Thread: Underdressing in public

Underdressing in public

On Saturday i am going out shopping in the next town. I am excited but nervous because it will be the first time in about 3 years since I have underdressed in public, i will be going to a few shops and a super market, so there will be a lot of people around. It will also be my 10th day underdressing constantly, keep chalking off them milestones!

The last time I tried this i was only outside for about 15 minutes walking the dog and I only saw about 5 people in the village, nobody noticed. Saturday will definitely be the longest time i will spend out while wearing something fem.

My goal for the future is to go out dressed fully as Charlotte, and I want to keep making little steps like this to achieve that goal. I hope to look back on this thread and see how far I have come.

Much love
    Charlotte
    Ellie May 😘

Reality Check
    "Underdressing" means wearing female underwear or clothing under your male clothes. Done correctly, nobody but you will know that you're wearing panties, hose, etc. There's no need to make special plans for going out underdressed unless your plans involve dropping your pants or lifting your shirt.

Gold Member
    To me, Under dressing is more than fem under wear, I wear fem Jeans also.
    Just a little bit extra toward the full dress thing.
    After all, a great percent of GG's wear jeans all the time.
    Rader

I sometimes go out under dressed while running errands. Even been to Home Depot. Lol but the most fun is going to the thrift store and trying on dresses and shoes while underdressed.;-p

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    To me, Under dressing is more than fem under wear, I wear fem Jeans also.
    Just a little bit extra toward the full dress thing.
    After all, a great percent of GG's wear jeans all the time.
    Rader
    Well, I would agree that wearing fem jeans to a "formal attire requested" event is under dressing. But for most other occasions if people can see what you are wearing then you are not, by definition, "under" dressed.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 01-05-2016 at 08:56 PM.

I'm underdressed at work quite frequently.
    Just have to watch out for the hand placed on the shoulder or the pat on the middle of the back from the guys at the shop. Tends to raise questions when they feel the bra straps, oops....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I used to get an erotic thrill knowing what I was wearing under my drabs back in the day. But, that got old, fast!

Nowadays, underdressing seems to me like a 3 year old riding a tricyle. Most of us CD kids will outgrow them in no time!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Charlotte - Good luck with your progress. Continue to learn and experiment and enjoy.

By the way, do you really think that underdressing can in any way be public? No one can see your underwear, so you should be confident and enjoy yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by donnaS View Post
    I'm underdressed at work quite frequently.
    Just have to watch out for the hand placed on the shoulder or the pat on the middle of the back from the guys at the shop. Tends to raise questions when they feel the bra straps, oops....
    same for Stephj I have been underdressing for years even at work only been outed 3 times by a bra strap or a pat on the back no big deal

Thanks for all the replies. At the moment underdressing is all i can really do and I just wanted to share my first step towards expressing who i am.

As for being patted on the back im safe to say that I won't have this happen on Saturday lol.
    Ellie May 😘

Hi, I wear panties and knee highs every day, with my toenails polished in color and finger nails polished in a shear pink with matte finished. Touched up with a light genderless perfome. Never had issues so far. Of course all my outerwear is clearly masculine. The industry for which I work is not very tolerant.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    If doing this gives you confidence then do it for you own sake and enjoy it ! Please ignore the downers we all started somewhere !

As Tanya says if you feel brave enough to slip your shoes and socks off to try on some heels then give it a go ! The Brantano store I use has the larger sizes at the far end of the store where very few customers go , the first time is fantastic especially if a SA is giving you assistance . If you don't bottle out you can have a lot of fun once you've broken the ice !

Thanks Teresa, I will have to give that a go one day.
    Ellie May 😘

Charlotte, try these. The consensus here seems to be that wearing clothes usually associated with the opposite sex rapidly becomes normal attire. I found these items acceptable (all of them are now “normal”):

!) Slacks: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with women’s pull-on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: Although wearing a bra in public in “boy” mode can make one nervous and it is a challenge to “hide” it, wearing a bra can make one feel feminine and can be practical in “boy’ mode to keep narrow and non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders.

