Thread: First coming out

First coming out

I came out to one of my long term friends this week and she couldn't have been more supportive, if not more than a little surprised!

She told me that I had hid it well, but on reflecting said that a lot of things now made sense, particularly my bouts of being 'down' over the years.

One thing that she has counselled me with is to not take things too fast and offered a more female perspective on how my wife will feel. It made a lot of sense and has made me stop to think a little, in terms of how quickly I progress. My family is so important to me and I want to give myself every chance of keeping them, although know that this will be very difficult anyway. This hasn't altered my decision though.

I am aware that not every 'coming out' conversation will be as good, but am happy with the first one. It was easier than I thought it would be, once I got started.

Next stop, GP on Monday.
    I now prefer Rachel

It is nice to hear that your first coming out went well.