner at a Chinese restaurant, all while dressed!

So tonight I decided to go to see a move (Joy) in Krissy mode. All went well. I even went to the concession stand and bought a soda and candy which involved eye contact and speaking! Further, I went to the women's room (twice...too much soda).

In watching the previews to the movie, some chick flick was advertised. My question is: As a CD'er do I have to now start to go see every chick flick or lose my CD validation card? Your guidance appreciated.

I never look around the theater to see who is watching. My wife happens to like action movies, so if watching Stallone, Vin Diesel and the Rock fire machine guns is your thing, just go do it.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Was it How to Be Single? That's on my list anyway...

Yeah, I admit I see chick flicks. Why wouldn't I? I am a girl after all. I saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants the weekend that it came out and have no regrets.

I might not admit it out loud to my friends but I see them but now that I am out as trans to many friends, it may be easier to say it. I watch the Disney Channel musicals whenever they premiere. I watched a lot of Disney sitcoms over the years despite not having children.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

See the movies you like. Whether a chick flick or a man flick (Ie: where all the interpersonal relationships are via automatic weapons) it is your choice.

I saw The Danish Girl a couple of weeks ago. This week it is Star Wars.

Really, how you happen to be dressed affects the movies you like? Next thing you know you'll be attracted to guys when dressed up. Oh wait, that's another thread (or ten).
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sara, you made me laugh. Still too nervous when "out" to make much eye contact with guys, but I seem to be very Hetero for now.

Eryn, maybe this is in another thread, but wondered how The Danish Girl was received.

Seeing Danish Girl on Wednesday. There is a thread in the media forum.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Banned Read only
    I think movies with Jason Statham or Vin Diesel are tough to watch en femme. I tend to 'relate' to characters and hate walk out of the theater with a snarl, holding my purse in a clenched fist like an empty popcorn bag, and walking like I just climed off a horse 😲

While there are no written rules...
    I prefer Star Wars, Clint Eastwood etc in boy mode
    and prefer chick flicks in girl mode (today, I would have prefered Joy in girl mode, but I was with wife and she prefers dates with me in boy mode)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

There was a comic strip a couple of years ago that defined guy movies v chick flicks. A guy movie, somebody gets hurt. A chick flick somebody's feelings get hurt. I will admit that I've pretty much given up on movies with unnecessary violence and explosions. Then again, these are the movies where my wife and I find the biggest plot holes and those drive us crazy

I think you're allowed to enjoy any movie you want to, dressed any way you prefer. However, staying up to date on the chick flicks will always give you something to talk about when you're in the company of a group of women.

- Diane

I can watch anything at anytime!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Watch whatever you want to watch. There are no rules.

Rom coms and adventure/action film put me to sleep. My favorite genres are film noir and dystopian films. The darker and more cynical it is, the more I like it. A happy ending is just so unsatisfying. I recently watched the TV series Jessica Jones. I don't watch much TV but that was pretty good. Jessica is sort of a female Sam Spade with super powers and a Moriarty like nemesis. One film I like that doesn't fit the mold is The Wizard of Oz. I finally realized the reason I liked it was because it's a female domination film. All the main female characters are leaders/powerful and all the main male characters are less than the masculine ideal: The Scarecrow (nerd), The Tin Man (a sensitive romantic type), The Lion (sissy), The Wizard (a fraud), Uncle Henry (Aunty Em wears the pants.) You'll never be able to see that film the same way again.

Krissy,

There's no validation card - except your own personal validation. No-one else has the right to tell you if you're a member of the CD world - that's your choice.

If you want to better understand feminine language and mannerisms and interests, then why not watch some chick flicks - or go the mall and people watch.

xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    CD, or trans or just a regular person no one is required to watch any certain type of movie. You are no less a CD or a person if watch a chick flick or an action adventure movie. There are, as far as I know, no requirements to be who we are.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Reality Check
    If you get interested in the movie, you'll forget what you are wearing. Watch what you like unless you are trying to fool or impress someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by KrissyP View Post
    Eryn, maybe this is in another thread, but wondered how The Danish Girl was received.
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...irl&highlight=

I thought it was a great movie. Very thought-provoking. Take tissues.

I found the Danish Girl quite tedious although there were lots of moist eyes in the cinema. 3 stars if I'm being generous.

I've been to see quite a few films while dressed, most have been in the actiony-type genre. The Man From UNCLE had a very funny scene near the beginning that most of us would appreciate. There is no way I'm going to spend $ watching a rom-com.

Aspiring Member
    I know that over the years my journey to the girly-side has led me to appreciate and love more "chick-flicks" than I would have considered in the past. But that doesn't mean I don't like what I liked before... just that my tastes have expanded.

With that said, however, I would hesitate to go dressed and alone to a major testosterone infused blood-bath action movie. Dressed, I would tend more toward films like "Boy meets Girl" - a movie, by the way, that I highly recommend (dressed or not).