Thread: We are living in their generation

We are living in their generation

As I sit here in my office appropriate dress and ridiculously feminine underthings on this icy day, I have noticed that we are merely benefiting from the courage and heartbreak of our younger sisters.

These are the girls that are being nominated for(and crowned) prom and homecoming queen. They are the brave sweet souls feeling the hatred of members of our generation.
    While we are coming out in record numbers, many of our younger sisters are choosing a life of freedom and happiness. God bless them.

can you say a little more on what you mean, expand on this, sounds interesting, thank you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I would have thought the freedoms they enjoy are from the seeds sown by the many LGBT groups and individuals that led the way. Without this, they would be now where the pioneers were then.

We each benefit by a greater awareness of 'us' in the world, but we aren't living from their successes. All power to the young for doing as they please, but the foundations were already put in place for them to express themselves.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Becky, I don't think my point is contradictory to yours, but it seems we are laying the foundation for their freedom. While we all have choices (and consequences) they must really feel that being themselves is not wrong or deviant. Something Hillary Clinton recently told a troubled and victimized gay teen on the campaign trail really struck a cord with me. "Your future is going to be amazing". What a powerful statement to people that have sometimes felt their lives aren't worth living. How many lives will be saved by their courage and our support.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Eek! Hilary Clinton and politicians generally, both sides of the pond. You've put me off now.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Ones from the past always pave the way as are the new girls paving the way for the next generation.
    Victimized why is that such a buzz word these days? Many of us have been to some degree growing up so nothing new with that.
    You are only a victim if you let yourself be one I chose not to be.
    Throwing politics into the thread turns me off too.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-29-2015 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Eek! Hilary Clinton and politicians generally, both sides of the pond. You've put me off now.

Becky
    I understand and relate to your feelings about politicians, but it is still a profound and hopefully true statement.

Yes I believe if it was not for the girls before us we would have a much harder time.
    peace and love
    Last edited by Katey888; 12-30-2015 at 05:30 AM. Reason: No specific politics please :)