Thread: Going to challenge myself today

Going to challenge myself today

Today I decided to go beyond the usual and challenge my self.
    I've never had the courage to go outdoor underdressed but today I feel like doing so. I'll wear my pink bra and panties, above them I'll wear a cotton blouse and a regular jeans, a puffy jacket will serve the purpose of hiding bra stripes and marks on my blouse.
    I'll just take a walk in the cold/rainy weather and see how it feels. I know it's just under dressing but it makes me so nervous.
    When I come bake I'll share my experience with you. Wish me luck

Do it.Enjoy your walk.
    I have been under dressing for ever. Love having my special little secret.

Two predictions:
    1. It will feel really really good--you'll be trembling and tingly all over.
    2. You'll want to do it again. And again. And again.

Enjoy!

I have one ever underdressed in public once and i was so nervous. But it felt amazing walking around in women's underwear, when I got home I wanted to do it again
    Ellie May 😘

Reality Check
    There's underdressing and there's underdressing.

Nobody will see your panties unless you drop your trousers in the restroom. Panties are close to 100% undetectable, especially plain colors without lace. I wear panties every day and they have become just underwear to me at this point. I don't even think about them.

A bra? Well yes, you have to think about wearing a bra when dressed as a man because it will show under many shirts. If you want to wear a bra, select shirts that are not tight, have a relatively thick and stiff fabric and prints or other colored patterns. Wearing something over the shirt will provide additional concealment

Remember though, some friends and acquaintances may pat you on the back or hug you. That's when you might wish you hadn't worn a bra that day.

I underdress everyday, some days just panties other days I wear my panties and thigh high hosiery and maybe even a bra. I love the feeling it gives me even at work! I have never had a problem with it, just enjoy the feeling!

Banned Read only
    Rose,
    It's the first step so I hope you enjoy it !
    I would guess most start like that and become braver, I do it most weekends now to walk the dog, when I think it's safe I take the drab layer off. Yes I've been caught out more than once and dealt with it, now I wear forms as well. After a while it feels almost normal to be out like it, it's a way to build up confidence to be totally out dressed.

About 20 years ago I used to underdress a lot when I went visiting. I wore a bra, girdle and stockings and some times a short full slip. I really enjoyed it and was not nervous. On a few occasions I would change into a skirt or dress, in the car, and drive home. That did make me nervous. Before that, when I had just discovered I wanted to wear my mother's clothes, I used to wear her girdle and stockings under my clothes, at the dinner table or watching television. Now that I can dress when I wish I have no urge to underdress but, back when I did it, I enjoyed doing so.

I can remember my first outing underdressed, how exciting and nerve racking, I swore everyone knew but of course they did not. Now panties all the time and I do not even think about or notice them as they are so common to me now and camisoles when possible. Enjoy your walk and maybe you can go out on a sunny day also.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Enjoy your walk

Banned Read only
    Before joining this forum I had worn nylon panties to work on occasion. In the job I had I sat a lot which made wearing nylon uncomfortable due to dampness toward the late afternoons. I figured it was nylon pressed against the synthetic material of the chair. Cotton would have worked better.

I gave it a try as a retiree. In the winter months with a requirement to wear some heavier outerwear I expanded the underdressing wardrobe. Under my sweatshirt and male shirt I wore a black bra under a black camisole. I highly recommend for underdressers a split slip also known as pettipants. A pettipanty for those who do not know of them is a long panty whose legs are usually in lengths of 12" to 18" to 24". If you're into the feel of nylon, then your entire rump and legs are encased in a lovely sensation. If you can find a pair of thigh highs that will stay up for a long time, then add a pair. Sometimes those thigh highs will lose their elasticity and have a tendency to fall down the legs. I solved that by wearing a garter girdle which is a girdle that just covered the abdomen. As to hiding the straps I wore a relaxed pair of jeans.

After a while I stopped underdressing. If you underdress or just plain dress en femme it actually becomes so second nature that the excitement is not there. It's the same at home with dressing totally en femme. While doing chores and kitchen tasks in a dress a la June Cleaver I really do not feel I am crossdressing. It feels as if I just chose a different look for the day.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its just my underwear at this point and not a big deal at all.
    Baby steps Rose LOL
    You will be fine I'm sure just enjoy it.

Good luck Rose, I wish you the best.

I still remember the first time i did it. I was so nervous but afterwards I realized it felt normal. Enjoy today, it's a special day for you and let all us girls know how it goes!

Good luck
    I have occasionally worn a chemise and panties at work and nighties- a thrilling little secret!- just yesterday I wore my breast forms under the chemise for the first time and a heavy sweater when my wife and I went shopping. The sweater came unzippered and my wife's eyes got wide. I zipped back up and we continued shopping where she helped me pick out my first dress. Just Great. Today I man work up the courage (as long as my wife is with me) to go to Lane Bryant and ask to use the dressing room.
    I hope your walk goes well and wish me luck.

I have only underdressed a couple of times. It doesn't really give me any pleasure as I am at work and pretty much unaware of any clothing I have on. The one thing I can say is that if you begin underdressing be prepared to have more bathrooom breaks than normal. I did find that I wanted to "check myself out" in the bathroom more than normal when I was underdressed. But, to be honest, a pair of lacy women's panties really don't feel any different than a pair of Hanes Men's Jockeys when you are in the middle of a work day. I am sure women would say the same thing. They really don't notice their lingerie when they are in the middle of their work day.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventure!

Banned Read only
    Way to go Rose, confidence builds slowly but this will I'm sure be a great 'low anxiety' start ☺

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    As many here have said once you begin to underdress it just becomes routine, I've been wearing panties now going on 2 years and it's no big deal I'm now wearing a girls tank under my shirts now that it's gotten colder so it's just my normal under clothes now

Try these. All are OK out in public in either "boy" or “girl” mode. Wearing clothes usually associated with the opposite sex rapidly becomes normal. Underdressing also provides a “head-start” for presenting as a woman since you are already wearing a bra, panties, slip, and nylons! Items that could be spotted as women’s clothes when underdressing, such as a bra and nylons, are more of a challenge in “boy” mode; but when there is no reaction from either men or women that invites one to wear only womenswear. I have found these items acceptable; they are readily available and, in fact, are mass-market items in the women’s department.

!) Slacks: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with womens pull-on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: Although wearing a bra in public in “boy” mode can make one nervous and it is a challenge to “hide” it, wearing a bra can make one feel feminine and can be practical in “boy’ mode to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders.

5) Nylons: Although wearing them in public can also make one nervous, an MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with women’s pull-on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and sheer nylons are OK and are more available. I actually prefer thigh highs as they are easier to put on than pantyhose, they do not need to be lowered to go to the bathroom, and only one leg needs to be thrown out when a run becomes apparent.

All of these are now “normal,” except for wearing a bra, although there is a raison d’etre there too. There is a bit of nervousness there, which I'm overcoming with baby “steps,” such as wearing it with a light tee to get the mail. As soon as my wife accepts that I.m wearing a bra, it will become “normal” too.

Just do it, it does help build confidence, read other posts here on the advice of wearing a bra.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.