Thread: Cross dressing is making me healthier!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Cross dressing is making me healthier!

When the weather is nice, I generally ride my bike 7 miles every morning. I normally wear cycling capris, or spandex athletic capris, a sleeveless shirt, and of course a sports bra. I do not try to present as female, I am just more comfortable riding in capris.
    When Winter rolls around, I switch to an indoor workout, usually the treadmill. This is when I break out the running skirts/skorts. I just love the way the nylon fabric feels brushing against my smooth legs with every step. It's also when my neon pink sneakers get some use. It makes for a great incentive to work out!

I haven't been working out much lately, due to back and leg problems. When my favorite skirt was too snug, I decided working out was a cheaper option than replacing my wardrobe with larger sizes (though not as fun!). I just keep moving through the pain.
    I went for a back injection a few weeks ago, and my BP was sky-high. I decided then that I want to be around a bit longer to enjoy my 2 grandchildren.
    I wonder what the results would be if I had my BP checked dressed in drab, the again with a comfortable skirt...maybe some cute leggings, and a comfy top?
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I would agree, give me a nice track suit and I want to show it off.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have notice that about myself also, just the fact that I am taking care of my skin and feet a lot more. I'm turning into my ex-wife, lol.

I hear ya.I also have been taking better care of myself since accepting my femme self through diet and a few other changes in my lifestyle. Everything fits better and now I have to bye new clothes.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I let myself go for way too long, most of the time I wasn't dressing on on the site here...
    But I'm back and hitting it hard, lost 14 pounds in the last 6 weeks and still going strong to my amazement.
    It's hard work but darn it I want to drop a dress size!, or at least look good in the ones I have. Ok, I'd settle for just looking a little better.
    I also quit the cigarettes and went to the E-cig and that added a few pounds so I have a few more to loose, in all I'm trying to drop another 30 pounds, then I'll be happy.
    Keep it up and stay strong!
    Make it your goal to make someone smile every day!

I began exercising about a month ago and I'm amazed at how much healthier I feel. The main reason that got me motivated was the desire to fit into a size 10 skirt that I really love. Although I still have a way to go, I can see real improveeant in my waistline and thighs. Dreaming of wearing other beautiful things has kept me focused. I hope that I can keep going.

I'm finding it's making me healthier too, the desire to stay toned and keep my figure manageable.

Oh yes, same with me. I started closely watching what I eat, 'cause I wanted to look good in my leggings and smaller tops.
    I miss my favorite junky foods sometimes, but I find my gym workouts are a lot easier for me since I'm down 120 pounds.
    But yes, it is a great motivation, isn't it.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

More about health than dressing: I've been dealing with serious back issues for about 6 months now. Injections, steroids, nerve blockers et al. One or all have an adverse effect on BP, so my goal was to keep utilization of these to a minimum and maintain a reasonable quality of life while I'm on them. Not doing many of my favorite things was/is terrible. Worse is not being able to function normally. I'm slowly getting better, but have had many unpleasant side effect of drugs (some I wrote about on this forum.) Dressing and appearance aside (let me say I have bulked up from steroid use) I am learning to accept what my body allow of me, and to not expect perfection. Also, being whole again is not an option and that is difficult for me to embrace. A fellow therapy patient put it in to perspective for me. Walking with a cane beats depending on a wheel chair any day. I am slowly coming to appreciate the wisdom in that, and to accept my limitations.

I'm extremely into skincare lately and going for facials and getting my eyebrows shaped since i started - also started exercising to get my waist smaller and I stopped smoking because of dressing too

I eat healthily and exercise a lot but have never thought to do so when I'm Lucy, she likes pretty clothes to much, however she does benefit from my being a size 8.

I eat healthy, but because I spend most of my day driving around (sales rep) I have developed a bit of a beer belly.

My wife just joined the gym to loose weight, so i'm going to join on the premise of loosing the belly & being her support.

It's funny, but I only got serious about being healthy and losing weight when I put it in the context of looking better while crossdressing.

What a great thread to start! Thank you. Sooo interesting to read the responses!

Within the last three weeks I began an exercise/diet regimen primarily due to my desire to enhance my fem side.

I simply ignored my health and weight forever while being in drab.

Then after talking with my SO on a romantic getawy a few weeks ago, she said that "if cross dressing gives you the incentive to lose weight and get healthy go for it". Needless to say I jumped all over the opportunity and KIM is finally going out this Saturday! I think there will be no looking back

Have been taking care of my feet and toes, brows and moisturizing daily since then!

Very proud of all you girls that also found that inner strength!!!
    Kim

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEgurl View Post
    It's funny, but I only got serious about being healthy and losing weight when I put it in the context of looking better while crossdressing.
    Exactly my story, Egurl. I quit gym work outs. Now, do a crunches and stretching program every morning, first thing.

Quit drinking beer, late snacks, and reduced my carbs. Dropped nearly 20 lbs. 5 years ago and it never came back! Most of it off my spare tire!

The excersize program and weight loss has done wonders for my worn out back. Now, I can dance all nite in hi heels!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Me too. When I decided I wanted to look better when I presented fem so I could go out and be me, I found that desire was stronger than the desire for pizza and I started losing weight. Then I started exercising. Then I started taking better care of my complexion, started caring about my clothing and on and on. Over 60 years of only presenting male in public I never cared a lick about my appearance and suddenly I found a reason to care. And as a side-effect I'm asymptomatic for diabetes. I never have desired to live a single day of my life over, but I do think that if I had started earlier I'd have benefited in both happiness and health.

I just rode 20km's on the bike to keep in shape. I find it clears my mind and helps to give me great legs.

It's great to hear so may stories of you getting healthier, exercising more, eating better, etc. I am a bit of a health nut and always preaching the importance of diet and exercise. On the flip side, I'm still quite a CD novice (in secret) but you have provided some great exercise clothing and other ideas to motivate ME to go a little farther

Aspiring Member
    I definitely take much better care of my health today than 10+ years ago. I am eating healthier foods, consuming less alcohol, and listening to body signals when it comes to things like rest.

I am striving to ascribe to the preventive medical approach for the last 10 years or so, which is definitely a change. I believe I am heading in a positive direction that has provided me with improved health and wellness.

My acceptance of being transgendered has played a part in my improved health; so being with TG has been beneficial to me.
    Michele