Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breast forms and coming out to the delivery guy

I buy the great deals on breast forms and donate them to the local medical center..i dont think you have much to worry about and i could care less what the package says..the hospital appreciates very much the donation for those ladies who have had breast cancer and cannot afford the cost of breast forms..

That is a great idea Michelle. Probably not something they get donates a lot.

Silver Member
    I can answer this one... maybe. Breast forms (prosthetics) are considered "medical devices" in some jurisdictions and are tax exempt. I know this from talking to the folks at Glamour Boutique; when shipping overseas, folks in some parts of the world will not have to pay a duty or VAT or whatever on breast forms. Probably why they mention it on the customs declaration.

As far as Chinese eBay sellers are concerned, they pay almost nothing to ship small packages to the USA, whereas USA sellers were hit with ANOTHER postage increase Sunday (the 4th postal increase in 3 years, along with a literal 200-300% increase in international rates a few years ago.) Not only are the goods made there, but it is almost impossible for USA sellers to import them and compete on those "small packets" items sold directly from China (as an angry, bitter eBay seller from the past I know this stuff too well.)