Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name For Inbetweeners

Name For Inbetweeners

I recently asked for a new board to be created for "In-betweeners' folks who are more than just a CD, but not TS either, folks who don't fully identify as a man or a woman. I was told there would not be a new board, but I could label my posts as specifically for that group. The question is, what term do I use that would clearly identify that group. I like the term genderfluid, but I want to see if that fits for others.

Kimberly
    "We are born naked, everything else is drag" - RuPaul

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I always thought that "cross dresser" was for those who felt that they were not transvestites or TS. ....or is it they just think that "cross dresser" gives them more class. than "transvestite"?

Seriously......
    There are many shades of grey even for "in-betweeners" and I always thought that CD was indeed the term for "in-betweeners" for the most part .
    I do see your point however.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 01-05-2016 at 02:52 PM.

I think the technical term is gender fluid.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Gender fluid, gender neutral or androgynous. I prefer to be a part of that myself.
    Erica

Genderfluid works.

How about "convertible"? (Sorry -- missed out on the take-things-seriously gene.)

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    CD++

For all my CS nerd chix ... :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Gender non-conforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Fakley View Post
    CD++

For all my CS nerd chix ... :-)
    I like that! We must be in the same line of work.

CD++ ? No way! -- CD#

CD++! That's funny! Love it!

Personally I'm gender fluid or gender queer.

Can we at least be interwebs friendly and try CDML5 ???

Seriously - back to the OP (oooooh - an OP TOTALLY about labels... )

Kimberly - I think any difficulty will be defining the bounds of any group that is 'in-between', however - the first difficulty I see is you feeling excluded from the term CD, yet CD encompasses many aspects (if not most) of our community. You may have been influenced by the assertions of some here that they are 'just' crossdressers - they merely like 'dressing' in clothes of the opposite gender but in many cases they are also 'femulating': adopting the complete visual appearance of a female. But CDing encompasses transvestic-fetishism, sissies and those expressing aspects of what they feel is their TG nature, and more, so is already quite a broad church.

Genderfluid I think also encompasses some variation - as wiki defines it:
    A person who is genderfluid prefers to remain flexible about their gender identity rather than committing to a single gender.[15] They may fluctuate between genders or express multiple genders at the same time.
    If that fits what you're thinking of, I'd suggest staying with definitions that are generally accepted.

If it doesn't, we might have a bigger debate on our hands again...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

A rose by any other name........ On any given day, some of us will be at one point on the gender bell curve, then the next day, at another. That's why the TG umbrella sort of covers everything. If anyone asks, simply elaborate on how you're feeling that day.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

CDer still works most of the time, since that is still what we are doing... unless you feel neither cross dressed male or female. Really it is up to you as to how you wish to consider yourself, or how you identify yourself. You could call yourself a tweener. I feel a lot the way you describe as well. Although TBH, I would say that I am both male and female internally. I guess I am a bother.... uh er both-er heheheehhe
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I agree with you Katey, there is a wide variety of reasons on why one is not just a cross dresser but not a full blown transsexual. I'm in that group. I know I'm a female after therapy and self acceptance. But I still love my wife. To stay with her, she has demanded I present as a male. So I've had just enough HRT to give me internal peace and still pass as a male.
    So I would say I'm transitioning, but I'm on hold for now. Would that make me a tweener? Take her out of the picture and I'd commit to finishing the journey. So I am not gender fluid, one thing is keeping me on hold. I think I know why the Mods decided not to break out a new forum.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I agree genderfluid works. Many of us are C++ and genderfluid.
    Part Time Girl

Seems a bit of a non-starter as I'd say that 90% of the posts in the main forum encompass that outlook anyway. People can just skip any thread that doesn't interest them.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kim yes I agree that term fits at least for me it does, I'm one who recently figure that's where I fit is gender fluid and while it's confusing at times it works for me
    Leigh

Maybe "Midwayers" ?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Gender non-conforming.
    This is a bit PC but the most accurate term, I think. I use it myself.
    What's the difference between CD and TV anyway?

I am definately an inbetweener but I dont identify as genderfluid because my gender mixture is not fluid and does not fluctuate, it is fixed.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Funniest thread in ages. Hope the op is fine with that as clearly a heartfelt question. Any ways I was once very much a C++ kinda girl. But as I have aged and accepted who I am. I have mellowed into more pascal shades and become more BASIC. cd.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I have to agree with what Shakespeare said about that rose.

I actually like that controversial term "Tweeners". It fits perfectly and is not patented nor copyrighted for the youngsters. One of my best friends calls me a CD+++. See I can one up the rest you CD++'s! Use what you want, tell the responders to stay away from label wars and discuss what you want. I like serious conversations too and these would be good ones for us. Good luck and make sure to wear your bullet proof vest when you start a "Tweener" thread.

Banned Read only
    In India I've heard we're refered to as 'twin spirited' and actually held in high regard ☺

I love you...pizza...'n beer...'n waterproof mascara ��

images-23.jpg
    Last edited by Robin414; 01-05-2016 at 10:49 PM.