Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you had your time on earth again

What would you do if you had your time on earth again

If I had my time again I would not have become a forensic photographer at all, might even have stayed single who knows. But one thing for sure I would have wanted to uncover my desire for dressing a lot sooner than I did. I think I have lost a big chunk of my life from not realising it sooner but circumstances drag us in all sorts of directions I am only thankful that I have found me true self at last.
    Would any of you change how you life turned out and whether you would have become what you are now, sooner?

I agree with what you said, however. We live once. we may even come back but not remember our past. I must say that my life was pretty fair. I would have probably transitioned yet as we had our manly-hood beat into us we may not have been men like we was. I do wish I knew what that feminine feeling I had all of my life was possibly identified sooner yet now I feel that it turned out alright and finally found a woman that loves me for me. But the dance though all of my other relationships was incredible. It is better to live the life we are in. I do like the male me and the female me. But now the fem side is so much stronger. But really it sometimes is better to be male.
    Part Time Girl

I would hope that I would have the courage to come out at an early age (teens or 20's). It was a time when I had long hair (a full head too), was more slender and a better figure.
    It would be interesting to see how things would have progressed.

Maybe in a parallel universe there is a me who transitioned in her 20's and lived a full life as a woman.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

such a hypothetical - would i lose the path that led to my amazing children? no. Would i lose the path that led me to groundbreaking research? no. I don't think i could really have come to crossdressing any sooner, all is perfection and removing one character flaw would result in some other consequences downstream. xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I would come out in middle school and transition.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I would love to be more aware of my Trans side and dress from an earlier age, when I had gorgeous hair, was slim and soft skinned. Life is a right bar-steward sometimes.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Great Kids, great wife. Hell even the ex is nice lol. Good paying job, good friends. Nah i'd do it over again. We all have some things that we would like to have done but circumstances did not allow. But taking the totality of my life I have to say i've had a great ride

Banned Read only
    Nope. Because you never know how many things get changed by changing even one event in your life.

Reality Check
    "What would you do if you had your time on earth again "

Simple - Buy stock in IBM and later, Microsoft.

Lourana says it best. One day different in your life might have changed your entire life. One day I was reading the help wanted section and I saw an ad for a good job (I was tending bar at the time). I had my doubts I would qualify but I applied and got the job. Then a co worker asked me to play music one night with the band he was in. I did, they hired me and I met my future wife. So now I'm happily married with a good retirement.

Or, I could have stayed a bartender and probably ended up robbed and shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    "What would you do if you had your time on earth again "

Simple - Buy stock in IBM and later, Microsoft.

Lourana says it best. One day different in your life might have changed your entire life. One day I was reading the help wanted section and I saw an ad for a good job (I was tending bar at the time). I had my doubts I would qualify but I applied and got the job. Then a co worker asked me to play music one night with the band he was in. I did, they hired me and I met my future wife. So now I'm happily married with a good retirement.

Or, I could have stayed a bartender and probably ended up robbed and shot.
    Don't forget Apple and Google.

I would have become a girl in my early teens when i knew what i want to be !!!!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Living each day the best I can, Think I'ld do it again exactly the same.

Imagine if you had our time on earth again, and you were born into a poor and hungry tribe in Africa (remember only a small and lucky portion of the population live in developed countries)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I like what Laurana said. I'm very happy with my life as it is right now. If I went back and changed things I may not have all the good things I have now. Maybe a different life would have had as many good things, but I wouldn't swap.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I have so much good in my life that it would be hard to imagine a life without my wife, children and grandchildren. I think the one thing that I would have done was try to make my dressing less frightening to my wife and have tried to figure a way where she enjoyed Steph's company at least on a limited basis. I think she would like her after she realized that she was the same person that always loved her and wanted to be with her forever. Other than that I'd change nothing hoping that in my next life I'll get to live a full life again as a woman.

Probably would have made a few more investments at an earlier age and other than that would love to do it all over again. I have ten grand kids and love my own kids and their wives and son-in - laws, my own wife is a dream made in heaven, we are truly soul mates and have enjoyed so many good times together. Would change a thing except a few financial situations. I have been CDing since I was a very small you young one except then I thought something was wrong with me. Might just accept that I like it earlier in life and see where that road would lead to. Other than those things I've really loved my life and the people that have surrounded me thru it so far. Attitude is every thing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What Laurana said. We r all a product of our past. Change that and u would not be the person u r today. Then, you'd want to go back and change something else!

I don't think about the past very often. My motto is: I have one chance to live my life. So, live it MY WAY!

