Thread: 2yrs since My reveal, things are better, think were over the hump....

2yrs since My reveal, things are better, think were over the hump....

hello,
    it may not be the progress of many here but after 2 years it seems more OK than i had ever imagined it could be,
    she still does not want to see it and as stated by myself i dont know how comfortable i would be if she asked,
    i have gone out to support meetings sometimes dressed most not, very stressful getting ready in the car.

for my birthday this year all i asked for was a venus razor, not what i got, i did however find some in my bathroom that weekend that she left out for me and i took the plunge.
    this christmas i received a wet dry rechargeable razor ????

just had a christmas party this past weekend with support group ive been attending and kept inviting her to go, she didnt want to see anyone dressed and i told her i cant promise that but it would not be me, turns out she would have, i must admit i thought she (member i never met) was a little over dressed but we talked all night.

i have a very good long distance relationship with a member here and talk quite often, my wife has not said anything negative.

the best part just yesterday i started a meet-up for our local folks and hope to get out in the wild and meet some of the local girls for some shopping and such...here is a link if thats ok, http://www.meetup.com/jersey-shore-transgender-S-U-R-F/
    im at the jersey shore. please feel free to check it out. any criticism would be appreciated.
    my wife and i had talked about it some but i dont do anything CD wise without discussing it with her and getting input, she obviously had some concerns and she was ok in the end. even when we were DADT i never took that as a free pass to do as i wished without her ok so we were obligated to have discussions ( thanks reine d ) you helped a bunch their !!!

so from the end of my world 2 years ago to a better acceptance, (she still claims to not understand), and who are we to argue with that since i really dont either, she tolerates with less and less prejudice as time passes.
    small conversations are had and im pleased with the direction we have traveled,

my post may be a bit premature since the reveal was the 13th two years ago january but i have done things i never thought i would be able to.

guess i can give a shout out here and thank all the people who showed support.....THANK YOU !!!!
    Last edited by mykell; 01-06-2016 at 05:41 AM. Reason: tweak
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Hey, acceptance is a fine outcome. Asking for people to understand is too much, I think. I don't understand it myself. But acceptance is all we need. Well, that and it would be nice if you didn't have to change in the car.

Congratulations and I hope 2 years from now will be even better.

It's always good to hear of positive progress, however small that upward trend may seem - it is, at least, upward!

I'm pleased for you Mikell - you've both had an awful lot to deal with over those two years but you've approached the development of your femme side sensitively and with a balanced and just objective. You deserve to have some tolerance and understanding..

Long may it continue and grow...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Well done. I knew it could happen

Cool beans! Good for you!

Great news girl!

Platinum Member
    Hi Mikell, Slow and steady, Just don't try to push too hard, Sounds like it's happening . ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If it works for you and your wife, that's all that matters. Always good to hear something positive.

Karen

In the nine years since I came out to my SO things have moved from don't ask don't tell to being able to wear whatever I want around the house. The next big step is for her to go out in public with me dressed enfemme. If it can happen for me it might be possible for you as well. Best of luck!

Mikell,
    From what you say you are being careful and considerate.

Keep going like this and as you seem to realise, "never push it" or assume that some relaxation is a cue to go all out.

If others were as patient as you seem to be, a whole lot more progress would be made.

Keep up the good work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Inspiration to us all thanks for the update
    Miranda

So very very proud of you!! It hasn't been easy & you have done well learning how to walk ( in heels ) on egg shells. My sincerest wishes that you & your wife continue to grow together.

Also neat to read about your TG support group start up. You need to be applauded for your passion to help others that need support. Also very great to read that your wife supports you in the effort. This effort will pay huge dividends in your marriage bank account. Much peace, mel

hi stacy, at the moment i could not even comprehend 9 years yet, thanks for the input.....at times i am jealous of those who go shopping together and have date nights and such, i feel blessed with were we have gone and will tell others that slow and steady is not terrible, the only push is me being able to bring up certain topics and not assume anything....

@mel i can only hope that i can help someone by starting my support group....
    @katey 8s i get by with a little help from my friends....and i soo miss DR. house...

thank you everyone for your support, i like to share even the little accomplishments but 2yrs seemed big....
    Last edited by mykell; 01-07-2016 at 10:03 AM. Reason: tweak
    ....Mykell

Aspiring Member
    That is really good news. For alot of us it takes time for our di's to come around. Your on the upswing now just be patient. Best of luck to you

Great news Mikell. Yes, for many of us, it is something very big. I too am making very slow progress. I think I am able to talk a little more freely about things perhaps. I think my wife is more comfortable with the idea of CDing than she used to be. You getting out now, which to me is monumental. Good luck and happy trails to 2016 and beyond.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

hi mutt,
    actually my wife is terrified about me getting out, all the attacks she reads about, i also shared Isha's unfortunate story with her last year, she sensed i was bothered that day i read the story and confided with her about it, another baby footstep back then.....so like i said slow an steady is not the worst thing that can happen, and her letting me start a support group is huge, not as easy as i thought it would be.....hoping some younger folks will help out, hope to find some good friendships with it....

kittie, hope i dont muck this up and stay on the up-tick as it feels good....
    ....Mykell

Good luck with the support group, Mikell - knowing how hard it is to get anyone to volunteer or participate in anything, you're going to need it...

I know you probably realise, and I'm sure you do share the successful outing stories too, maybe not the more extravagant ones, but the ones that are more social and in safe environments (like your support group would be). It might reinforce the idea that things can be safe, discreet and still out, but without too much risk and drama...?

You can always get dramatic later... (balls, gala evenings, red carpet events... you know the sort of thing I like... )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like your relationship is on a good trajectory, and I think it is wonderful that you are trying to help others.