Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser-like Women

Crossdresser-like Women

Hello everyone,

Usually I look at women around me in my society to see what are they wearing, how much makeup they are using, hear their voices and observe their body language. The aim is that explore myself better and eventually shape the woman I want to be.
    Due to my state as a crossdresser, I know that gender isn't a matter of black and white, it's a spectrum. But there is somthing that I noticed in some women that exceeds the spectrum in my openion, Those women live, behave and make choices as if they are male crossdressers (although they 100% female and they do it unintentionally), they dress very femininely and take care of every little detail in their looks as if they enjoy every single second of being a woman, and their clothing includes more lace, satin, tights, skirts... etc (all the stuff that we, crossdressers, like and enjoy).Those women amaze me very much and inspire me to become more like them.

Do you notice that around you? any comments?
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-01-2016 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Greetings here are gender neutral as we have M & F identifying users

Gone to live my life
    Hi Rose,

To coin a phrase, I think what you are noticing is a "what came first the chicken or the egg analogy" or in your case what came first "female fashion or the cross dresser". Women come in all shapes and sizes and populate the fashion spectrum at all points. Some women I know dress very sexy, others professional, others sporty and still some dress very casual (jeans, t-shirts and little make-up). The key thing to remember is that they are not cross dressing but dressing according their likes and sense of style in clothing designed for women. Those who fall in the TG spectrum in the CD portion are dressing to emulate women of a particular style and some will dress sexy (short skirts, heels, max make-up) and others will dress casual . . . again it depends on sense of style and personal desire. This is cross dressing because they are men dressing in women's clothing.

However, there is nothing wrong with observing women, studying various senses of style in order to refine your own sense of style, mannerisms and whatnot.

Cheers

Marcelle

Aspiring Member
    Happy new year to you. Yes, I've seen it and have admired them for it. Usually I've seen the older women like that but occasionally some younger also. There's one in particular I use to see every week in the store dressed in a very Lacy top,short shorts stockings and heels, makeup perfect and hair just so. She was a beautiful looking lady. It is refreshing to see them all well dressed compared to the way alot of them dress today. Hope you have a very happy new year, and take care.

Interesting perspective Rose - and I'm sure true for your environment... (which is fascinating to get insight to )

I think we have pockets of what you describe in our society here. I live in a rural, but fairly high-income region about 30km from London and we have a very broad mix of female preferences from very casual (we have a lot of 'horsey' types around here... It's a British thing - just think minor aristocracy and landed gentry...) to cities and London where fashions can be very formal and very glam. In business and socially there are women who clearly love to exhibit their femininity and make the most of what they are gifted - I am totally with you in loving the glamorous aspect of female fashions and how they influence our perspective of women... And, of course, desiring to emulate that visual aspect of femininity too...

Your (our) view won't be for everyone here - and I believe that is principally because our individual motivations for what we do and how we do it is different: for groups of us and for individuals. I can respect those differing motivations and their expressions, but there are a lot here who appreciate things a little more glamorous than mundane...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

HI Rose, I speak at a collage here in Florida. The collage " girls not a women yet" to me have no fashion sence during the day here attendening class. They dress in a lot of men attire, tank tops wife beaters cut off jeans with hole in them an as for putting clothing together forget it. There are about 40 to 50 young ladies that attend. On average maybe 2 will have a skirt on. the shirts well lets say it dose not show me that they are young ladies. O K I am old fashion so they tell me, but " WHO are the cross dresser " . If you broch the subject it called fashion sense then I ask then all of you have no problem with me or any other C D going out on a date with me dressed as a women. There are maybe 2 or 4 guys in the class they just keep there mouths shut. The women of our age group lets say over 50 dress most of the time as liking that they are women. But will have no problem with a man dressed as a women. The jury is still out on how we will be accepted as time goes by. For me I try to dress with DIGENTY all the time Jo

I totally agree with you Marcelle, thanks for sharing you point of view.

I totally agree with you Kittie. Happy new year to you and to your loved ones
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-01-2016 at 01:36 PM. Reason: please read the rules regarding multi posting and quoting posts

Reality Check
    As you grow older and more wise to the ways of the world, you may find that females tend to take better care of themselves, dress better, have their hair and makeup done, etc. before they land a man.

Not all women of course, a woman with career aspirations will continue to put in the effort. And some just seem to like being admired regardless of their situation

That said, it's unfair of us to judge women on their beauty or presentation (except in contests).. A woman has no more obligation to dress to please us than we have to please them.

