Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Correlation bwtween vasectomies and crossdressing/transgender

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Had one 12 years ago and long after I was crossdressing. Pain...yep sure was for a few weeks. That was mainly due to a minor complication during the procedure.
    Drumming, My other hobby

I had a vasectomy about 5 years ago. It was done purely out of birth control. My wife and I have 6 children between the two of us and we just decided we didn't need any more. I don't think it has affected in any way in my CD-ing.

Pamela,

Probably no polls, no effect and it is purely a plumbing operation with little or no effect on sexual activity apart from more activity. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    vasectomy might be linked, for some people, with unconscious desire to transition -
    Now that's an interesting thought Pammie. Any other procedures or apparently unconnected indications that occur to you? I'm a bit too braindead to think of any at the moment.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    ...Eryn: you say over a decade, it was 9 years for me.

It's the late-onset TS demographic I'm most curious about in regard of this.
    Well, truth be told, and calculating from the age of my daughters, it's closer to 20 years.

I didn't experience any difference in mental state after the procedure, and 20 years later my T was still in the 600s, so obviously there was no effect there!

I do remember at the time that the Dr. mentioned that statistically, men who have vasectomies do live longer than men who don't.

Like a few others have mentioned, I had mine on a Thursday and I, too, had a small complication and developed a bit of an infection which did cause me some discomfort for a few days. But I was probably back to 100% after the weekend.

Lacy PJs

I'll concur. It has nothing to do with my crossdressing; I had it 35 years ago and it simply broadened my horizons.
    Have fun,
    Shae

logically, no. You don't lose any testosterone, you only lose the ability to pass sperm. And again I have to wonder why you link hormone levels to crossdressing. If that were a reason, all it would take to remove it was shot once in awhile. If psychologically you are emasculated because you cannot make babies...maybe but then again, it could be reversed
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

well count me as one that got one....once I had a boy and a girl I was done!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

My vasectomy was done in the early '70s. Truthfully, I did not want any children at all, but my wife did. After the first (and only) I got the vasectomy. I was stationed overseas and actually had to go to a military clinic in a different country to have it done. It was several years later when my interest in crossdressing began, and then I think it was a matter of curiosity about how clothing of the other gender would feel. I doubt the vasectomy had anything to do with it.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

I often wondered if one had a vasectomy done while wearing a dress, would it create such a violent tear in the space time continuum that the resulting temporal displacement would puke you out prematurely and leave you forever stranded as a bearded lady in some Victorian gypsy traveling circus?

Thus, I never had a vasectomy and simply kept the dress on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    logically, no. You don't lose any testosterone, you only lose the ability to pass sperm. And again I have to wonder why you link hormone levels to crossdressing. If that were a reason, all it would take to remove it was shot once in awhile. If psychologically you are emasculated because you cannot make babies...maybe but then again, it could be reversed
    I don't link it, and in a reply i said as much. I suspected that for some, perhaps us late-developers, the vasectomy is an early sign of an unconscious dysphoria. The stats here say no, so I think i'm in my own little demographic of 1 now. :-)

Thank you everyone for your replies. xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

CD here, driving force for me was having enough kids and not prepared to let my wife have a more invasive tubal ligation. I wasn't actively cross dressing then, the nurse praised my hair removal, that was the beginning of my personal war against body hair.

I had my vasectomy over 20 years ago. At the time I was not actively crossdressing, but I still had the desire. We had 2 kids, one boy and one girl, so we were done having kids. It seemed like the most logical thing to do and the thought of no longer being able to produce sperm and father children was a definite plus. When I went in for my initial preop. check I asked I he could just remove my testicles altogether. He looked at my like I was crazy and explained why I needed them. He went on to ask why I would want them gone, and being to chicken to say why, all I could say was I didn't think they were necessary after a vasectomy and it would be alot more comfortable without them. Well everything went well, but I still wish I could have just had them removed.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    I had a vasectomy in 2014 but it had nothing to do with my dressing. I've been dressing since I was 13. I was 40 when I had the vasectomy done. I don't any kids, so that's why I had it.