Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great New Year's Eve !

Great New Year's Eve !

I just had the best New Years ! Our office closed today at noon so I came home and the house was empty. I had nothing to do until later tonight when I would be celebrating NYE with my family. So I decided to dress up and put my makeup on and head out to the nearest mall and see what happens. I had planned on hanging out in the vestibule as I have before and check out the people coming in and out and see their reaction. After about 15 minutes of standing in the vestibule I got up the courage to venture into the actual mall. As I walked into the mall corridors I was certain every eye was on me and analyzing me and ready to ridicule me. I walked quickly around and returned to the safety of the vestibule with a quick exit to my car in the lot. But nobody seemed to care. After another 15 minutes in the vestibule I got the courage to venture out to the bowels of the mall. I was ready to take whatever came. Well what an AWESOME experience. I forced myself to enter the mall and walk the corridors. I spent over an hour just walking and observing. Nobody gave me a second glance. I practiced everything I have learned. Walk with confidence. Keep your back straight. Keep your chest out. Keep your chin up. Walk with short steps. Walk in a straight line. That built my confidence. I finally entered the SEARS store and began to browse the women's section in Fem. I had never shopped in my Fem clothes before. Of course SEARS has no SA to ask you if you need help so it was very comfortable. And SEARS had a huge sale on little black cocktail dresses. I have never had a LBD because I was never sure of the appropriate size. SEARS had a perfect black dress that I decided to try on. I went to the fitting rooms and tried on the black dress. Nobody even noticed or questioned anything. As I was checking the fit in the mirror they announced that the store would be closing in 15 minutes for NYE. It was the best thing that could have happened. It forced me to decide if I was going to quickly change back into my fem outfit and leave or be forced to confront the SA to make a purchase. The LBD looked great and fit perfect. I now know I am a size 12 which I never knew before. I quickly changed back into my leggings and decided to buy the dress. I went to the cashier and made the purchase. It was great. She called me Ma'am and took my CC. After asking for my phone # and seeing my CC the SA realized I was not what I was presenting. She was very sweet and at the end of the transaction she commented that she thought I looked very good. That really gave me a thrill. And now I have a sexy, short, black dress that I have always wanted. What a great start to 2016 !!
    LUV, Courtney

WTG Courtney! Sounds like so much fun. Happy New Year everyone!
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Well done - enjoy your new dress

Aspiring Member
    Courtney, I'm so happy you found the dress you wanted. For a year I've been looking for the right LBD for myself, but with little luck. Hopefully this year it will find it's way into my closet. You've given me hope.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Courtney,

Congrats on another step forward . . . the dreaded interaction.

Cheers

Marcelle

Aspiring Member
    Congrats Courtney on your first shopping experience. It's all down hill from here. Enjoy your lbd and have a wonderful new year.

Courtney, that's a great story and congrats on making it out and about.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    It's always great when we get to do something we long to do like go out in public as a female. Congratulations.

Sounds like a fabulous end to 2015 for you Courtney. Congrats for overcoming the challenges of your fears, well done. Now get out there and enjoy 2016 in that LBD.

Karen

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I went shopping for boots with my wife, but I was in drab. In some ways, I think that is probably more difficult, a guy trying on girl stuff. I would really love to go shopping en femme as you did. It must have been a fantastic thrill? Still, this is one for my resolution list that I have to achieve this year.

I found that I can put on an air of self confidence, almost cockiness, when I have to be seen dressed. It's just because I love being dressed.

Enjoy that dress, ...after all, ...you earned it.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Congratulations, sounds like a wonderful time. Enjoy your LBD, I hope to have one soon myself!

Great read Courtney and enjoy that LBD!

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Oh I admire your courage Courtney. What a thrill to read your post! Congrats on the dress and walking among the muggles for an hour.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Good for you....I have been out but never been shopping and its something on my to do list...maybe in 2016!

Courtney,
    That is your debut to 2016, keep it up. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Your first time. Well, now it is in your blood and you'll be anxiously awaiting the next chance to get out and about.
    One warning. Shopping can become expensive. You may have to do some window shopping, too.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Hey Trish, Thanks for replying to my post. In 2016 you should GO FOR IT ! You look very presentable. Like you, I was somewhat reluctant to throw myself into the waters as they say. Those first steps were difficult. But, believe me, you would definitely blend in and wouldn't even get a second glance. Once I realized that myself the rest of the day was amazing. I am fortunate to have smallish features. I am 5'8" and weigh 150". I wear a size 12 dress and a size 8 women's shoe so that helps. But otherwise, I am all male. Once I overcame the initial intense fear of exposure and ridicule it was awesome. I just walked around the mall and really fit in. I must have passed 200 people and nobody even gave me a second look. And then your confidence just builds which leads you to be more relaxed which lets you loosen your shoulders, raise your head, and become even more presentable. So, as NIKE says, " JUST DO IT".

Please keep telling stories like that! That is exactly what will happen most of the time. Were you noticed? Probably. Did anyone care? No. As long as you are acting appropriately and behaving yourself (en femme or not), no one will pay you any special attention. You can just go about your business.

How cool is it to shop, pick out a dress, try it on, have it fit and then purchase it (with a nice interaction with the SA)? Priceless!

Now do it again!!!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyJamieson View Post
    Once I realized that myself the rest of the day was amazing. I am fortunate to have smallish features. I am 5'8" and weigh 150". I wear a size 12 dress and a size 8 women's shoe so that helps.
    Perfect fit size 12? And size 8 shoes? I hate you! Joke, very envious though! Congrats on the expedition, and may you have many more of them.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Yes UNDERDRESSER believe me I am aware that I am fortunate to be of a smallish frame when it comes to my CD persona. (And I got your sarcasm). I know my sizes fit into the normal range for ggs so that makes it easier to shop and to blend. But not so much when I am living on the "other" side. Do you know how hard it is to find a Man's shoe in size 7. Nearly impossible. And lets not even talk about how it feels to go to the weight room around 6' 180" men. On that front I feel self-conscious.

Well done!. It sounds like you had a great time.

brenda_s
    Great story and wish I had the nerve (or body) to do that!

Silver Member
    Courtney,

Good story, congratulations. I think just going in and shopping is far better than loitering at the vestibule. In fact, loitering for too long and repeatedly might just get securities attention. I like the Sears SA portion of the story.

Great experience Courtney - and what a sweet SA you found at the end of it all... It takes nothing for someone to make a little compliment but means a huge amount to be on the receiving end of it...

I'm sure you'll be doing it more now...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Such an awesome story! Thanks for sharing. It's fun to read how others think -- for me standing in the vestibule would be nerve-shattering. Walking through the Mall gives me (perceived) cover because that's what "normal" people do and so doesn't attract attention.