Thread: Do you spend more time on your appearance as a man or woman?

Do you spend more time on your appearance as a man or woman?

I've been thinking lately and find it kind of strange I spend very little time on my appearance when dressing as a man.

Things like shaving, grooming my hair, choosing clothes.

I go shopping for women's clothing 100 to 1 over mens clothes.

Even hair styles, I spend a lot of time thinking what will look nice but, when it comes to my male hair I almost never look in the mirror.

I guess I need therapy.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 12-28-2015 at 10:55 PM.

I never used to bother much about my male appearance, however since I really got into the feminine side of my personality (and appearance) I find that I pay a lot more attention to my male side as well. I guess they are mutually beneficial....
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

I always dressed well as a male in a professional position. However, I had my suits and sport coats and dress pants and dress shirts and ties, belts socks and shoes. Just enough to always vary the look and a 10 minute task to put together an outfit, usually less time. I definitely spend way more time and effort both physical and mental trying to come up with different outfits with all the accessories and to get my makeup on right. I enjoyed my mail look and style and really love my female ones.

Much more time on female appearance but I've also found that the female side has lengthen my male appearance time as well

Spend a LOT more time on my feminine looks versus male. Shaving, hair, makeup, clothes...now I have a much better appreciation for what it takes for a woman to get ready to go out. Enjoy shopping much more as well. Maybe because it is new, but I hope the excitement stays.

Is this a serious question?

Banned Read only
    @Eileen - yes!

I spend about a nanosecond as a guy lately but seriously no less than 15 mins as femme! I consider myself as gender fluid lately but flowing to TG 😉

Banned Read only
    Do you spend more time on your appearance as a man or woman?

J-S:

Is that even a question?!?!

DeeAnn

Reality Check
    If we were women, we could just roll out of bed brush our teeth and hair, throw on a pair of shorts and a simple blouse and hit the world, similar to how we can as a man (I'm talking about running errands, etc., not going to a fancy office job.

We are not women so we must spend time fixing ourselves up to look as much like women as possible. We have to get a close shave, we have to at least put on beard cover and a bit of lipstick, we have to strap on our boobs, wig and hip padding, and then outerwear.

So, of course we spend more time getting dressed as a woman than as a man.

As a bloke I work out at Dawn, shower & shave, throw on some very casual clothes, precursory hairbrush (there's not much left!) and hit my In Car Entertainment to work, where, doing what I do, it's scrubs, hats & masks/gloves until lunchtime, when I have a private snooze, then hit the operatory again until mid-afternoon when I knock off, do some Admin/correspondance, then it's the In Car Entertainment again & maybe walk the dogs before Dark.

CD-ing only happens on free days and when MOH is off somewhere else. Dressing up is about camouflage, and that takes time!

M.
    Last edited by Maryesther M.; 12-29-2015 at 02:08 PM.

I do not think that you need therapy. This is just one of the differences between presenting as a woman vs. presenting as a man. I am the same way. I have many more choices
    for presenting as a woman.
    Hugs, Carole

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Sounds like you need a shopping trip. That's the best therapy. I actually do not spend much more time getting dressed enfemme, maybe an hour. In drab, maybe 30 to 45 minutes. But I do think I come out better in glam. That extra 15 minutes can make a big difference. I'm pretty ordinary on male mode.

Platinum Member

You Never Get A Second Chance To Make A good First Impression !!

Hi Judy, I've always been particular about my appearance in male mood , Hair always combed and never looks like I need a haircut.
    Unless I'm working in the yard or my workshop, always nice pants or jeans and a buttoned shirt tucked in.

When dressed to go out always a tie and jacket, and all shoes are always polished.

When EnFemme, I always dress as best as I can whether casual or dressed to the nines,
    You never get a second chance to make a good first impression!!

I guess that I have O. C. D. about my appearance.~~~~~~~~~~~~>Orchid ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Seriously, Judy? I'd say closer to 500 to 1 for me for both shopping and prep time.

But, that would include my Sherry story efforts, too.

Without the stories? Maybe 200 to 1?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Much more as a woman, if you count the daily maintenance of plucking facial hairs, shaving here and there, nail polish (clear on the fingers, whatever on the toes) and curling/styling my hair. He's in jeans and polos and plain black shoes (Birkenstocks in summer) and a ponytail, but these days also a BB-cream foundation and a tiny hint of blush plus tinted lip balm. But putting herself together obviously takes more time, what with the undergarments and more complete makeup and jewelry. That, and caring a lot more about the outcome and overall look.

I am in Therapy. LOL

I love it though, much better choices and more fun outfits.

Not only time, but I spend much more on the clothing.

For me 1 bra and panties can cost much more than 6 t-shirts and 6 male briefs, not that I wear them that much ... only at work.

I hardly see how this is a valid question, a whole lot more time on the fem side.