As crossdressers, many of us spend hours to get all dolled up for a few hours of pretending to be a woman. A genetic woman is a woman from the time she rolls out of bed in the morning and has no need to "pretend".

That's right Katey, my motive influences my view and I completely respect all the other views and all the women regardless of their style and way of expression.
    I admin that I love that extra care of feminine details in a woman.

You make aa good point josrphine. Thank you

Yes Krisi, you are completely right. Every person is respects for who they are, not for what they wear, but it's a personal preference and tendency to more feminine than average.
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-01-2016 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Please read the rules regarding and quoting posts

Hi Rose,

I find your observations to be true. I'm fortunate that my wife enjoys looking great and feminine, that doesn't that mean she does it every moment. However, it doesn't take her a long time to look that way. She doesn't do full blown makeup every time, but clothes, a little eye makeup, brushing her hair makes it all work. I completely enjoy and applaud women that embrace the feminine side on all levels (of course as a CD I'm biased).

Expanding the discussion (my rant), there is such a strong movement to stamp out individuality and move everyone to a homogeneous state. Heaven forbid that a woman look feminine, a man is strong and assertive, or somebody expresses outside the boundary of politically correct. Then there is an entire group that doesn't care regardless of the sex, so much apathy. It's a transition of society, being online 24/7, lack of teaching how to think, inability for younger people to have a conversation.....then toss in what people eat and how their bodies look.

When you see a well dressed female (as in your definition) they are a brightly colored flower on a dystopian landscape. Thank them and likewise if they are male, alien, or just appear to care about something....

Rose, you both bring an interesting thought, that nestles even more interestingly into Marcelle's reply. As crossdressers we have the full female dressing spectrum available. It begs the question: "what is my best style, what reflect me more than anything else in my feminine form?", "what of this full spectrum is really me?" or perhaps more truly, "what's the complementary, anti-me archetype - the 'not me' that i become later in life?"

i have wonderful food for new year thought, thank you xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Rose View Post
    they dress very femininely and take care of every little detail in their looks as if they enjoy every single second of being a woman, and their clothing includes more lace, satin, tights, skirts.
    The women I've known who behave like this were always up there at least 8.5 on a beauty scale of 1 to 10. They loved the attention they got from being beautiful, and very carefully made sure people always saw them that way. Every one of these women (the ones I knew personally, not the ones I've only seen in passing) wound up married to rich and/or very successful men. As they got older, none of them have cut down on their beauty routine, and all of them put most women half their age to shame. These are the alpha females, the winners of the genetic lottery, blessed with both the natural beauty and the smarts to know how to make the best of what they have. Not all are 'just beautiful'; a few are physicians, professors, lawyers. One that I don't know, but know of, Sarah Palin, is a successful politician even though she's bat**** crazy, and that just shows you how far you can get using your looks when you don't have a clue about what you're talking about. Beauty will get you places, and every one of these women knows it, and uses it to it's greatest effect. Looking at it from the other side of the fence, sometimes it amazes me what we'll do when there's even the remotest, slightest chance we'll be able to have one of these magnificent creatures as a mate. They even made a TV show about it: Scandal. Every week, we get to watch some powerful male fool do ridiculous things in the pursuit of the heroine, an admitted homewrecker who doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks of her. Shonda Rhimes knows exactly what a woman like that can do to a world.
    All the way back to Helen of Troy and Cleopatra, very beautiful women who are also very clever are a monumental force to be reckoned with.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-01-2016 at 11:08 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    For somebody looking in on this forum I think they're thinking "Here we go again! Men thinking they act and look better than women." I think the roles in society have broken down, and, for the better. When I was growing up in NYC in the 1950's and 1960's females did not wear dresses. Yes, there was one or two women who did wear pants on occasion. The undercurrent of talk was negative. Young girls played their sidewalk games and rode bicycles in dresses. Girls had to wear dresses to school even if it was below zero. Many wore pants made for cold weather under their dresses, but, removed them after arriving at school. The mother's wore loose shift dresses to summer dresses, etc depending on the season. Women always wore dresses or skirts & blouses to work. Even in the early 1970's my wife, who was (is) a dropdead knockout, wore mini skirts to work. That's what female wore.

