Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long do you like/need for (Dress Play Time)

How long do you like/need for (Dress Play Time)

I hate how long it takes me to do me UP.

I need at least a four hour safe window to play DRESS UP TIME

When I was younger makeup app was much quicker but, now that I'm older it takes much more work to look fem.

Well I still love it
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Hi Judy, I am reading this in full Fem attire as I just finished showering and shaving, tapeing, applying full make-up, and putting on all me Fem jewelry, wig, and my new little black dress. I couldn't wait any longer. This whole deal took about 2 hours. But I have been getting faster and faster at these processes as I repeat them more frequently. I just couldn't wait any longer to try on my new LBD so when my SO fell asleep at 9:00pm, which she always does, I went into my "Man-Cave" and brought out Courtney. I have been dressed in full for the last hour and loving how my new dress fits and feels. Now, to do nails and false eyelashes definitely adds a significant amount of time. But if you just want a simple dress-up without make-up I think you could do it in under an hour. Add in the makeup and you are looking at 2 hrs. To go full blown with lashes and nails probably 3 hours. But, as I said, the more you do it the faster it becomes. PS: And I am not some young thing. Going on 47......Gaaaaad !!

Aspiring Member
    Shaving (face and hands): 6 mins. This used to be 20 when I shaved my arms and legs.
    Getting dressed: 4 mins (dress, hose, heels). Likewise for jeans and tee.
    Make-up: anywhere between 10 to 15 mins for a decent formal look. Less for minimal application. My skin's still in fairly good condition for now.
    I don't do nails and toes yet.
    So all in all about 25 mins. Much longer for more elaborate outfits. Obviously.

I usually dress when I have a half day to myself so I can carry on with life in between. Usually an hour spent doing photoshoots in my best dresses.

Complete undressing: 13 mins with everything neatly packed. Usually in a rush.

Would prefer 4 to 8 hours minimum

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I'm in at 8 hours or more.
    Dana Ryan

I have a garage to retreat too. I always have cars to work on. Added bonus is I work night shift thur the week. So on weekends I usually have 8 to 10 hours a night to play. i get dressed up in hose and a cami , put on long nails , do my toes too. Sometimes i work in my heels to .... Hey, it just feels natural ... lol ... Carb cleaner removes polish in seconds and I have mastered the art of removing my nails in a minute. On rare occasions i do make up. I am dying to one day spend my entire weekend dressed as "Lacey" . I guess I'm just a "dolled up" grease monkey at heart ......

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Luckily, I'm out to my wife, so my home is a safe place for me to dress. It takes me a good two hours, shaving the ferns away that grow on this aged face, then makeup and dressing. If I'm going out, I'll have shaved my arms, legs and done my nails the night before or I have another hour and half to add on.

I would happily dress for days but my wife wouldn't be happy with that, plus shaving makes my face sore. Also, the old whiskers start to show through in about 8 hours, so the look doesn't last for long either. Oh for laser and electrolysis, but seeing as I've just been allowed to have my ears pierced, I'll put that one on the back burner for a while.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Since I always wish to be completely dolled up as Sarah, I would need to set aside at least a 4 hour window of opportunity. The old face needs a good amount of prep time and of course, there needs to be a sufficient amount of time to just bask in the joys of being feminine !
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Since I've been dressing for over 45 years, I need at least 2 hours to get in full Heidi mode. Short spurts during the week are fine, but I'd prefer half or all day if I can get it. The first time you remained dress for a full day you understand. Then again, but for me staying with my wife, I'd be full time.
    Last edited by Heidi Stevens; 01-02-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

11/2 hrs to drive to a hotel in another larger city
    2 to 3 hrs for full body shave,makeup, and getting dressed
    4-5 hours out at the LGBT club
    7.5 to 9.5 total
    But having Girl time= PRICE LESS!!

2-3 hours would be nice but have done the whole process in 1/2 hour.. and it looked it. As I age the process takes longer.
    Kate

Reality Check
    I will sometimes dress for just a couple hours, sometimes all day. It depends on what I have to do that day.

