Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife's Attitude Toward Your Dressing

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Between a 3 and 4. After all these years little progress.

Between a 2 and 3. My wife tolerates, will buy items - like pantyhose only if I ask, ad I do not have to hide any of my clothes or makeup. She knows this is part of who I am but struggles to participate. I doubt it will every be better than a 2.

"Dressing" is not always the issue with wives. May you should add a number category such as: does your attitude and behavior change when you are dressed - does the wife like that?

Pretty solid #2 here, It has taken some time to get here,
    But honestly, My wife accepts me, more then I accept myself.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Not really a number that applies. My wife knows, I wear panties all of the time and she does the laundry. My "girl" clothing hangs in the closet with my male clothing and we share the closet. So she knows everything but doesn't want to see Abby in any form. I buy my own clothing as there never any" gifts" from wifeypo.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

Mine has been #1 since the day I told her everything. She is willing to to go as far as i am willing to go with this. She has never denied me my freedom since the day we met which was quite sometime ago and is almost unheard of in the grand scheme of relationships. I haven't had to make any "compromises" and she is game for going out any time i want.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Is there a #6???

#5 unfortunately. The irony is that, if I thought that she'd be anything other than horrified, she's the one person in the world that I'd want to tell.

My wife was a #1 before her passing she supported and encouraged me. She never went shopping alone and not bring me something pretty home.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFourteen View Post
    Is there a #6???
    There wasn't one, some of us added a '6' because our situations were worse then any of the 5 options. The person who got hit in the head with the frying pan might even be a 7.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

3. She lets me have my time but she stays away. I understand how she feels but I often feel she is driven more by learned prejudices than actual distaste.

The "Threads" that we post here on the Forum always provoke a sense of reflection for me and possibly others. I view this as a good thing. As far as the original post goes, I would give myself a #3*. I say that with the exception that it fits me well, but my wife seems to not be snide or negative when my CDing comes up, but more some stony silence. I wish it was more a #2, but it appears to be working for now.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

2 for me

What a fascinating read this thread has been! For me, it was a 5 six months ago, but I finally came out to my wonderful wife and I'd put us between a 2 and 3, probably much closer to 3. My clothes have moved from being hidden in a box in the basement to a drawer in the bedroom. She knows they are there but at this point is not interested in seeing me dressed (says she's not ready for that yet) and I understand and respect that. She has however had no objection to me being underdressed a few times and seemed to enjoy having that "secret" in public, so I consider this progress. She's also on a couple of occasions given me time in the house alone to dress when she could tell that I needed it- at my request.
    I'm hoping to get to a solid 2 at least and am fairly confident that will happen with time. Not sure I even want to get to a full 1 as I have no interest myself in going out in public fully dressed, I'd just love for my wife to enjoy this and have fun with it around the house as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Acastina View Post
    Is there something stronger than 1? It's how we met, through an online affinity group that her ex started. In fact, it was a number of occasions before she ever met the boy.
    It's so cool to meet someone else that met like we did... We met here on the forum, became friends then dated as Sher and Di , not meeting the guy for a while. Now married and it's just our life
    So 1 here... It's just us being us and living life.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I have been in all of those categories since I met her 35 years ago!

Went something like this:

#1.5 -> #3 -> #2 -> #4 -> #2 -> #5 and finally #"6" (stopped). Probably many more category hops along the way if I was really to analyze it, but this gives you the picture.

I told her a few weeks after we started dating, not a problem. Would call it a #1.5 as we did not exactly go out as girls, as none of us were ready for that. (so as an aside, telling early is no guarantee of an easier journey!).
    After some years, she did not like it at all and it started becoming a problem, #3. Then when I started falling apart, she, somewhat reluctantly, accepted that this was a part of me, #2. Then she realized that she just couldnt deal with it, #4, until I really started falling apart which lead to #2 again.
    Some time later, it became a real problem for her and she just blocked it out completely and we magically ended up in category #5! Honestly, as strange as it might sound, her ability to apply denial actually made it feel like she never knew about it at all.
    I eventually just had to stop dressing all together and thats where it has been for a number of years now. No category defined by Krisi for that so I'll call that a "#6", non-active.

In retrospect, a lot of the changes for the worse have been entirely my own fault. I could not control it and pushed to boundaries too far, but thats for another thread some other time.

It has not been a fun ride.

- Suzie

Banned Read only
    Suzie,
    Did you ever score a goal ? I thought my goalposts keep moving but still not as bad as yours !

#2 for me

I'm a solid 3 on this scale. My wife knows but has no desire to see me dressed. She wants to keep it hidden from our kids, with the caveat of waiting until they're old enough to understand and keep confidences. We have been talking about it more lately so I hold out hope of category 2 being a possibility.

Teresa: Suzie, Did you ever score a goal ? I thought my goalposts keep moving but still not as bad as yours !
    That has definitely been a big problem with this for me, "Moving Goalposts". None of the category changes were discussed or announced, I would just slowly realize that something had changed. As I said, a lot of the problems were caused by me pushing the boundaries, but the problem was, I never knew where that boundary was in the first place.

- Suzie

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    It would be #1

I am a 3) with a little bit 2).

She accepts that this is a part of me, and my clothes is in my closet so she can look whenever she wants. I tell her when I’m going out, but she really doesn’t want to talk much about it. This was an agreement because in the beginning she and I hated that I had to lie to her when I was out. She hasn’t seen me dressed yet, but I hope it will happen soon. I am shore she would like this part of me to disappear, but she tolerates that this is a part of me.

To some extent we are a 3. I wear panties almost constantly and they are in my underwear drawer. She bought panties for me once two years ago. While she did fold them for me at the beginning, she doesn't do that now. She throws them in my drawer. Now, that is not a big deal as I do the laundry, it is telling. She does not say anything about me wearing panties. I sleep in them, don't hide them and wear them everyday. She does not know about my other clothes and I do not know her reaction but I know that she does not want to be divorced from me and I believe that if I pushed it, she would not openly object to my other clothes. She would tolerate it but not be "down with it". At this time, I don't feel the need to add that to our dynamic.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    I'm somewhere between a two and a three, although I generally say she only tolerates it.

2) ... she doesn't make snide remarks or give dirty looks when I am dressed around her ... she treats me normally when I'm dressed ... I don't have to hide my stuff ... it's hanging in the closet with my other clothes.

3) ... I know she would rather I didn't do it (actually I would rather I didn't feel the need to do it) ... She doesn't like to talk about it ...

I would add that she prefers me to dress in guy mode most of the time ... underdressing (panties) all the time is never a problem ...
    I fully agree with Taylor between 2 and 3 similar comments too.....

My first wife was a 3 trending toward 5 as the marriage disintegrated. My second wife has been at #1 from the day we met, I am one lucky TV.