Thread: Hiking

brenda_s

Hiking

Was wondering if anyone has tried hiking en femme or at least partially enfemm? I enjoy underdressing and thought a neat, next "baby step" would be to perhaps go hiking on a lightly used trail in girl-shorts and pantyhose. I read once that hikers use pantyhose for warmth and leg support, but I am sure always under drab-wear.

Hey Brenda, I've been a hike leader for the Sierra Club and the Ozark Society for over 30 years. When I lead folks into the Ozarks or Ouachita hills, most times I am underdressed. I'm not out to either group, so I limit my enfemme hikes to when I do some solo exploring. The times I've gone into the woods this way, it's been no problems. If you go shopping enfemme, you can go for a hike. Just dress the part, there are no high heels or cocktail dresses on the trail!
    Last edited by Heidi Stevens; 01-05-2016 at 08:31 AM.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

dog-walking, hiking, camping, yes and really in the outdoors community here no-one seems to care. there's a british mountaineering tradition of climbing naked, so comparatively i think CD is quite tame for these folks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Several times I have cross dressed while camping along with short hikes. It is great to be able to be so free outdoors.

I used to hike while dressed on the state trust land adjacent to my property. If I heard an ATV coming or spotted another hiker across the vary large meadow, I could slip away into the trees. But then they thinned the forest and now there are few places to hide. So now I do not venture quite so far while hiking there.

I haven't myself but I have a friend who has been hiking and cycling all dressed up. The cycling part astounds me as she did it in some forsaken hot area of the States with helmet over her wig. Each to their own!

Aspiring Member
    No never been hiking, but camping and short walks in the woods and fishing I've done.

Silver Member
    Pantyhose will also help protect you from ticks, which is a serious problem where I live with Lyme disease etc. I doubt it would keep some other male hikers from laughing a bit if you wore them openly... but it is a good reason to wear them.

I would not hike dressed. I usually go to challenging places like the summits of the high peaks in Colorado and California. Wig + makeup= hot. Extra not needed things = extra pounds and ounces that need to be hauled up steep mountain sides and vertical walls. Too much work. However, I do use pantyhose as my lower base layer, instead of long underwear. They are light, warm, and do not hold sweat. Excellent. I have even changed in and out of them in front of my fellow climbers. I do triathlons and marathons. When it is cold, my throw away pants are fleece leggings from the drug store.

I haven't often done the whole wig and makeup thing but have spent some time hiking, even some challenging terrain, in a skirt and racer back top. I believe Mountain hardwear still has a hiking kilt that is marketed towards guys.

Not sure if it is considered hiking, but I go for long walks in the woods, on little used two tracks, wearing only a thong, short sundress and sandals. No need for a wig or makeup, since no one goes where I walk all summer, until hunting season. Needless to say, I stay out of the woods during hunting season. It feels so good to be completely shaved, and wearing only a short dress and sandals, enjoying the woods and feeling the breeze all over. Good way to get your vitamin D.