Banned Read only
    Not counting shower and shave which I've never really considered part of the "process" I can be dressed and made up in less than 20 minutes.

I don't have "dress up time". Because I'm not flamboyant about it and am just a jeans/t-shirt kinda gal I can wear 24/7.

A flat hour from a standing start as man in jeans and work shirt. Shower, shave, underwear, makeup, stick-on nails, outerwear, shoes and go. 45 mins if I already showered today. 90 mins if its full makeup with foundation and all. But almost never do that any more, white whiskers shaved close pretty much disappear.

What takes me more time than dressing is tending to my dual wardrobe. laundry, mending, folding and stowing is one thing, getting packed for a couple of days away, yikes, and we really do travel a lot. Will I need any guy stuff? Pack that ugly man bag and don't forget socks, sweaters, makeup remover. What are the girl opportunities -- parties, dinner and drinks, visiting, museums, shopping? Pack for whatever is probable as well as attractive tho improbable - wouldn't want to find us invited to a glittery late-night party without a thing to wear. So it's a shoe bag even for one or two nights away, it's day wear and evening wear and extra outfits just in case, two or three wigs, large and small forms with bras to match, stockings, pantyhose, oh yes where is my little evening purse. jewelry, scarves. Then when we get home, unpack it all and stow it all away, neat and tidy for the next time. Not complaining, but when it comes to time, for me there is as much attention on wardrobe management as on wearing it.

2-2 1/2 hours just to get ready.

Like a whole day....could put on an outfit for fun with no face makeup 30 minutes (10 get ready, 10 to say I did it, 10 to put stuff up)

Typical day alone would be 20 minute shower
    30 minutes make up
    2 hours trying on outfits
    2 hours lounging
    1 hour cleanup and put up

I only wish I had that much time. Ms usually goes to church and allows me to dress until she gets back. She warns me sternly to have my face washed and all girly clothes put away after a little more than an hour and a half. I am getting faster, but 20 minutes shave and makeup, a few minutes to choose an outfit wig and shoes is about all I can do. Which leaves about 45 minutes for taking photographs and admiring myself in the mirror. And then hurry to undress and wash face--about 10 minutes.
    Of course, I have more time in I am a a TG Weekend at Saugatuck. Again, I have to hurry as I don't want to miss out on the activities. Shopping, eating out,...

OMG! I just heard a huge noise behind me! A big crash! But when I turned to see what it was, I saw nothing. Further investigation--revealed that perhaps a picture with glass front had fallen off the wall. At least I don't remember a picture on the floor behind the big pink chair--before.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 01-02-2016 at 03:14 PM.

1 hour of shaving/plucking/showering
    1.5 hour of makeup
    30 mins of dressing/accessorizing
    At least 3 hours I'd say...So much work!

Platinum Member
    I'm retired with a still working wife. I usually get seen hours. I plan my attired before the event. It takes me about ten minutes to get dressed. I usually shave my face before the event when showering. I do not apply makeup as not every woman every day wears makeup. It's too much effort. Plus unless your wife has a dead nose, you think she cannot detect the odor of those chemicals and fragrances? When I am en femme I still have the chores assigned to any domestic goddess. There's vacuuming, washing dishes, laundry, ironing, baking, meal preparation, seasonal gardening to do. I think it is better to be en femme and get things accomplished around the home rather than sit around and waste time trying to be a diva.

Two or three hours a couple days, or sometimes more, a week is good for me.

Yes, at least two hours to get fully dolled up. My nails take the longest.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

I am 24/7 and living the life I was supposed to be and loving it

As much time as possible, but, at least 2 hours otherwise it isn't worth it...

Picking out the right outfit is taking longer then make up lately

Choosing what to wear is sometimes the greatest time consumer. Initially I have the urge to dress up in a particular way, but often change when I get around to going through my wardrobe. I do keep myself 'girl ready' (shaved, trimmed, clean) almost all of the time, and I don't use much make up, so it's all clothes and accessories. So maybe half an hour tops?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.