Thread: Careful at the Mall Today

Careful at the Mall Today

Hi All, I went shopping at the mall in full Fem attire for just the second time today. I was so excited and everything went great. I walked around for about 2 hours. Sat and had a bite to eat at the food court. Went to all the major anchor department stores and browsed the women's sections. I even had a SA at Penny's ask to help me look at shoes and helped me try on a couple of pairs with no issues. After a couple of hours my ankles were starting to get sore. I still haven't built-up the strength to walk in heels for more than a couple of hours. I had on 2" booties that I just love to walk around in but my ankles are still weak. So I decided it was time to leave. When I walked out of the mall I walked into a snow/sleet blizzard in the good old midwest. Nice 1" layer of snow/ice on the sidewalks and parking lot. Snow crews had not yet come out to salt or plow. I have NEVER walked so gingerly in my entire life. I took baby step after baby step. My sore ankles in 2" heels on ice covered sidewalks were not a good combo. All I could imagine was wiping out on the sidewalk, hitting my head and being knocked unconscious and having the EMTs called to whisk me away to the hospital. SURPRISE !! Fortunately I made it to my car safely and had no mishaps. But it was an intense walk to prevent any mishaps. But the mall outing was once again very FUN and enjoyable. It seemed like I blended OK with no unusual looks or stares. It gets more fun every time I venture out in Fem.

That sounds like a wonderful outing Courtney! I am completely jealous, I so badly want to do something similar to this, but have not summoned the courage to get out of my car as of yet. Glad things went so smoothly for you, and kudos to you for having the ability to successfully trek through snow/ice in heels! Respect Girl!

<3 Lauren

Now you wonder what all the fuss was about getting the nerve to actually go out the first time. Glad you had a great time and also stayed on your feet!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Last February I was at my favorite local thrift store (just north of Bass Pro, Heidi Stevens. Great picture btw) that services veterans. I was found three Vanity Fair nightgowns NWT in my size and six pairs of VF Ravissant panties in my size with the tags still attached. I had a 25% off card and I bought them! Wonderful! I walked out of the store, turned left to get to my car, slipped on black ice. Down I went, shattering my left wrist. I made it home, barely. I sort of lost my desire to thrift store shop now.

Miss Courtney, girl i can understand walking across snow and ice in heels, i glad you did not go down, and it sound like you had a lovely day, good for you girl, i would have to travel for a 100 miles to see a mall, take care and be safe, hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Nice story and from my angle, if you can move about an indoor mall on a Saturday and not attract the evil eye of the teen girls, YOU PASS!! If you were paying attention and heard no snickering or see any pointing you PASSED! Glad to to hear you didn't wipe out.
    Years ago I used to go shopping with a fashion consultant who also gave me tips on how to move like a GG and one time we were leaving a store and going our separate ways and it was raining. I scurried to my car and later i got a great text from my consultant, she wrote "I was so expecting you to revert back to a guy running in the rain but you moved quickly but oh so like a woman. Elbow in, wrist sort of swinging and you didn't flash getting in either!" I felt like I was on cloud 9.
    My point is that you may have just walked to you car like many other GG's did in their heels so as not to fall. It just felt odd compared to your guy way of doing it.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Wow, Courtney. You went to the mall enfemme on Saturday. Probably the busiest day of the week.
    Can I go with you next time?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Happy to hear that you had a good time at the mall.

....and as you are now experiencing, it gets easier (and better) each and every time! Happy for you! Keep pushing those boundaries and expanding what you are comfortable with doing the next time and the next time.......
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Carla, I would love to shop with you anytime ! Yes, Saturday was a busy day but I felt more comfortable with more people to blend with. And Saturday afternoons do pack alot of teenagers into the corridors of the mall. And, yes, I did pass alot of them but evidently I looked OK as I really didn't notice any stares or giggles. And if I did approach a group that I had my doubts about I just turned my face slightly to do some window shopping until they passed. By the end of the evening I was actually enjoying passing people and realizing that they didn't seem to notice I was not a woman. Walking around and enjoying the time in Fem mode was much better than when I was filled with fear and anxiety. And the more I kept my back straight, chest out, and head high, the more feminine I looked when checking out my appearance in the department store mirrors. Got to remember to always do that. Easy to forget. I am eyeing up a trip to Woodfield (Largest mall in Chicago area) for my next adventure. I am tired of wearing my man's trenchcoat even though it looks feminine. I want to get a women's coat. Just hope I can deal with the buttons on the opposite side with nails on.

Glad to hear your excursion was successful and fun. In time you'll get used to the heels. Good luck !
    Di

Mall's are great places to get out - and the bigger the crowed the less you may be made .............................Debra