Thread: Being encouraged to show interest by a female when younger...

Banned Read only

Being encouraged to show interest by a female when younger...

I am wondering! When younger, did a female encourage you to show an interest in make-up, make-up, feminine hairstyles etc.?

Numerous times, when I was in my early teens, mom showed me her new clothing/make-up purchases and encouraged me to compliment her fiends on how lovely their lipstick, nail polish, hair, heels, stockings were.

Honestly, I think she was probably giving you tips on how to make points with the ladies. I had a few girlfriends over the years who were always suggesting to me ways to improve my game with them, but it didn't always take hold very well. The primary reason I'm single right now.

As a boy in an all girl household(3 sisters all older and my mom of course) I was exposed to the "how to be a lady" training on a constant basis, although not directed at me I'm sure it stuck with me. I believe it wasn't the reason I am the way I am now, but it doesn't hurt in my presentation of my femme self. Maybe that's why the "mannerisms" come so naturally to me. I think your mom was just teaching you how to be polite to women in a way they understand best, with compliments to their appearance.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

not for me,no. I was quite far removed from anything like that.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Silver Member
    No. No one ever encouraged me to show any interest in make-up or women's hair styling or women's clothing..

Aspiring Member
    I wish that had been so for me. Unfortunately, I had to learn the female ways by trial and error.

Nope, in fact , my mother was very upset and angry. But, like Red Skeleton said "I did it anyway"!
    Hugs, Carole

Aspiring Member
    No. At 25 had a dear friend who really encouraged me to go all the way. Taught me alot.

My mom, who had really planned to have a daughter, occasionally put nail polish, lipstick and sometimes clip-on earrings on me starting at a very young age -- 2-1/2 or three years old. She didn't initiate it entirely by herself, as I had already shown some curiosity about her routine when watching her dress to go out. It never extended to actual clothing.

- Diane

Aspiring Member
    I had no pre training from anyone before I started crossdressing, I think it all started before Adam was born and there are Zillions of reasons why we do.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

No one showed me interest in feminine things like clothes or make-up. I had to fly solo really. It wasn't until I was 16 and my girlfriend started showing me make-up and hairstyles, I pretty much already had the clothing thing down. But to be fair I'm not that much really into make up, I'll try it and sometimes wear it but otherwise I'm good without make up.

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    I am wondering! When younger, did a female encourage you to show an interest in make-up, make-up, feminine hairstyles etc.?
    Sadly, no. I wish someone had, but such topics were verboten in my world.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    I wasn't interested and still not interested in make-up, feminine hairstyles, lipstick, nail polish, hair, heels night gowns eye brows liners and all that pretty stuff.
    I am interested if Feminine Lingerie and that's the way it is for me, and whatever I wear is usually at home, sometimes I venture around the city and overseas but I love the privacy.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Yes I was lucky enough to have a young lady come spend the summer at our house when I was eleven to help take care of us while our parents worked. She dressed me regularly in girls clothes fixed my hair an a tiny touch of eye make up an lip stick. She continued to train me for the next three years

Well, it wasn't a female who suggested it, but I was encouraged to learn female things on my own. The general implication was that if I did, god would fix me and make me into a girl. Believing that, I went ahead and watched the girls and women in my life, and tried to emulate what they did (or what I thought they did; I was never able to watch too closely, so I did what I thought was the female way of doing things).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

No encouragement from anyone. Closest thing was in my teens and twenties there were multiple women who saw my long lashes and said it's too bad men don't wear mascara

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar

More than happy as a girl

My older sister loved to dress me up in her things, and I'm sure she began when I was about 3 or 4. She's 14 months older than I am. I'm sure I never objected as it just seemed natural to me. I was being like her and my mom. Eventually my mother tried to make us stop, but she never pushed it hard enough that we were reluctant to continue. Every time I see my sister I thank her for making me who I am now. I can't even imagine acting like a man and wearing men's things. Yuk!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

I grew up in a very feminine environment as my father was at work a lot. So, I was surrounded by female clothing and watched makeup being applied etc. My sisters dressed me once for fun and on another occasion put makeup on me. So, I think it all came naturally.

Southern Gurl
    No, not at all. One could be so lucky! Damm

Not at all, but it would of been nice if that had been the case.

No, but I used to wish something like that would happen. Like many others on here, I am quite envious.

No, this did not happen to me. I just was naturally curious since I was very young. It would have been to have that experience, though.
    Di

Between 10 & 13 my older female cousin (17) used to dress me up, some make up etc when we went to their place. I never really let on that much that I enjoyed it alot.

If I only I knew back then.

Mind you, a girl I was seriously dating between 20 & 23 used to give me a pair of panties to wear when we were getting intimate.

My mother used me as a dress form. When I started showing too much interest in the role I got replaced by a dress dummy from a second hand shop. But kept dressing in secret as often as I could

Evidently my female cousin overheard my mother telling my aunt about my interests and my cousin approached me about dressing with her. With her sworn to secrecy we would dress like two 1970's girls of the time.

My cousin had amazing makeup skills and I could easily pass. Oh how I loved wearing those "Marcia Brady" style mini dresses with pantyhose and the wedge heels. Alas, time and puberty caught up and the fun and games ended. But great memories.