Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "never in my life have I wanted to dress more than now" do you know the feeling?

"never in my life have I wanted to dress more than now" do you know the feeling?

Hi everyone, just want to start by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.

It's times like these I love having this forum the perfect place to get something off my boobless chest.

I went out last night for New Years to meet some friends and co-workers for New Years party in central London. Nothing wrong with that I had a real hoot! buuuuuut oh my God never in my life have I wanted to be dressed emfemme more than last night. I have had times like that before Prom Night comes to mind but never has the old Pink Fog clouded my mind so much.

If anyone is a Simpsons fan they may recall the episode where one of Ned Flanders sons says "I'm jealous of girls cause they get to wear dresses" oh how I can relate.

It started on the tube ride in. Two beautiful young ladies got on and sat opposite me. They had lovely winter coats on over short satin dresses with beautiful heels and smooth gorgeous legs. All I could do was admire them and then I started to picture myself wearing the same outfit. On the walk to the pub where I was to meet my friends the streets were packed with so many beautiful ladies with their hair and make up perfect for New Years. So many beautiful sexy long legs and heels clipping against the London pavements. There were also some ladies in more formal dresses them holding up as they walked so they would not trip over their long hemlines.

By the time I got to the pub my brain was already fuzzled. All the girls from work looked so pretty and girly. One of them was wearing a floor length red sequin dress with a side slit. I did my best all night to act normal had some drinks and chatted to everyone. I looked pretty decent myself in slacks and a nice shirt but I just felt really unsexy, boring and ugh.... I couldn't keep my mind off my dresses at home and how I would have loved to have been one of the girls.

I'm sure many of you can relate and I'm sure many of you have similar stories. The really positive thing that came out of it was that it has really given me a kick up the bum to find my own place to live in 2016 where I can dress way more frequently and invite people over for drinks and out way more. I also feel the need to come out to some close friends too, it just isn't good to keep it all bottled up inside.

So here is to a femme-tastic 2016 xx

Elliemoss, Happy New Year to you and to all the other ladies here! I know the feelings you've described. The pink fog can come over me without any warning whatsoever. The sight and sound of high heels on pavement can cause the fog for me.

It's not just at New Year's Eve parties and Halloween that I think we'd all like to go out dressed, but just out. I'm planning on getting out more in 2016. It certainly isn't good to keep it all bottled up inside.
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

Here's to a femme-tastic 2016 :-))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Happy new year.

I know the feeling...semi-closeted trans girl living with in-denial parents so I had to settle for bra and panties last night.

Next year, I will be dressed but I can't wait to see what effects that the hormones will have on my body by that point.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    You could have given me a call and we could have had a girl night, in the smoke . I spent the night at home with a couple of Jack Daniels and Coke for company, in addition to the wife of course, so would have loved an opportunity for a dress up night out.

When I'm travelling into and around London, I can't help but look at some of the loveliness that regularly uses the Tube and trains myself and dream about some of the outfits too . It's a sad life I lead sometimes.

You'll have to come out at work and then you can be one of those ladies.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

aw thanks Becky that would have been wonderful but maybe another time? Would be lovely to meet for a glass of vino. haha, not sad at all I'm sure we all do it. I can remember in detail so many outfits that various female friends have worn at various times over the years that I'm sure even they would have probably forgotten about. I know it's so true the answer to all the questions and the key of course is me. The more people I can come out to the more I can dress femme point in case I live in shared accommodation (I'm sure you are aware of the crazy London rent prices). None of my housemates know about Ellie so anytime I want to go out I book into a hotel which isn't cheap either. If I just let my housemates know then it would make things easier but in all honesty I'm not someone who desires to dress all of the time and I do like being a guy

Happy New Year!
    Down south we go to "The Hunting Club" to watch football. It's a lot of fun.
    I and my SO stayed home last night. Our friends called and asked if we would come and watch the ball game. The conversation swayed toward "we are dressing up". My wife questioned what was going on. They stated "we have wigs and all". OMG, my wife mentioned me going. Only if we had prepared in time. Such a missed opportunity for so much fun without being totally outed.

Banned Read only
    Elliemoss,
    I can fully relate to how you feel !
    My wife booked a cruise late last year I knew it was going to be difficult to feel how you did, I just wanted to be dressed for the evening meal and shows , seeing so many women actually wearing dresses or skirts with lovely heels enjoying the evening was wonderful , I was so envious !

