Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So you want to shave your legs...

Really? Who cares about shaven guys? For a while now, fully shaved has been a metrosexual staple. So maybe we should add an "M" as in LGBTM?

I shave and wax everything except that little landing strip. Luckily I was never very hairy but I have been smooth for many years now and love it. Sometimes it is better to do it a little at a time and then it seems to go unnoticed

IME, people DO notice, and quite often, actually. But obviously people don't really "care", they have their own lives to tend to. This is especially true in the relative anonymity of the city, whereas in a small town where everybody knows everybody you're more likely to get a second look occasionally. This doesn't mean you're outing yourself, just that you have to accept the possibility of a little whispering by those so inclined that maybe you're a little "different". Who cares? I don't.

My own family and a couple of friends have asked me if I shave my legs, but it was no big deal. Since you have to be a pretty hardcore athlete (swimming or biking, usually) to warrant shaving legs, and I am so not, I simply use the patchy leg hair explanation, which in my case is actually the truth -- well, a partial truth, anyway. On the rare occasions it has come up, I explain very succinctly and give signals I'm not real interested in elaborating or dwelling on the subject. In other words, my legs, my business, let's move on, shall we?

Banned Read only
    I had never been very hairy. I'm a senior now and by some of the comments it appears there are some other comments from seniors that seem to indicate as we age the hair thins out on the legs. Several years ago my adult daughter was sitting across from me and asked if I shaved my legs. I have never shaved my legs. I asked her if this was the fist time she noticed that I do not even have hair follicles on the back of my legs. My legs are now totally hairless and baby face smooth. I also do not have underarm hair. For some reason over the years until about age sixty I never had chest hair. I looked like one of the young men who use to be models at my local Abercrombie and Fitch store at the mall. That's easy to shave off. For some reason the small around of chest hair is coarse and I hate it when it does grow in. The only hair that is a visual pain is arm hair. I choose to wear a long sleeve dress or a sweater when I'm outside en femme. If I were to shave or at least thin out the arm hair it would make the scars from shrapnel and burns more noticeable. Thank you, Charlie!

Before I started dressing en femme, I had already started shaving my arms and legs, and if someone would ask why, I would just say it looks better that way. I felt no need to give any further explanation. I could care less what other people think of me shaving.

I have been blessed with very light colored hair and not a lot of it. I do shave my legs regularly and occasionally have the opportunity to do my chest, stomach and under arms. I prefer to keep them neat so when I can fully shave it's not as noticeable. The only problem is when the hair grows back. I sometimes get ingrown hairs and they are ugly to deal with. I know I should be more careful and treat my skin better...if only I had the time!

Silver Member
    I have had some medical procedures and had parts of my body shaved. I usually completed the shaving effort and enjoyed a full shave. No one has ever noticed or commented. Jennifer is so right - no one else cares.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Used to belong to a bike club and used Nair to keep my legs smooth. After one season the hair never grew back and I have been hair free for 30 years. This did not work on any other part of my body. To bad.

Jenniferathome,

I used to shave my legs when I was much younger and doing triathlons... Since I have started removing chest and underarm hair, I didn't wish to look too obvious at the gym. There are a lot of older people in the locker room that gossip more than the ladies do. Otherwise I would.

@--}----
    Michelle

I've always been pretty hairy so it was a major change when I decided to shave my legs. My wife (who does know about Jenn) never mentioned it and its become my new normal. Never had anybody else notice/comment about it. Even the tech at my nail salon who gives me pedicures. Pretty much a non-event.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I came out to my wife and started shaving a month later and never looked back. When the kids finally noticed they were astonished. I merely stated I was tired of being so hairy and decided to be a modern man. Lots of people have noticed I'm sure and said nothing. 2 a**holes at a water park made a few comments , but I let it roll off like water on a duck's back. Unfortunately , I HAVE TO SHAVE every day. As another on the forum stated, I just about get a 5 minute shadow. I have been thinking of the doula for route for the legs. Anybody with Eli experience feel free to drop me a message on my page!
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I have always shaved my pubes never knew what it looked like to be full grown, as of a cpl years ago i started shaving legs and when anyone asks i just tell them it looks better than having half bald legs because we all know it stops growing in elder men....as far as pits i just hate hair and it doesnt seem to smell if your pits are shaved ...as quick as if they had hair. Basically i just prefer a smooth body who cares what anyone thinks its my body.

Although my wife has a lot of difficulty with the sight or the concept of my cding, I am rather fortunate she is not a big fan of body hair. Some women do really like it.