Now? Yes, I see too many women AND men who dress so casual as to appear unkept. Akin to something the dog dragged in. If you can't run a comb through your hair after getting out of bed, then ????? However, I see many women who know how to express their femininity even if some of us think they have coopted male attire. Yesterday I saw a young mother with her daughter walking into the local variety store. She was wearing a really cute pair of jeans, boots and layered tops. Her hair was clean and combed. She had on light makeup, She also had her main asset...her smile radiated femininity. She glowed. It was not a put on face. It was her natural self. I'm sure she is a knockout in a dress, hosiery and heels.

I think men and women have forgotten that it does take some effort to learn how to always be feminine or masculine. I remember last year I was stopped at a traffic light and I was watching a young woman getting out of the cab on a cement mixer. She had on a hardhat, steel toed boots, jeans and a flannel shirt. Her face? The total look of confidence and femininity. She was a total knockout. It wasn't the clothes that made her a woman. It was how she carried herself. It was how she smiled and expressed herself. I worked for several years with a young women who is an army vet. She was short and petite. She always carried herself in a total feminine manner. What did she do in the army? She had one of those easy jobs...NOT! She drove fuel trucks in Iraq. It isn't the clothes that makes a woman.

And yet it seems, when asked, that most here when in guy mode tend to be extremely casual in their style of dress. Perhaps we should lead by example?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not this old "women of today aren't feminine enough and should wear skirts like I do" CD'er rant.
    A woman's femininity is inside her not what she is wearing.
    I know a lot here are thigh highs/6 inch heels and skirt fanatics but women can wear what they want and don't have to wear what you want.
    Give women a brake will ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Not this old "women of today aren't feminine enough and should wear skirts like I do" CD'er rant.
    I must have missed something. I did not see a rant anywhere above about what women should wear. I took it as more of an observation of how what is normal has changed so much. I do not think anybody needs to be given a break from simple observations. Granted, the OP did express admiration of women who do care enough about looking like a woman to put forth the time and effort required to achieve that look, but there is nothing wrong with that. And in fact, I would completely agree.

I have had the pleasure of running in many circles through out my life, from the common rednecks to the shakers and movers of society. I think we all know that there is much more to a woman than what is on the outside. But if everything else is equal, I would take the woman who cares about looking like a woman and is willing to put forth the effort, as that directly translates (in my experience) into how she will handle other parts of her life as well.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-01-2016 at 06:01 PM. Reason: you don't need to quote the whole post above yours

Thank you all for you participation in this thread. I want to make it clear that I'm not disrespecting or underestimating women who care about their appearance less than average.
    If we are to consider appearance a trivial thing, we wouldn't fight the fight in our lives to cross dress and express the person within us.
    I'm expressing my pesonal appreciation to women who take care of every single aspect in their presence to express their feminince.

Love.
    Rose.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Rose what I do see in the responses is the age old CD expression of why don't women try to look their best all the time in make up skits,hose etc like some CDers try to emulate because they like that style but the reality is women can look anyway they want it doesn't make them less feminine.
    I'm not picking on you Rose just the comments or at best what I see out of them.

@bok4fun I find the "common redneck" term kind of derogatory we are all people no better no worse from anyone else.

And as a person who grew up about as redneck as we come, I have no issue with the term at all. But, if I offended you, I am truly sorry.

But more to your point, yes, we are all people, no better, no worse, from anyone else. And the reason I was able to run in such far ranging circles, is I treated them all the same, as equals.

I know a GG who is like that. She actually mentioned a few times that if she was a boy she would be a drag queen.

