Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those of us 'out' to our SO's....

We met five years ago. As soon as I understood that this could be the girl, I decided to tell her about my interest in women clothing. I told her only 7 weeks after we met. I didn’t dress for her, but I showed her pictures. I was very nervous, but was positive it could end well. I was wrong. She was shocked and very sad. I know she is very understanding when it comes too gay and trans issues, but when it hit her so close she really struggled. We were very much in love with each other, but this wasn’t what she expected to deal with.

We kept on together, and the next months I know she struggled a lot what this meant for us. We went straight into a DADT for several years. Whenever I was out it was in secret, but I know that she understood what I was doing several times. After 2,5 years together we bought a house together. All my clothes was hidden away in the basement, but it was not difficult to find it if she wanted too.

Eventually it became clear for me that I couldn’t keep on together if I had to hide everything and lie about what I was doing. For several months I wrote a letter where I opened up to her and was 100% honest, and answered all the questions I suspected she had. I even answered the ones I know would be difficult to accept. After she read the letter she cried, but then told me it wasn’t sad tears. She was also ready to change the DADT.

It wasn’t the dressing that bothered her anymore, but the lying. We agreed that I would tell her when I went out, and that I would move my clothes to my closet and wash them together with our ordinary clothes. We have come so much closer after this, and we have found a way for us to deal with this. Now I can tell her I have been out or bought anything. She still hasn’t seen me yet in a skirt or dress, but I hope it will happen soon. I love her so much, and I know she accepts this because she knows this is so important for me. I know she needs time, but I already see that this isn’t so scary for her anymore. It took me 30 years to accept this side of me, so of course this will take time. I know we are getting there.

Five years ago. I didn't really understand what it meant to be TG and shame had kept me ignorant so Mimi and I kind of learned about it together.

She first saw me fully dressed as I was contemplating my first outing. I practiced my makeup over and over. I didn't look all that good, but she was encouraging. She isn't a makeup person so I had to learn by trial and error.

The first few times I was dressed in front of her I was very self-conscious. With time, it became much easier.

Mimi has always had a good sense of of where I was headed, often before I knew myself. She has always encouraged me and advised me well. I am very lucky.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Reality Check
    I suppose I did it differently from most. I introduced my wife to my dressing piece by piece. She asked me to order her some bras from ebay. When they came she was standing there and said "Are those my bras?" For some reason, I said "No, they are my bras. My name is on the package." I opened the package and put one on almost as a joke. When she didn't react negatively, I just left it on, put my shirt back on and gave her the others. I said "I guess I need some panties to go with my bra." She went out to run an errand and I put on a pair of her panties. She came home and saw them and complained that they were her "good" panties and gave me a few pairs of her old panties.

To make a long story short, she gave me a couple blouses she didn't want any more, then we were shopping one day and I picked out a skirt for myself.

I bought forms, a wig and padded panties. And jewelry.

Anyhow, today I wear whatever I want around her and around the house. The whole process took two or three years.

As I wrote in my Introduction, I arrived late to the cross-dressing party I began last year at the age of 56. The urge came suddenly and I indulged with a few camisoles, panties, mascara, lipstick and eye shadow. My wife of 33 years, "Kathy" was unflappable, giving me make up tips and pointing out items she thought I might like. She did have problems, it seemed when my breast forms arrived and I put these desires on the back shelf. They came roaring back and once again Kathy is great. I even wear my breast forms out sometime and as long as the sweater I wear remains zipped there is no nipslip. we've gone to Lane Bryant together and used different dressing rooms. The salesperson was great and the three of us had a chat about cross dressing.
    I never held back from telling her, because we have been married three decades and are secure in our love and each other.
    Blessings,
    Riley

I probably had one of the easier "outings" we had been dating for a few months and she had me put on her bikini and then she pained my toe nails. Then I told her I had a pair of leather pants I wore them that halloween with a fishnet shirt and black painted nails and eyeliner I would keep up that gothic sort of look for a couple months. When we finally moved in together I showed her my heels and skirts & pantyhose and she was very calm about it not super excited about it but not angry or disgusted like is all too common