Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife's Attitude Toward Your Dressing

Reality Check

Wife's Attitude Toward Your Dressing

OK, this is sort of a poll. What is your wife's attitude towards your crossdressing?

1) She seems to actually enjoy it. She shops with me, sometimes buys me stuff on her own, she will sometimes ask me to dress when I wasn't planning on it and she willingly goes out in public with me as two women on the town.

2) She accepts it. She may shop with me, she doesn't make snide remarks or give dirty looks when I am dressed around her and she treats me normally when I'm dressed. I don't have to hide my stuff in the basement, it's hanging in the closet with my other clothes.

3) She tolerates it. I know she would rather I didn't do it. She makes negative comments from time to time and might make a face when she sees me dressed as a woman. She doesn't like to talk about it. My stuff has to be hidden away where she knows it's there but doesn't have to look at it.

4) Don't ask, don't tell. She knows I do it but refuses to take part in any way including seeing me dressed as a woman. I have to hide my stuff where she cannot find it because she might destroy it.

5) I've been afraid to tell her so she doesn't know about my dressing.

I'll go first: #2. If my wife gets up early and goes to the gym or runs errands, it's the same reaction when she gets home, regardless of whether Krisi or Homer meets her at the door. Of course if we are going out, it has to be Homer, she doesn't want the neighbors or friends to meet Krisi. Could it be better? I suppose, but I think I'm pretty lucky and I don't want to mess up what I have.

Anyone else?

#! for me.

4 for me :-(

2 for me

I'm somewhere between a two and a three, although I generally say she only tolerates it.

2) ... she doesn't make snide remarks or give dirty looks when I am dressed around her ... she treats me normally when I'm dressed ... I don't have to hide my stuff ... it's hanging in the closet with my other clothes.

3) ... I know she would rather I didn't do it (actually I would rather I didn't feel the need to do it) ... She doesn't like to talk about it ...

I would add that she prefers me to dress in guy mode most of the time ... underdressing (panties) all the time is never a problem ...

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    Put me down for 4.
    I would be nice to think these polls achieve something , I guess it may help other members who think they are the only ones in this situation.

#3 thats my wife

5 and I don't ever see that changing

Mostly a 2

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    Mine is stuck firmly between 2 and 3 these days.

2 to a tee.

I am a 2.2, let me explain. My wife's reasoning is that this has been going on since childhood so why try to stop the dressing and I enjoy it. She lets her thought known about style and makeup. My have bought me cloths and currently makeup. She will NEVER go out in public with me, period. Vicky is happy.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm between #2 & #3 but with a bit of #1 thrown in. Sorry, I can't be totally black or white on this one, but I don't think many of us pigeon hole that well. Sounds like a familiar story.

She bought me a little necklace and bracelet for Xmas. Nothing expensive but the gesture was immense.

She accepts and/or tolerates it dependent on the day. I don't get dirty looks per se, but do get the odd remark every now and again. All my stuff is hung up or folded up in the drawers, with makeup, nails and other girl stuff on everyday display. She shops with me, whilst buying boots yesterday and having my ears pierced. Oh god, I'm looking forward to my first dangly earrings that don't clip on.

She would prefer I didn't do it and isn't always open to discussing it either, but a little realignment yesterday has changed the dynamic at home, so we'll see how this progresses.

Becky - Hoping for a very happy New Year
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member
    Chrisi - my wife's support is a 1.

How much credit does she get for your appearance ... you are gorgeous!! Not to mention soooo lucky to have a wife that you can share this with.

Solid 2 for me

I'm a 2. My wife accepts my dressing. She prefers not to see me dressed but is ok with it. Her only rule is that I don't bring it into the bedroom which I respect.

Definitely a 5.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    Definitely a 3

Banned Read only
    I'd say I'm a 2 although I've never dressed in front her (well maybe a little, ladies skinny jeans, boots, cute ski jacket, long nails with clear polish, my usual look 😉 ) and my girl wardrobe is in the closet right beside the other crap...I soooo have GD! 😳

A 2 for me,I don't have to hide clothes,some time the wife will even pick out and buy things for me,under dressed every day.
    Thanks,
    Molly

Five for me. Will it change at this moment I don't know but Anna is building up a lot of momentum. Making fab friends and hopefully getting out more

Between 1 and 2.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

4 for me. Maybe 3.9 as she has finally handed stuff to me rather than give to charity and knows stuff is in locked trunk - in case kids ever tried to open it. I once let her look over stuff and she got upset. Does not want to see me fully dressed with makeup but has seen me as man in a dress/hose/heels/wig/beard.
    Ellen

Silver Member

I keep certain items in a drawer, but most of my outer clothing is hanging there. She makes a semi snide remark one in a while, but some funny positive ones as well. She definetly does not want to hang out with Meghan, and worse would be meeting other CD'S or TS gals. But I let her know when I'm going out. She is usually a little frosty for about a day after, but the warms up and everything is back to normal.

Of course, we've done this poll a number of times. This baits the question, why do you ask Krisi? Is something going on that you need to talk about? Fire away.