Thread: What a week! My shopping trip and other stuff

What a week! My shopping trip and other stuff

I went shopping the other day. This was the first time I have ever been in general public dressed en femme. I have been out to a dark club a couple times, but I didn't have to "try" to pass then. This time was a lot different.So I put together an outift and off I went.

First I had to get to my car without being spotted by the neighbors. This is becoming a less of a worry because I'm starting to really not care. The first few times I have left my house, I was DEATHLY afraid it seemed. Now, not as much, but still I don't necessarily want to be seen at this point.

I make it to my car and I start to drive, it really starts to sink in. I feel almost immediately this rush from an accumulation all the preparation in getting ready, doing my nails, shaving, moisturizing, makeup, getting dressed, and a touch of perfume. Looking in the rear view mirror I see these women's eyes. I'm feeling the most confident I have ever felt in my life to present myself in such a way. Ever since I was a child I have wanted to accentuate myself as a female but social constraints have always kept that from happening. In the first few days of leading up to finally doing this, I started to fee like this was about something way much more then a shopping trip. But while driving in my car, I knew it was. There has been these echoing questions in my mind, one of which was, "Am I transgender?" To best explain it, its as if they started out subtle and soft, eventually growing louder until that moment when I looked in the mirror, I was staring at the answer. But then I was like "wait, I still have to go shopping."

My first stop, Burlington Coat Factory. LOL. It took me a few minutes to get out of the car, which felt a lot like getting ready to jump off the bungee platform or out of a perfectly good airplane. But, i was going to do this. I gathered up the determination and opened the door. I had been practicing my walking and mannerisms so I was very conscious of my gate and the way I held my hands. I become aware that people are dressed for a bit cooler weather then I am, but not a big deal. I can't continue to let every little thing keep from me doing this. So I walk through the doors and I'm immediately greeted by a cashier. After saying hello, I walk to the section with the discount size 11 shoes So far nobody has freaked out. I heard no comments or giggles. I didn't expect them but what I was listening for was silence. I just wanted them to continue to have their conversations and go about their business like they normally would. They did. At this point I am really starting to feel more at ease. So I start looking at clothes and realized the prices were way too high for what it was.

Next stop Ross. A lot more people, families and couples here. Still nobody made me feel uncomfortable. However I was riding on an incredible amount of adrenaline. Again, I didn't really see anything I wanted to even try on, much less purchase, so I ventured off to Target. I wanted to get some spanx for my dresstech hip pads that just arrived, but Target was out. I didn't want to go home empty handed, even though I had cleared a big hurdle even going out, so I stopped by a thrift store and ended up buying a couple of cute tops that I think would look good with some capris I have. I think its more of a warmer weather look, but I do live in Florida.

So this has been a pretty intense week. I have been en femme 24/7 for over a week now, and I am dreading work on Monday. I hope they cant tell I shaped my eyebrows. My nails have gotten sooo long and absolutely hate the fact I have to cut them. I definitely have some things to think about going forward. I know the answers to a lot of questions but what I intend to do about them is another thing. Right now one of those questions is, "what is it going to take for me to be happy?" I have a lot to lose. I am single, but publicly exploring who I am inside could jeopardize my career, my health, and a lot other things. Being outed doesn't scare me as much as it does the financial fall out. Buying nice feminine things is kind of hard when your broke.

I don't want to leave this on a sour note, in fact the last week has been absolutely fantastic and exhilarating. I have had so much fun, and feel so much more in touch with myself and who I am. I will post some pics of what I bought as soon as I can. I am already planning on another shopping adventure, and this time, I hope to take some pics while I am out. I wanted to this time, but wasn't brave enough to be seen snapping selfies yet and was a little preoccupied by just living in the moment. lol I say this with true sincerity, I don't think any of this would have been possible without the people who post on this board. This is a very therapeutic place and the fact that you all share with me and I can share with you thoughts that normally we cant always express to others, has really helped me find and reach this new level of me. Your bravery, courage and willingness to be who you are is very uplifting and powerful!

