Thread: Musings

Musings

Good day everyone, Happy New Year.
    As most of you know, I'm genderfluid, my internal gender usually fluctuates throughout the day. However, for the past four days, I was firmly rooted as Female. I've very rarely had it stay that long in a single gender, and to such an extreme. It got to the point where I actually went to work with forms in (my smallest ones, so they would be easier to hide under an oversized sweater. It worked for the most part.)
    All throughout the weekend I did what I could to stay and present feminine, but whenever I went out, I had to hide it. For instsnce, wearing a sundresss underneath my pants and a shirt. (side note, tucking a sun dress into a pair of jeans or cargo pants is a fun look.)
    I ended up taking more risks than normal. Did more things that could out me. Because honestly, I was sick of hiding it. Am sick of hiding it. I know that "once the bell is rung, it can't be un-wrung" and all that, and honestly that thought is what has kept me from outing myself, but I really want to just present how I feel.
    It got me thinking. What if I were to suddenly develop breasts? What if I couldn't hide it anymore? What would happen if my secret was forcefully put out there into the world?
    How would I handle people's change in perspective? What would people think? Etc.
    The fact I don't have the answers to these questions makes me feel I'm not ready to be out fully yet.

Today, I'm more male than I've been lately, but still pretty far on the female side of the slider. I really wish my body matched my gender still, but I'm more okay with the one I have as well. I look back at the risks I took, but I'm not sure if they were worth it in retrospect. At the time I felt they were. Now I'm not sure. Makes me wonder if it would ever be truly worth it to come fully out of the closet.

It's that age old question: am I free, or am I safe? Which one do I value more? Which do you value more?
    You may call me Adam, Adyson, or Ady, whichever you prefer.

I am unapologetically me. You can accept me or reject me, but you're never going to change me.

Yikes, I know we have significant gender dsphoria and wow you did take chances. Naw we don't want to be totally out as we do go back to male and appreciate both sides of us. But for instance, I am much more of a fem male and do things like wear earrings, long nails, painted toes and long hair. Boy I have the fem wants more and it is far stronger in me. But we are males. Lived that way most of my life but it is so nice to be able to express our fem side when we can. Still it is not good to be totally out right now as people do not fully understand or acceptance is not there yet.

To answer questions, yes we are free to do the things we want to. are we safe? I really don't know but it seems that men do accept us as feminine males as long as we don't stuff it in their faces. I value freedom more and hope that we are safe when we do go out as a female. Both are high value.
    Part Time Girl

I am a huge believer in counseling Hun! And I encourage you to get some! You bring up so many feelings and issues that we all understand on some level. Profession help to sort them out is never a bad idea!