I've been there. The desire to crossdress comes and goes, mostly comes, but I've accepted that it's what I must do to retain my sanity, so I've stopped fighting it. Trying to be something I'm not 24/7 is way too much stress when there's so many other things to worry about. It's much easier to just pretend to be a normal guy for a little while whenever necessary, and live the rest of the time under the delusion that I'm the girl I was supposed to be. Live hands you lemons, you may as well start making lemonade, because no oranges are on the way.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    I can definitely relate Elliemoss. The desire to get glammed up with the right cocktail dress, heels and make-up was overwhelming last night. Someday maybe :-)

Would be nice to get glammed up and go out for the holidays

Yes, I was sitting all alone in my basement last night watching the New Year come in on CNN. I was looking at all the girls dressed to the 9's in their party dresses, pumps, and jewelry and was jealous. I soooo wanted to be them instead of me. I also now find myself paying more attention to the ads in the newspaper flyers showing women in bras and dresses and makeup and analyzing their look. Always learning how they wear their clothes, what the makeup looks like etc. And when I see the ads it again makes me jealous that I can't be them.

Aspiring Member
    Been there done that. Just scrolling through my Instagram feed already made me want to head down to Marina Bay Sands' roof garden last night in a beautiful white dress and sip mocktails through the night. Of course I'd wish to look my most glamorous for this very night if I stepped out. Even as Jimmy.

Eventually I spent that day with family and friends at home. Sure, Lily was nowhere in sight. But what did it matter there and then?

Here's to a blessed and bountiful 2016.

Warm regards
    Lilian

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Oh gawd, yea. Happens to me all the time. Sometimes it comes out of nowhere at random, and sometimes it's an envy trigger ... Going to church on a big holiday like Christmas or Easter, or a ritzy company party, or NYE.

Being immersed in a sea of people who are looking exactly like I want to look, and doing all the things I want to be doing ... It really can be such a harsh reminder of the chasm that exists between who I am inside, and who I have to be out in the world.

There's a scene in the movie Gattaca, where the main character who dreams of being an astronaut has to take a job as a janitor at the spaceport. "I've never been further away from my dream then when I was standing right next to it" ... That line perfectly expresses that emotion for me. Makes me cry every time I watch it, LOL

Here's the thing though... It does pass, though it always comes 'round again. The best and only thing I know to do with that feeling for now, is to just endure it ... And try to gently remind myself that indulging in self pity is self destructive.

Hang in there, girl!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I hope you have a femme-tastic 2016.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The Pink Fog comes to me all the time, so I know how you feel. I hope the times change in the near future do guys can dress with an equal societal acceptance and on an equal scale as women do today!
    May 2016 bring us all another step closer.
    Oh, I noticed when I Christmas shopped, that several designers are bringing in much more feminine looking shirts and underwear for men. More floral prints, much softer materials ('liquid cotton' by Calvin Klein is great), and even hand bags for men (though not for me at this time) are beginning to appear more and more.
    Our day will come!
    Di

Aspiring Member
    Oh my. I can have only one thing to say about this question:

Yes!

Elliemoss, try NYE in St Ives Cornwall. Search Facebook & the web to see what it's like. A photo from last night before going out.
    10590485_981869718571127_8358501120562108546_n.jpg
    Last edited by GemmaK; 01-01-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Have a femme-tastic 2016. I was in Jeggings and a nice sweater last night. We drank wine and then champagne after 11 and brought the new year in embracing each other. Sure wished I was out at a party in a nice black dress.
    Part Time Girl

Yes I do. It gets stronger everyday. I so wish I had someone to guide me and share with! Happy. 2016 and May it make your dreams come true.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a 70 y/o closet dresser, Ellie. However, I began going out with other dressers in our area about 4 years ago. I now have a number of girls I can count on to be going to events at a nearby T friendly and vanilla venues weekly! And, I even have a special girl friend now. We go out dressed quite often!

Of course, special holidays, etc., mean special events! It was New Years so, we were out at gay/lesbian club last nite. Heck, if I can do it? ANYONE CAN! Plus, I wear a mask which makes everything MORE difficult.

I think I was one of the prettiest girls there last nite. But, not even close to their stunning and incredibly talented professional dancer. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Good thing I had the mask on. She couldn't see me drooling!

And, I don't even enjoy going out that much. So, u girls that stay in when u want to be out there having fun and looking pretty? Start slow. Meet some other local girls. Go to T friends clubs and bars. Pretty soon your lady's dance card will be filled up! Oh no! We have another big T event tomorrow nite? Crap! I better go take a nap----

Last nite----
    P1060457 (542x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, I also find that the need to dress is triggered by seeing attractive women dressed all feminine. They look great and I then want some of that too!

Did get out dressed this NYE for a comedy show.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Aspiring Member
    Been there, done that. It took me years to realize that the tingles I felt when I saw a woman or girl really nicely put together were more envy than lust. It wasn't so much wanting to have her as to be her, or at least somewhat like her. At least I finally figured that one out. Happy New Year.

brenda_s
    Yes, I know the feeling! My x-dressing died off for a few years in a big way and now it seems like I want to do it all the more. Perhaps the fact that I was at a NYE party last week and one of the gg guests, a petite middle aged woman, was dressed in a mid-thigh red mini, silky blouse, high heel sandals and a high denier pantyhose. Wow, how sexy and that look only drove the urge all the more. How I wished I had that outfit!

It look a lot of self-control to keep my eyes off of her.