I just had the best New Years ! Our office closed today at noon so I came home and the house was empty. I had nothing to do until later tonight when I would be celebrating NYE with my family. So I decided to dress up and put my makeup on and head out to the nearest mall and see what happens. I had planned on hanging out in the vestibule as I have before and check out the people coming in and out and see their reaction. After about 15 minutes of standing in the vestibule I got up the courage to venture into the actual mall. As I walked into the mall corridors I was certain every eye was on me and analyzing me and ready to ridicule me. I walked quickly around and returned to the safety of the vestibule with a quick exit to my car in the lot. But nobody seemed to care. After another 15 minutes in the vestibule I got the courage to venture out to the bowels of the mall. I was ready to take whatever came. Well what an AWESOME experience. I forced myself to enter the mall and walk the corridors. I spent over an hour just walking and observing. Nobody gave me a second glance. I practiced everything I have learned. Walk with confidence. Keep your back straight. Keep your chest out. Keep your chin up. Walk with short steps. Walk in a straight line. That built my confidence. I finally entered the SEARS store and began to browse the women's section in Fem. I had never shopped in my Fem clothes before. Of course SEARS has no SA to ask you if you need help so it was very comfortable. And SEARS had a huge sale on little black cocktail dresses. I have never had a LBD because I was never sure of the appropriate size. SEARS had a perfect black dress that I decided to try on. I went to the fitting rooms and tried on the black dress. Nobody even noticed or questioned anything. As I was checking the fit in the mirror they announced that the store would be closing in 15 minutes for NYE. It was the best thing that could have happened. It forced me to decide if I was going to quickly change back into my fem outfit and leave or be forced to confront the SA to make a purchase. The LBD looked great and fit perfect. I now know I am a size 12 which I never knew before. I quickly changed back into my leggings and decided to buy the dress. I went to the cashier and made the purchase. It was great. She called me Ma'am and took my CC. After asking for my phone # and seeing my CC the SA realized I was not what I was presenting. She was very sweet and at the end of the transaction she commented that she thought I looked very good. That really gave me a thrill. And now I have a sexy, short, black dress that I have always wanted. What a great start to 2016 !!
LUV, Courtney