5) Nylons: Although wearing them in public can also make one nervous, an MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks often make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with women’s pull-on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and sheer nylons are OK and are more available. I actually prefer thigh highs as they are easier to put on than pantyhose, they do not need to be lowered to go to the bathroom, and only one leg needs to be thrown out when a run becomes apparent.

Items that are usually considered to be women’s clothes, such as a bra and sheer nylons, are more of a challenge to hide in “boy” mode. However, I have worn sheer nylons shopping and to several restaurants; but I usually went “braless” at work in deference to back “patters and feelers,” but I have worn a bra in drab when getting the mail and walking the dog.

The next step for me would be wearing a “dress” in public. The best shot at that seems to be at a Star Trek con with the Skants worn by both males and females in the first episode of TNG.

Underdressing also provides a “head-start” for presenting as a woman since you will already be wearing a bra, panties, slip, and nylons!

Thanks Sfwarbonnet, today's the day and im going out in bra and panties! It's going to be exciting because nobody will know what im wearing

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Just got back and I feel so excited and happy that i was able to feel myself while out shopping, I know it won't be the same as going out fully fem but its a stepping stone. It felt great to wear a bra and panties outside for a long period of time, I felt really confident and happy with myself. I know this won't be a big deal to some of you but its a personal achievement for me.
    Ellie May 😘

Under dressing is great fun, I wear panties most of the time

I still get a thrill wearing a girl vest and panties and knee-highs or stockings when out although I don't wear a bra very often as has already been mentioned the straps can become quite visible if care is not taken.

It is good that you can enjoy this and the rush that it can provide is positively thrilling and be careful not to draw attention from looking too happy in a generally miserable world

I can agree with Teresa in regards to Brantano as my first pair of heels came from Shoe City which is what Brantano was originally round my way - no-one really cares what you buy in general and I always went within an hour of closing when there were few people about and those that were often had plenty of their own business to be getting on with without worrying about you.

I hope that it goes well for you.

Lilly x

Thanks Lilly, I can't wait to go shopping for myself I know what size i am for clothes but shoes I have no idea! Im a size 12 for my normal shoes but how do I convert it over for women's?
    Ellie May 😘

Quote Originally Posted by Charlottexx View Post
    Thanks Lilly, I can't wait to go shopping for myself I know what size i am for clothes but shoes I have no idea! Im a size 12 for my normal shoes but how do I convert it over for women's?
    I find sizing with shoes can be a little or miss as there are variations between different makes and styles but have a good look online and see if you can find any sizing charts and measure your feet - Evans used to be good for larger sizes but I haven't bough any from there for many years now. I take note of the Euro sizing now more than the UK size so if it is a UK size 9/Euro 43 then I'm ok.

I generally take a 10 in male shoes but find with a wider fit a 9 is ample for ladies and I'm a big fan of Clarks.

My wife has bought me some as surprise presents from her 'club book' (Littlewoods) and they have been size 8/42 eee and fit perfectly well.

Brantano are usually quite good and I have taken shoes back to change size before without any issues, always gone drab though.

Again google can be your friend and type in 'size 12 ladies shoes' and you'll get a decent list to peruse.

HTH

Lilly x

Hi Charlotte,

If my experience is any guide, you'll have no worries. Aside from undershirts, I haven't worn male underwear for a long time. Never had a problem wearing panties to the doctor's office or anywhere else. I usually wear a bra in male mode, and if the lines are obvious, I've never had a comment. Only a couple of incidents. Twice my bra was picked up by the TSA body scanner in airports, and when patted down I just said "I'm wearing a bra". Once I went for a chest X-ray and the tech said I had to take my bra off. Now I know to take it off.

It just feels natural to wear my underwear -- so do enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I usually underdress when going to bed.

I underdress full time, rarely wear men's undies, and always have a bra on.
    I've always been really careful not to have my bra noticed, but now I'm getting bolder, wearing smaller shirts, bras with back closures and strap adjustments, as opposed to the pullovers I'd been wearing
    Stay inspired
    Amy