Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

Hello ladies, how is everyone?

My mum is diabetic and she has been prescribed a new drug that helps with weight loss. She said that when she loses enough weight she will be buying a whole new wardrobe because her current clothes will be too big.

When she does get her new clothes I thought that i will have her old ones that aren't too old. She is a size 30 and im a 24/26 so I thought that these items will spare me some money for a while because I don't know how long it will be before I find work, and I really want to expand my small selection of clothes.

I was wondering if this is a good opportunity to get some clothes for free and what would you do in my situation?

Thanks for reading
    Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

Banned Read only
    Charlotte, adding clothes to your wardrobe simply because they are available makes no sense to me. Clothes should fit, show your style choice and sort of "speak to you."

instead of adding clothes that are too big for you, why not make a resolution to get healthy and see where that takes you size wise.

Aspiring Member
    When I was much younger I started off that way - my room had all the rejected and unwanted clothes; I dug into them like nobody's business. It might be a way to start, but no way to sustain as you don't exactly own the clothes and they don't fit you 100%.

You know best how your mum will react if you come out to her and ask her if she could hand her clothes down to you. It's a sorely mistaken belief either way to consider yourself inherently entitled to her clothing. Never anticipate that at all. But it's best to ask.

If you need them and some may fit, and your mom is aware of this side of you, why not ask her if you can keep those items that fit you. Maybe you can alter some. If it gets you over a difficult period, why not. If you don't go out into the real world, no one is going to see that they may not fit perfectly. Enjoy them because they are free and can be recycled to other people when you can get clothes that fit you when you have the money to do so.

Aspiring Member
    I love free when possible. Go for it.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    If your mum is happy to let you wear them and you feel OK in them just treat it as a start to put things together. When you can get your own things at least you'll know what works for you , they haven't cost you anything so parting with them shouldn't be a problem.

I used my wife hand me downs, some of them were too tight on the waist but I now know what I like to wear and what works for me .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If Mom is fine with it then sure why not?
    Alteration of some pieces is a good option too.

It really depends upon why and how you're dressing up. If you're expressing your femininity to others, you really have to figure out what your outfit says to them and if that's how you want to present yourself. If you're just dressing for yourself, then all it matters is how it makes you feel when you wear those clothes, and if that's adequate to make you feel comfortable with yourself. For example: I'm over 50 but dress like a 14 year old girl. Most people would think I'm completely nuts, even for a crossdresser. But I'm comfortable this way. I dress at home, alone, for myself, not others.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I already have a lot of my wifes unwanted clothes (we like the same style), share a few with daughters - I like saving my pennys for other stuff.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

By the time this happens i will hopefully be "out" and they will be accepting of me. Thats why I wanted your opinions so I would know that it wouldn't be a bad thing to do, im bad at explaining. What i mean is, i know i need to find my own style but the items that I will hopefully get will work with me like leggings and a jumper that I quite like if I am honest. So even though they are a little big i can still express myself.

I totally agree about recycling them, if i do get them I will be saving them from the dump. Once i get my own I will give them to a charity shop so maybe other people in the same situation as me would benefit from them, or maybe a woman would like them.

I don't think i will be going out in public for a few years yet, I have to practice everything before i can even consider it lol. So if they don't fit exactly nobody will see me so it will be fine.

They will definitely be a starting point for me and I will be so happy to finally wear more than just underwear like i do at the moment.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to tell me your thoughts i do appreciate everyone's opinion.
    Charlotte
    Ellie May 😘

Banned Read only
    Hi Charlotte, if you're still in the closet I'd say take what you can and build confidence hon! You'll be 'out' before long...look to the long picture sweetie! ☺

Over the years I bought quite a few dresses that didn't fit right.

Dressing up is a girl thing and so is sewing so I got out the sewing machine and tailored them to fit.

Sometimes when you go shopping to a thrift store you find dresses that originally cost over $100 but if it's a size up or down it's a bummer.

I bring dresses up or down two sizes quite often also if it's a full length I usually bring it up above the knee.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Over the years I bought quite a few dresses that didn't fit right.

Dressing up is a girl thing and so is sewing so I got out the sewing machine and tailored them to fit.

Sometimes when you go shopping to a thrift store you find dresses that originally cost over $100 but if it's a size up or down it's a bummer.

I bring dresses up or down two sizes quite often also if it's a full length I usually bring it up above the knee.
    Just about sums up what i was going to say

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Dressing up is a girl thing and so is sewing so I got out the sewing machine and tailored them to fit...I bring dresses up or down two sizes quite often also if it's a full length I usually bring it up above the knee.
    You old seamstress Judy . Wish I had those skills, the amount of stuff that has gone begging because it doesn't fit, brings a tear to my eye. Still, I have just taken possession of a jacket my wife wanted to get rid of. Woo Hoo!

Hi Charlotte,

Once you are out to your mum, it might be an idea to wait before asking for her clothes, as you may be jumping the gun on her acceptance. Just see how your big reveal goes first. The scenarios range from pure disgust and throwing you out to full acceptance and helping you along. All I'm saying is one step at a time.

Asking for her leggings and jumper straight after could be a bit messy, so judge the situation before going in 'full steam ahead'.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I am probably the worst person to ever use a needle and thread and I totally understand about not rushing into things. I have been spending the best part of a month building up the courage to come out, I keep thinking im ready but I always stall, I don't want to come out if im not 100%.

I hope i am out by February or March so by the time the summer is here, (when my mum said that she will be getting her new clothes), it would have left them a few months for everything to settle
    Ellie May 😘

Reality Check
    I suspect your mom would feel pretty strange seeing you parading around the house in her cast off clothing. If you were her daughter it would be different but you're not.

I've been around a long time, had a reasonably successful career and can buy things I need but I have trouble imagining not being able to afford a couple of skirts and blouses from the clearance racks or even thrift stores.

I say don't do it, buy your own.

Take them to a consignment shop, take that money and buy what you want/need that is your size.

I can tell you what I did when I was in your shoes. My mom would put giant trash bags full of goods that she was getting ready to donate in the garage. I would assume that it was all free game and took what i wanted. I would use it then put it back, when i was done. As others have suggested the clothes may not be your style but its better than nothing, imo.

Hey Gina, i think my mum will just put them in the recycling bin and i cant let good clothes go to a recycling plant like that, and some of her things arent my style but I agree it's better than nothing. Also when i am done with them, and i get a job so i can buy my own clothes, I will donate the old ones to a charity shop.
    Ellie May 😘

Aspiring Member
    Quite a size difference there but I would go for it. Take what you like for now and enjoy yourself. When you find work then you can always replace them with something that fits and looks better. You have nothing to lose so go for it.

Thanks Kittie, i am definitely going to take this opportunity when it comes
    Ellie May 😘

I have to somewhat agree with the others...ask your mom first, if she is understanding about your situation then I am sure there wouldn't be a problem for either of you...kind of a win win situation for both sides