This to me I always find odd, that shaving, which for me also includes everything but arm hair which isn't real thick anyway. I find it odd because I have no other reason for shaving other than I prefer my body smooth, like a woman's.

I would think that that is a constant reminder of IT. Granted, she is not a fan of hair, but has also said to me the why I shave is difficult. If I wasn't a cder, she would likely be ok with it, so it isn't a masculine thing she likes or misses. On a few occasions, my bare legs have been seen in public. I only remember one negative look at them, from a 20 something woman. Most either truly do not notice. Or care.

Banned Read only
    I'm just going to buy one of those permanent hair remover light guns next week for the wife and I to use. I'll post a review of how it works and take photos.

For me I have really really hairy legs, so if I did shave I would be very noticeable. Though I always wear jean nobody would notice if I did shave, other than my girlfriend. But in the summer time I got swimming quite a lot so people would notice. Like you said nobody would care, but if I went swimming with my parents I would be bombarded with questions, something I personally dont want to deal with.

I shaved a few weeks ago to get some pix... It's a pain to hide (even though I don't sleep with my wife anymore.)

Related note on epilating the face: It hurts. (But I'd totally keep doing it if I wasn't worried about my wife catching me.)

I just shave my legs last week before my first outing. I went from the knees down since years ago I remember my wife asking me to do that. She likes my legs hairy and masculine. Needless to say I have been wearing sweats around the house and not changing in front of her. Don't like being sneaky , will probably let her find out this weekend.
    With any luck the hair wont grow back as thick or dark (please-please-please
    One thing to back up a few other posts is that as I age the hair on my lower legs, shins on down is pretty much non-existent. I'm thinking wear from the socks + age?

I dont mean to branch off but I've been told waxing is way more efficient and better for your skin than shaving. (So far Ive mostly used razor because I dont have that much hair) plus the hair grows thinner and weaker everytime making it easier. Also I had a gg friend who used laser but later the hair partiallly re-grew (even thought of suing them!) ever heard something like that???

Anyway, back to the Topic, in my experience people DO indeed notice, and no, the don't care at all, but notice enough to put me through some awkward moment.

I have to disagree with you, sorry. Most people see that you have shaved your legs, or all over your body, they wonder what is going on. That is not a normal thing for a man.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Quote Originally Posted by Belladdresser View Post
    I'm just going to buy one of those permanent hair remover light guns next week for the wife and I to use. I'll post a review of how it works and take photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Robles View Post
    Also I had a gg friend who used laser but later the hair partiallly re-grew (even thought of suing them!) ever heard something like that???
    I would suggest both of you look at Clothing, Shopping and Beauty (do a search). IPL only works on specific skin tones and hair color. And the only PERMANENT hair removal is electrolysis.

In regard to this thread shaving and waxing would mean the same, let's just call it hair removal for thread purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Jackson View Post
    Most people see that you have shaved your legs, or all over your body, t
    Just a quick question, have you noticed how many men don't have hair (or vry little) on their legs?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

DEAR GOD!!!!

I've just used (with her permission) my wifes epilator to do my legs for the first time.....I hope it gets easier with each subsequent time!?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ...Just a quick question, have you noticed how many men don't have hair (or vry little) on their legs?
    Exactly! In fact, it is most likely that men's legs simply go unnoticed in general. Of course, the population at large is not blind and when proximity and familiarity are in their favor, they will see a hairless leg. The thought is NOT, "Hey that guy must be a cross dresser." That leap is just too far. Instead, the thought is likely, "Hey that guy's legs are hairless. Hey, that woman over there is hot." It's a non event. Period. I'm 5 years now of 365 shaving. One person, ONE, my brother, asked me IF I shaved. His comment, "Oh." Nothing more.

I tried shaving my legs and the effect was not that great. Due to my climbing and mountaineering I have all kinds of scars and scratches. Plus I have a certain grainy muscle build that is not feminine. I have to wear hosiery, I found it better to use an electric razor to take everything down as much as possible. This lets me get away with just one pair of pantyhose. And there is enough stubble on my legs that no one seems to notice.

A perennial issue. i had my body waxed completely. I use an epilator to keep it from regrowing. About once or twice a year I go to get a waxing just to keep it looking good. I do a lot of long distance cycling and hair-free legs is almost de rigeur in that community.

A lady friend of mine was sitting opposite me one summer evening as we relaxed with a glass of wine and she commented that I have good looking legs but not a mention of them being hairless.

I don't know what anyone else might make of it if I went hairless. It's kinda moot, cos my wife would hate it. She's rather partial to the 'fur', so much so that when I needed to have a couple of patches on my chest shaved for an EGC she almost went into mourning!
    There really is no accounting for taste!