There is a subculture of faux queens - "drag queens trapped in a woman's body." Which I guess is a similar concept as the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Perhaps we should lead by example?
    Doesn't matter. Remember the movie 'real women have curves'? Way too many women took that phrase and ran with it, basically saying to the male population, 'this is what we look like, take it or leave it', getting fatter and fatter, cutting their hair off, and wearing tents. And then got upset when we decided to leave it and pursue immigrant women who still knew that men like attractive ladies.
    about a dozen years ago, I 'upgraded' my male wardrobe, and then, little by little, everything else in my life. Up until then, I was your typical guy, jeans or khaki's, T, polo, flannel or sweat shirt, windbreaker or denim jacket, sneakers. I took better care of my cars than I did of myself. I decided I should look like what I would want a man to look like if I were a woman.
    Gone were the cheaper looking casual shirts; dress shirts became the mainstay of my wardrobe. Perhaps without a tie, but virtually always some sort of a button down design. Now, I'm not saying I never wear polo or rugby shirts, but they are the exception rather than the rule. I still had my nice cufflinks from the 70's, so I got some shirts with French cuffs, too; felt nice, and I've gotten compliments on them, something I never heard while in casual attire. Dress slacks too, with nice alligator leather belts. Nice dress leather shoes instead of sneakers. Dark socks instead of white athletic ones. Blazers or suits instead of windbreakers. Beautiful cashmere overcoat instead of antarctic parkas when it's cold. Leather or wool/leathergloves instead of ski gloves. Fedora instead of baseball cap or a beanie. Nice analog watch with a leather band instead of digital with the cheap rubber band.
    It made a difference, not just to others, but to myself as well. I found myself foregoing fast food when alone, using diners and restaurants instead. Going to bakeries instead of dunkin donuts . I started going to the barber every month instead of just waiting until my hair started to become unruly. Shaved off my scraggly facial hair for the first time in 30 years too. The list of changes in my life started to increase. It may seem just a lot of little things, but today I feel like a different man. And I've noticed a change in the behavior of other people in my life as well. Be more, and expect more. You'll find that some people will respond to that. Not everyone, but some will.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    The list of changes in my life started to increase. It may seem just a lot of little things, but today I feel like a different man.
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Laozi

i agree completely. My ex was several years younger than I was, and much more casual when it came to dressing. All I had to do was lay out a pair of slacks and a dress shirt, and she would tear her closet apart trying to step it up a notch.

I think, in general, most people want to look good, but that society's standard of what is acceptable for good has changed. When many of us were young, a trip to town on Saturday for shopping was a big deal, and people dressed accordingly. But in today's world, people will wear pajama bottoms to the store, and hardly an eye gets raised. Although it does make for some funny photo montages on social media platforms.

and I see this whole thread going south REAL soon. Most of you all have been here to know the "rule" You don't bash women or suggest that because you all like to dress to the nines that all women should follow your example. Give it up. It has been bashed and beaten here over and over and over. Your idea of femininity isn't everyone's or even MOST people's. Your idea of haute couture' isn't everyone's either. May I suggest you look back in your own lives to see how you dressed 10-20-40 years ago. and how, at that time, people said what you wore was strange or "not" how they wanted. I myself had platform shoes, fitted polyester shirts and white wide belts. Now my contemporaries laugh at that. Styles of the 80's? 90's? Get my point here? What women (or men) wore years ago may be your ideal...but it isn't today. So get off it.

Walk carefully grasshoppers. Stay in the rules (which you all seem to be on the edge of right now)

On a personal note, I agree with Tracii...be careful what how you categorize others. What may be normal in your neighborhood can be offensive down the block
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Rose View Post
    Hello everyone,

Usually I look at women around me in my society to see what are they wearing, how much makeup they are using, hear their voices and observe their body language. The aim is that explore myself better and eventually shape the woman I want to be.
    Due to my state as a crossdresser, I know that gender isn't a matter of black and white, it's a spectrum. But there is somthing that I noticed in some women that exceeds the spectrum in my openion, Those women live, behave and make choices as if they are male crossdressers (although they 100% female and they do it unintentionally), they dress very femininely and take care of every little detail in their looks as if they enjoy every single second of being a woman, and their clothing includes more lace, satin, tights, skirts... etc (all the stuff that we, crossdressers, like and enjoy).Those women amaze me very much and inspire me to become more like them.

Do you notice that around you? any comments?
    Commonly known in the vernacular as "girly-girls", or in the case of homosexual women... "lipstick lesbians". They seem to be an endangered species, far less visible than they used to be, and often the object of derision or disdain by their "liberated" feminist sisters who are preoccupied with "leaning in" as recommended by Facebook CEO Sheryl Sandberg. The iconic movie "The Stepford Wives" was also instrumental in roundly satirizing and mocking them for their preferred lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Commonly known in the vernacular as "girly-girls", / lipstick lesbians / far less visible than they used to be
    I think that really depends on where we are. So many women in the workforce simply don't give a second thought as to whether they're attractive or not, that it's really skewed the ratio of those who are dressed to kill vs those who simply dress to work. 40 years ago, you could walk through any hospital and see most of the nurses wearing snug, form fitting dresses, having their hair done and wearing well done make up. Today you won't find any; it's pretty much loose scrub pants and sneakers. Same with other areas; waitresses often wear pants as do flight attendents and other support personnel. Yet, go out at night and the scenery changes tremendously, as when women are 'hunting' for men (or women, as the case may be), they dress accordingly.