Keep being you ladies! You are all beautiful and deserving of love.
    Last edited by tanya_cd; 01-09-2016 at 07:16 AM.

What a good week, ending in a successful shopping spree for some new tops! Great story Tanya, thanks for sharing. It's an inspiration to those of us who have aspirations on doing something like this, but have not yet mustered up the courage to step out of the car door and into the world like you did. Loved your look in your previous post, your hair, makeup, and outfit were spot on superb girl!

<3 Lauren

Thank for sharing your week (the first of many weeks I hope)

You look great in your photos! I am glad you were able to take the step outside.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Excellent write up on your 'adventures en femme' Tanya.

I lived your visit through your writing style and I know the courage it takes to get out, but you are steps ahead of me. Looks like some big decisions ahead in 2016 in relation to coming out. Good luck in all you do.

I've still to do this dressed, so definitely on my to do list, but I've got to get there or I'll bust a blood vessel. So long as I don't look like him . https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...%20bloodvessel

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Gone to live my life
    Hi Tanya,

The first steps as a day walker are always the hardest but you weathered them well . . . congrats. It sounds like you had a good time with villagers, pitchforks and torches in sight. You will find going out to be very addictive so expect a few more potential trips out. A bit of advice . . . steel yourself a bit should you decide to go out again as eventually you will see a rude stare, giggle, point or guffaw . . . it happens to all of us. Just remember that is their baggage to deal with not yours. If you see such a thing, brush it off and just continue having a good Tanya day

Cheers

Marcelle

Tanya, I was looking forward to your post to see how your shopping experience went. Glad to hear it went marvelously well! I knew you would blend in nicely. I found the same thing two weeks ago when I had my first outing to the mall. Nobody notices if you dress and act appropriately. I know the feelings you were having as you walked around were exhilarating and now you probably can't wait to do it again. I know I can't. In fact I think I am going to head to the mall this afternoon. Congrats on the outing. Looking forward to seeing some pictures in the future. Good Job !

Isn't this the best way to spend a week! Now that you've earned your "daytime" certification, try to get out as much as you can. Assume that some one will "figure you out", but smile and move on! Most places you go, there will be understanding people to come to your aid if confronted by a moron.
    Don't worry about your brows if all you did was clean up the edges. Now if you plucked them down to thin, high arches.....
    Leave your nails a bit longer than you think. I get by with longer than most nails and as long as you keep them clean, no one cares.
    As far as your internal questions, maybe it's time to see a gender therapist to help you answer those thoughts? I had a long period of dressing like you just did and finally concluded maybe this is more than just crossdressing. A couple of months later, the therapist and I confirmed my conclusion. Only you know what will make you happy and at peace with yourself, but sometimes we need some outside help to verify or not our conclusions. Have a great new year!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Congratulations on your debut! Beautifully conceived, executed and documented. PS - it's ok to take selfies. Girls take selfies. It's what we do :-) Hugs, Michelle

thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with you via your post.. What a thrill..
    I remember you were still 'considering' a couple weeks ago when I made my first trip out presenting as a lady..
    Luckily, I had the wife and step-daughter along for support, so it made it a lot easier.. They kept reassuring me that I fit in well..
    Truthfully it was only jeans/boots/blouse/wig makeup etc., but for me it meant the world..
    And we have planned a trip to IKEA this coming Friday.. Hoping for another repeat performance..
    Glad everything worked out for you..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Congratulations on your first trip out. It is really a lot of fun. I'm glad you did it. It will get easier!! Have fun with it!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations, From experience I know the first Trip is the hardest. The rest are all easy. That said I still don't have guts yet to go to Walmart for a Bra.

Congrats! Been there a year ago and now I go where ever and whenever I want. You'll be saying the same things after a few more trips. Every one gets better than the last. Keep challenging yourself to venture into different stores and have different experiences.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Congrats on your first trip out. It gets easier from here on out