Thread: Like father, like son 😮 ??

Banned Read only

Like father, like son 😮 ??

OK, this might sound weird but I think my son is....at least...gender fluid. I came out to my family kinda like the Big Bang (long story) but since then I've noticed my son is 'exhibiting symptoms', I think it's cool, adds cred to the hypothesis my entire 'house' is gender fluid 😉

You won't think it's cool when you're all fighting over the bathroom!

i'm sure it's "in the genes" at least. My father was a peacock-dresser which was about as far as i could imagine a person born in 1932 could reasonably go?
    One of my sons is most definitely andro, probably fluid, has been video'd in a dress, and the other has worn a dress and has a cd flatmate. Plus stepdaughter f2m and their paerner f2m seems its definitely in the air - or the water - round here!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

You can give eachother fashion tips x

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Well, at least he shouldn't have any problems coming out, if he's not in to start with?

I would run my life as gender fluid if I could, it would be my preferred way to live.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Maybe, Robin...

But maybe there's just a bit of dad emulation going on (you know sons generally have their dads on pedestals...) - and while it might be affirming for you, perhaps a chat might be worthwhile as he may be feeling subtle pressure to conform to your hypothesis...?

Just - I just think offspring should be encouraged to find their own way wherever it may lead them... as long as it's nowhere too dark and ungood...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Robin,

I am not sure how old your son is but what Katey mentioned (dad emulation) might have a bit to do with it. Again it depends on the age. If you are not 100 percent sure, you could ask in a "concerned dad" kind of way and if he is, then it might be nice to know he has someone in his corner who understands. If he is not, no harm no foul . . . you were asking as a dad and have your answer. My two cents

Cheers

Marcelle

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I will never know for sure, but I often think my father was a closeted crossdresser. There are many instances and signs that lead me to believe this. He has been gone over twenty years now...maybe one day I'll find out when I get to the other side.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Prettytoes, im sorry to hear about your loss, i think my dad is too, when we first moved house i saw a garter belt in a box and it wasn't my mothers size so it had to be my dads.
    Ellie May 😘

My son (9) wears my old wigs sometimes when I do ('look mom, we're girls!'). I'm either going to catch he!! for that one day, or I'm going to be really glad it turned out that way. Time will tell I guess. My SO is always telling me to 'talk to the kids about it' (I do), so I'm quite surprised it hasn't made her uncomfortable (but I'm pretty sure I'd know if it did, we both wear our emotions right on the surface). Fire burns but it also lights up the dark...

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Last fall I came out to my adult children and my middle son admitted ar the time he had some leanings in that area as well. More was shared in a long talk on Christmas and I believe he will be finding his life path has a transgender component. But before we start linking this to genitics I need to let you know my kids were all adopted.
    I never saw signs that my father was anything but a macho, cis-gender man, so it seems the roll of the old cosmic dice is the factor in my son's news.

Tolerance in the family makes for good relations.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Great point Katey, if you're not a phsycologist, you should be (seriuosly 😊 ). I don't think so in this case though, he's always been a little 'different' but NOW I think I'VE opened the door, I guess he's living the dream...it's all good 😊

My dad did it. Seen him once when I was about 8 or so. I don't know if it was handed down to me from him if so I'm good with that. My grandson Who is staying with us for a time dabbled in girly things at 5 or 6 years old don't know of he stil does but I think he was in my stuff one or two times.
    Angie

Silver Member
    Would men would explore more, experiment, and try different things - if they had been encouraged and taught to do so, in general, when they were growing up? Would more men explore feminine clothing and appearance looks if they did not have the inhibitions and learned norms which prevent them, when they grow up, from trying to wear clothing, or jewelry or hair styles which they might feel to be attractive or sexy but which they believe should only be worn by females? If it was OK to be different, or to dress the way they really wanted to, or wear something that made them feel good or complete when they were growing up, would there be more men wearing earrings, long hair, higher heels, make-up, perfume, nail polish and female clothing? Would there be more crossdressers, men who enjoy appearing or feeling feminine?

If you're looking for something, you're more likely to find it than if you're not. That said, the odds of finding a crossdressing son is only a 1:40 shot. It's not as unusual as winning the lottery or anything. So remember that, everyone. Unless you are out, if your son crossdresses he will probably not be any more willing to out himself to you either. I hid my crossdressing quite well from my family when I was a kid. so all of us who think we have perfectly straight sons, well about one in forty is likely to be wrong! This might be an interesting topic; how many of us with children know that they have a crossdressing son? Because I guarantee you, if there are over 20K members here, there are a lot of crossdressing sons out there!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

There well could be a genetic component, but I think is also more curiosity about the whole gender fluid, transgender community going on these days. Many people, I'm thinking guys for the most part, have had episodes of curiosity and/or experimentation, but have suddenly come to the realisation of what sort of rejection/isolation/harassment/violence, they could encounter. The typical reaction to that fear is to hide it as well as they've ever hidden anything, or to just bury the whole thing deep in their subconscious. As some of us "come out" then they wonder about allowing this part of themselves to surface in their conscious mind, or some actual display/disclosure of their curiosity or leanings.

My own experience makes me think this. Since wearing skirts full time at work, the guys I work with have definitely been a little more "femme" in their dress and or presentation. Many more colours, longer hair, much more willing to be the peacock. No other male skirt wearers, but at least 2 part time kilt wearers. One guy did ask me about where I got one skirt, and when I told him I'd seen one on the shelf in his size, he actually went off and tried it. There also been a reaction from the girls, I've seen a lot more skirts and dresses, much more adventurous wearing of yoga pants, I'm not sure if that's just a willingness to display more now I've done it, or rising to a challenge!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I've questioned this myself. I remember finding a pair of fishnets in my dad's room. I have no doubt that he dressed to some extent, but I would be absolutely horrified to ever talk to him about it. I don't have any children myself but I would certainly encourage them to follow their little hearts desires.