Thread: Man card updated with a side of femme

Man card updated with a side of femme

Well it's been a very manly week at work. First after being refered to as the old timer on the job for some time now, it was with great joy and anticipation that I had to do some work that is usually not assigned to me because as I said I'm the old timer. So I had to get out my "man" card and time to show these young whipper snappers what an old man can do, even in the teen and below temperatures, now don't get me wrong the preferential treatment is fine and enjoyed because I've earned it, but every once in a while being the teacher and example of hard work and experience with hands on and eyes watching every move as if your performing magic with little or no effort just feeds the ole "male" ego. Now Friday arrives and my usual half day because I've put in my hours during the week and there's no OT. High on the love of my trade and being the man I am, I notice my nails are dull and need some cuticle removal which leads to a long bubble bath, scented of course, hair removal, and the whole nine yards, then on to being in femme mode for the night, nightgown included, which I hadn't done during the week which was very unusual for me, but being so "macho" at work I guess my mind was too full of "T". Well anyway this morning started as my usual weekends do with a full emersion in my femme self expression, and off to do my "chores", while out I receive the proper pronouns and smiles as usual and since most people I come in contact with know me by now in both modes act as if I'm a regular person with an unusual personality, which is fine by me. The rush I get from being myself in femme and the people I meet is so confirming and reassuring to my gender fluidity that it makes me wonder why I was so much in denial so long ago and for so long. I recall reading a few threads about how we handle our duality and I don't know, but I do know that I think I would have lived the rest of my life as a miserable human being, I am so glad that I found and accepted my femme self and incorporated into my life. So to those out there that are apprehensive about expressing their femme self and venturing out, please do try at least once, it takes a lot of intestinal fortitude but that's what is good about having a male self to be bold and daring, using both selves as one is just so right. I don't know if this thread makes any sense to anyone but I just felt compelled to write and maybe help others who are on the fence with their feelings. Thank all who read this long rambling.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I totally get it Allisa thats the same way I live my life.
    Some know me as one or the other and some know both sides of me and that is just fine with me.

Great job! You set a wonderful example for your coworkers -- and for those of us that aspire to a more public expression of our "other" self. Thank you for sharing.

It's been raining all week here. Though I have a rain suit, when my feet get wet then I'm cold and miserable all day. I'm the young whipper snapper you speak of and as such I get the privilege of working in the mud.

I'm all too happy to give up my man card come Friday. Being a man is hard work , but then again so is being a woman. That's why I like both.

Quote Originally Posted by Feminin Allisa View Post
    ...most people I come in contact with know me by now in both modes act as if I'm a regular person with an unusual personality...
    To be treated as a regular person with an unusual personality -- that's a perfect statement of what total success is to me. It's almost TG poetry.

I'm just curious; why, on a forum, where we celebrate the wonderful things about women, do people keep bringing up their 'man card'? Is this some sort of way to reaffirm to yourselves that you're somehow better than women? All macho, chest out, stand tall, be tough, no touchy feely, all sex, no cuddling because 'it's girly', etc., all the nonsense that guys do to express dominance over their peers?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I love the part about showing them how to work. A few years ago I was running a manufacturing shop with a bunch of younger workers less than half my age. The kind that likes to go drinking every night after work. I spent the month of August in Houston in a shop with no AC with them, and only asked that they keep up with me. By the third day they had quit going out every night, and by the end of the month, a few actually became great workers.

A regular person with an unusual personality...
    That would make a great tag line!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I'm just curious; why, on a forum, where we celebrate the wonderful things about women, do people keep bringing up their 'man card'? Is this some sort of way to reaffirm to yourselves that you're somehow better than women? All macho, chest out, stand tall, be tough, no touchy feely, all sex, no cuddling because 'it's girly', etc., all the nonsense that guys do to express dominance over their peers?
    Hmm, I never considered that my "man card" had to do with dominance or lack of empathy. I thought that my man card was for being into cars, gambling and other things like that.

Maybe I don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I'm just curious; why, on a forum, where we celebrate the wonderful things about women, do people keep bringing up their 'man card'
    Do people keep bringing it up? This is the second instance that I can recall seeing the term used. I think it's kind of droll. I don't see any evidence that the point of the post was to say "Gee, I'm better than a Real Woman(tm)." Just an acknowledgment that many of us have dual roles. And I don't believe we (all) celebrate the wonderful things about women, I think many of us celebrate / tolerate the good and bad of being CD/TG.