If I don't like something about my life? I try to change it. Dreaming about how to use the time I have left beats the heck out of lamenting the, "what ifs"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Nah, I'm pretty happy with who I am. I started dressing and going out in my 20s so I can't really complain about waiting too long. The money part is not really relevant -I'm very thrifty so I think I can live on dimes.

Yet I'm sorry I did not take up car racing earlier. Hold on a second, where am I? This is not the Spec Miata forum, right?

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    I remember being slightly envious of other classmates at school who knew exactly what they wanted to be when they grew up and then follow it through !
    My Cding clouded my mind from an early age followed by sexual needs and to have relationship with girls , being single minded about a career just didn't happen, maybe that's a regret now but we can't change history. My CDing was fairly open until I married because I had two GFs that were OK with it . Possibly like many I thought it was something of youth that you pass through , as it continues you start to feel guilty that it hasn't passed off and then children come along and everything that life throws at you an then CDing becomes a release valve . The guilt then builds to a point where the pressure is so great you have to come out to your partner and then the rollercoaster ride really starts, whatever happens your commitments are still there and there's no walking away. I didn't expect to be still going through this in my sixties but how I could have changed anything ? At every step you still think it's going away, now I realise I was born like it and it's for life ! If I changed any of this sooner I possibly wouldn't have the security I have now or have been able to support my children in their lives.
    I just accept life is a compromise , change any aspect of it and everything else changes !
    The regret I have is going through life trying to do my best , now almost too late I would like live the part of my life I have finally come to terms with, sadly my wife of forty years is not a part of that and it does hurt to have part of my being rejected !
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-30-2015 at 04:11 PM.

These questions always end up as an open invitation to fantasize (as if we don't do enough of that already - ha! ) but I think I get what you mean Bobbi...

Trouble is, I think Sherry is spot on when she says that whatever we end up changing, we'll always want something different by the time we're too old to make the most of who we were a couple decades (or more...) ago.

We only get one lap of the track and one look at the scenery in each section as it goes past... I think I'm just leaning into that second, long curve before the final short straight to the finish line (hopefully...) and if I did change something in early life, who's to say it may not have a profoundly damaging effect on where I might be today...

Maybe I would have explored this part of me earlier and in more depth - but in truth, the urge just wasn't there as much in earlier life, and I still have a sneaking suspicion the feeling may fade in coming years... but while it's around, I'm going to bang that gong a little more while there's the energy and desire to do so...

No resolutions or promises for 2016 though - just go with the flow...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I coulda had class...I coulda been a contender....I coulda been somebody. I had the gift; but a curse to go along with it. How many others, I always wondered, how many lives have been wasted because of greedy, mean people who take advantage of others, ruin our lives almost before we got started. By the time I got to high school, I was such a mess that I would never completely recover. If I'd never learned to become someone's girlfriend; if I'd never spent so long, questioning my own sexuality; life would have been so very different. How it all would have played out, we'll never know. But the odds of it being better are close to 100%. Without the emotional torment, school would have been a breeze. My hunger for knowledge would have had free reign; without the almost constant bouts of loneliness, isolation, sadness and depression that went along with it, I potentially might have made scientific advances that could have changed the world. But we'll never know.

One in four girls will have some type of unwanted sexual experience before they reach 18. And one is six boys. That works out to about 20% of all kids. How many are sexually abused over and over? And it's going on right in front of our faces. So to everyone here: Watch the children. If something looks fishy, pay more attention, look into it. Let's try not to let any more lives be wasted.

Thank you.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

First, I would have found therapy which would have allowed me to find me. There really is no #2 , because most of things I would change resulted in me not getting comfortable with me and being me. I waited way too long...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Silver Member
    Perhaps a more important question might be "Realizing what you have learned in life up to this point, what are you going to do with the rest of your life?"

Don't live in yesterday's regrets. Make the most of today and tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Perhaps a more important question might be "Realizing what you have learned in life up to this point, what are you going to do with the rest of your life?"

Don't live in yesterday's regrets. Make the most of today and tomorrow.
    The past gave me the insecurity to hide who I was. The present has allowed me the courage to embrace who I am. The future is my path to be who people will remember me for when it is time to discover what another life may have in store for me.

I only wish I hadn't fought it for so long.

In hindsight (great to have that!) I would have transitioned at twenty as I was really ripe for hormone treatment I was having then.

Unfortunately I stopped it due to misinformation and lack of experienced doctors and knowledge.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.