Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you practice Fire Drills

Do you practice Fire Drills

Do you practice Fire Drills so see how long it takes to get to to the safe zone?

If wife, son, of daughter come home unexpectedly I have less than a minuet to ditch the STUFF and jump in the shower.

I have three outdoor surveillance cameras so I can see if someone's coming.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I keep a sweat suit nearby should I decide a fast cover use is needed (wife and kids know and accept me)

My wife knows and is supportive, however if needed I can be in the bedroom and safe in under 30 seconds.

Aspiring Member
    I don't have an SO, so my fire drills consist only of mad dashes from my front door to my car to keep nosy neighbors in my apartments from seeing me and gossiping. Then, I make the same mad dash from car to door when returning.

Nope and I have had a few very close calls, Now, I don't really care and it would probably help me come out to family sooner than I ever planned to do. Almost caught be the neighbors too.

Yes, I keep a pair of jeans and a sweater close by and have practised the change over. Depending what I'm wearing, a thin dress for example, I can simply put the male clothes on over the top of them. If I'm about downstairs, I also keep a change of clothes in the garage so I can dive in there if need be.

No, I do not practice any fire drills. In the apartments where I live, the residents have seen me in both female and male mode. With each day that passes I care less and less about what other people think. To be able to live as yourself is very freeing. I cannot say that I do it 100% of the time now, but I hope to get there someday.

Aspiring Member
    Nope. I'm by myself and nobody bothers me. Those that do happen by already know I live 24/7 as female.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Luckily, my wife knows, so I don't have to worry about being caught by her now, but I've had those close calls in the early years. It is amazing how quickly the stuff that took an hour to go on, comes off in 20 seconds.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I had my share of fire drills in the past, and had some very close calls.

Now everyone here knows about Raychel, and the drills are all done.
    Now the only time the pulse rises at all is when someone comes to the door.
    and honestly I am caring less and less about that.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Did so way in the past...

Eventually got tired of the adrenaline highs - always found that the scare would lead to a longer disrobe and recovery period than planned so I only ever make time now when I know I am secure at home or away from home at a hotel - and I have to say that the latter is by far the more relaxing method for us closeted and secret girls. It's a small investment but the security and freedom from time pressures is a joy...

You must have a CCTV system that rivals a Bond villain... CCTV, motion detectors... perhaps you need a 'Batpole' with reverse polarity 'Instant Costume Change Lever' that allows you to plunge dressed into the basement and come out looking like a normal Bruce Wayne... (You need to be an old git to get that one...)

Thinking of a stress free 2016...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Reality Check
    I don't practice undressing quickly but I have had to on occasion. Not because of my wife and no family lives close by or has a key, but one of my neighbors comes to the door more often than I would like and he knows if I'm home or not. Once my wife's sister from out of town rang the doorbell without advance notice but my wife was home to answer the door while I changed.

I should say that I seldom have more than a bit of lipstick and beard cover as makeup if I'm home so a quick wipe and that's taken care of.

I'm considering getting one of the remote door answering systems so I can see who is at the door and so I can make an excuse while I'm changing.

I don't get dressed without doing makeup first and I use a lot of eyeliner. Tough to get off in a hurry. Tough to get off period. I need at least 1/2 hour pack, hide and shower.
    Kate

Aspiring Member
    Before I told my wife, it would take me 10 - 15 min, so if my wife came home unexpectedly I would have been caught.

No fire drills for Lauri, fortunately the best thing I ever done in life was to just be myself.

Just wish I had not waited so long to do it.

Just worthless advise from me to those of you that are doing fire drills. This is exactly why people need to come out of the closet so they do not have to install cameras, radars systems, run through the house ripping of expensive pretty clothes and even possibly tripping / falling and injuring themselves, jumping into to cold shower to fool others.

Best wishes to everyone in 2016, and keep those " fire drills going for real emergencies where something really is on fire "

Nah to heck with it. I have developed the habit of passing a mirror on the way out, I would rather not be sporting big hoop earrings when I mean to be a guy, nor any untrimmed whiskers when I want to present as girl. But Skype me or come to my door without advance notice, and you get whoever answers, best get used to it.

Aspiring Member
    Upon hearing the lift bell on my floor I immediately strip to lingerie. If footsteps are audible I have 45 seconds to react. Foundation is inevitably left on, lipstick is wiped onto tissue paper. So far no incidents till date that required this drill, thankfully. I spend the tail end of my photoshoots in lingerie and makeup as a pre-emptive.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 01-02-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Nope, I live by myself so I do not have to worry about it.
    Amanda

Platinum Member
    Fortunately, I my never comes home from work unexpectedly. She does not drive, so I drop her off and pick her up. I do make sure I do not spread all my clothes all over the house. After I am dressed for the day I pack away everything else just in case there may be an unexpected visit by my son or daughter, who will call before dropping over during working hours. If it's UPS, Fedex (like today) or USPS, the parcel is just left on the doorstep. If a neighbor rings I can always say I was in the shower. It's really not complicate for me.

I hope you do not spend your fem time watching the video feeds. Get a photo electric eye. My neighbor had one on his driveway which alerted him when there was a visitor.

Banned Read only
    No, I never practice this. If this is your concern, you're not enjoying yourself Judy. Why not wait for a time when you know all is clear?

Silver Member
    Judy - No. My wife knows and accepts. I do keep an emergency change bag in the car, however, if traveling.

It must be really hard to have a minute to escape. Even if you depend on cameras and use fire drills, you most likely will eventually have a real fire (situation) and be discovered. Maybe you could confide in your wife. It would definitely reduce the stress and increase the enjoyment if she is OK. It would also be much better than getting caught by her.

Not for me, but your post did remind me of a remark by a fellow cross dresser. She said she could clear a room in three minutes flat.
    When I first started cross dressing as a child I developed the "skill" to revert quickly and put things away exactly as I found them. I'm glad that I don't have to do that any more. Being in the closet and hiding the "big secret" is just too much emotional strain.

Not knowing if the coast is clear definitely take some of the fun out of it but, maybe that's part of the thrill.

One time I left a full slip spread out on the bed and for got about it.

My wife came home and changed her clothes standing about four ft from it and didn'n't see it.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Never thought about that before.

When i lived with my parents I had that problem. I would run to the bathroom as fast as possible and lock the door. I have left stuff out before on accident before, but no one ever mentioned anything.

I live by myself now and haven't had the doorbell ring with a nosy neighbor yet. Not sure what i would do.

Gold Member
    The last fire drill was when I was in the service; But years ago, when I was living alone;
    My dad would pop by on the weekends, My only time to dress, and when he came, he had
    a button to open the Garage door. I would here the door opening, and I would run upstairs
    and do a quick change from skirt to pants, and a sweat shirt.
    All done in about 2 minuets flat.
    Rader