Thread: Cautionary tale

Cautionary tale

Good evening ladies and gents,
    A comment in another topic reminded me of something from back when I was in college. As I was rather new to all this back then, I made a rather easy mistake. I wore a bra to bed and slept with it. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I had a red cross swimming class in the morning.

I didn't discover until after the class that my improperly sized bra had left marks on my torso with an uncanny resemblance to a certain female undergarment.

The moral(s) of the story is, if a bra leaves marks on you, it's probably too tight, and give time for the bra marks to disappear before going swimming when it does happen.
    You may call me Adam, Adyson, or Ady, whichever you prefer.

I am unapologetically me. You can accept me or reject me, but you're never going to change me.

Adyson, yeah but wow it is always that way in the summer. But hoot who cares anyways. We are what we are.
    Part Time Girl

True, but I'm still very much in the closet except to close family and friends, and sometimes not even to them. But yeah, no one gave me a hard time so I suppose it worked out.

.....and then there's the low cut blouse on a hot sunny day with revealing tan lines later on in the hot tub......what we go through to demonstrate our femm side ..........................Debra

You know, I was so tempted to go outside during the summer and get a bikini tan on my porch...not sure why since I enjoy going swimming and using the complex hot tub and that would be a dead giveaway.

A red face after washing makeup can do that too as well as very flattened hair from wearing a wig.

I'm open to friends and family so I've nothing to fear, I have however been shaving my armpits and my arms, I usually wear t shirts in male mode and I roll my shirt sleeves up in work and nobody has said anything, people either notice less than we fear or don't bring things up..as much as we fear.

I've gotten to the stage of "so what? What's it to you" makes doing the things I like easier and enjoyable
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

A good philosophy to have. I too have found people notice less. I once wore a bra with forms under one of my normal shirts around some friends who were in the know. I remarked about how I felt a bit self conscious and none of them could figure out why until I pointed out my boobs. I'd been chatting with them for like 15 minutes and they hadn't even noticed.

Yes, and to Sarah's point - depending on how snugly your wig fits on your head, it may also leave a temporary mark on your forehead from the elastic band that forms the perimeter of the wig cap.

Then again, there are also the indentations left on the earlobes (including some bruising and even scabbing on occasion) that can occur if one wears tightly fitting clip-on earrings for any length of time...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A bra? I don't need no stinkin' bra!

IMG_1729 (559x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Last month I tried breast forms with adhesive so I could go braless, which worked pretty well.

When I removed them and noticed two half circules on my chest.

I t remembered I had a doctors appointment the next day.

The next day when I went in for a routine checkup there were still two faint red lines.

I had to remove my shirt for an EKG, I don't know it they noticed the lines but they probably did.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I never take my shirt off, (only for the obvious things lol), so im not worried about having marks on my body. I've been wearing a bra for a week every day and nobody has noticed so im really confident now and im not as paranoid about it as i was.
    Ellie May 😘

Ah, the key with wigs is to wear a skull cap bandana underneath. A doo rag. Keeps the head from itching too. Not that I have a ton of wigs. Never really liked them that much

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-RT View Post

I'm open to friends and family so I've nothing to fear, I have however been shaving my armpits and my arms, I usually wear t shirts in male mode and I roll my shirt sleeves up in work and nobody has said anything, people either notice less than we fear or don't bring things up..as much as we fear.
    I shaved my armpits a few years ago during the heat of summer here in Texas (many days over 100 degrees) because of a rash I was developing and no one seemed to notice. But, alas, the rash immediately cleared up and I let everything get back to normal... I think I feel a rash coming back on
    I have to see a dermatologist about a good flare up of Eczema/psoriasis, I'll have to ask if shaving my upper body will help clear up a patch right between my, er... "breasts", I have man boobs so I think that's the right term.
    Make it your goal to make someone smile every day!

Silver Member
    Playboy used to tell their models not to wear a bra or undergarments the day they were going to do the shoot.

Did that one time, the band was a bit too tight and left marks, the only thing that saved me was i had a heart rate monitor that wore which would cause similar marks. Funny thing was later in my pilates classes one of the instructors said, ladies move your bra band up or for the men here move the HR monitor up before you rollup. Later i took it off and sure enough those marks were there.

IMO most cds wear improperly fitting bras, too tight doesnt equal right fit. Anymore for me right fit doesnt dig in. Shirtless, i miss the days of that.

I wear a bra most days, usually give myself about 8-10 hours and a shower for the indentation marks to go away...plan ahead...or not

So true! I gauge the times I wear a bra to be sure that the marks do not last longer than the time in which I know my wife may see me.
    It is a challenge to wear a bra for the longest time possible and not get caught out!
    Di

Platinum Member

Been There & Done That Too !!

Hi Adyson, I dress early every morning and I had a 09:00 AM Doctors appointment and around 09:30 when it was
    time for the EKG the bra marks were still visible, No comments were made.

They say that Doctors have seen it all.

I guess that I've been there and done that too. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    A properly fitted bra will still leave marks on your chest. How long it takes for them to go away depends on a lot of things but it's usually a few hours.

As crossdressers, we need to be aware of this, as you point out. I see a dermatologist once a year. I have to remember not to wear a bra or boobs that day. Even routine appointments with my regular doctor keep me out of my bra and boobs. I don't normally have to remove my shirt but you never know.

Wigs mess up your hair also.

Aspiring Member
    I had a similar incident with my chiropractor. I nearly always start my day with some time on the Internet (news; what were you thinking?) and wear my usual at-home casual, which includes my bra. I had an afternoon chiropractor appointment, so I changed into boy mode, and realized that the marks were pretty obvious and weren't going away anytime soon. I thought about re-scheduling, which is no big deal, but I just said to hell with it and went anyway. He couldn't help but notice, but he didn't say anything or act weird at all. I suppose it's not the first time for him in that line of work. We jokingly refer to him as Dr. Crackenback, but he's worked wonders with my wife's chronic back issues and keeps both of us tuned up.

I've noticed that my crop tops also leave noticeable lines for a while, so now on chiropractor days I wear a stretchy camisole instead; doesn't leave a trace.

My opinion on whether visible marks mean your bra is too tight is that even a perfect-fitting bra will leave some temporary marks by its very nature. I'm slender and fit and have no side-band bulging, but even my most comfortable bras leave marks for a while.

Lol, great post. I though that's only happened to me. No one's seen the bra marks, though it was one of my clip-on earrings and a (too tight) bracelet that left marks on my earlobes and wrist one time. My younger son noticed, but was quite young and didn't know what to make of it. Lesson learned.

That reminds me of a topic I wanted to post, thanks

Doctors indeed have seen it all. A bra line or two won't phase them.

In the case of the glue residue, they're not Sherlock Holmes either. There could be a lot of explanations for that and frankly most doctors don't have time to play sleuth.

and Sherry, be careful where you're pointing those things! You could hurt someone!

I find the easiest way to hide those marks is to keep my bra on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    and Sherry, be careful where you're pointing those things! You could hurt someone!
    Eryn, thanks for the morning smile!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I woke up in the middle of the night with chest pains. I took off my bra and forms and put on my pajamas and called an ambulance and went to hospital for surgery. No one ever said a thing but after reading this thread im sure they noticed. At least my underwear was clean lol