Thread: 3rd person me,myself and Irene?

3rd person me,myself and Irene?

OK so sorry if this comes out confusing but I'll do my best to explain, just wondering if anyone here refers to themselves in the 3rd person? what I mean is when in guy mode do you talk about your female self as a different person by referring to her by name or do you just say me myself and I? I refer to myself as well, myself but I am more femme when dressed of course and have a softer persona, but there are those of us that completely separate their male and female sides into two different people with different mannerisms, personas and attributes. These people can have almost split personalities and have a balance with them while referring to each side in the 3rd person. For instance mike is a crossdresser and when dressed his name is molly when in mike mode he may say molly went shopping yesterday but I stayed at home I wonder what she bought But what I am asking is how far do we separate our personalities when we dress?
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

Silver Member
    Nicole - I cannot separate my personality regardless of my clothing or appearance. I am still me. I may try to act softer but I am still very conscious that I am the same person. I am not two different people and do not try to be two different people. I do use two different names with my wife only for clarification of how I will be dressed or how she would like be to dress.

I'm still Danielle regardless...just have to wear the male uniform for a few more weeks.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

In the third person

There are only two people that know about Christine. When I email them from my Christie account and I need to say something about my male self I will refer to my male self by name, in the third person. This lets them know that it won't be Christie showing up at their door. Just the opposite when using my male email address. Instead of saying I will be there dressed as a girl, I just say Christie will show up in the morning.

Does that make sense?

Some say that we are two spirits. For when we are boy or girl we do give ourselves a female name when we are feminine. Yet we are the same spirit and conscious of our other half. But for me I switch back and forth. But I must say that me as a person is getting more androgynous as time goes on and that even our male look is getting more feminine.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    Nope. Truthfully never saw any need to, and never gave any thought to it.

Aspiring Member
    Nope. I'm me whether "en femme" or in drab.

Quote Originally Posted by xNicolex View Post
    just wondering if anyone here refers to themselves in the 3rd person?
    Yes, it seems a lot of people here do. Just keep reading the threads in this forum. As far as separating personalities, true multiple personality disorder is a very, very rare thing. What you have going on here with the use of the third person most often, is the need someone feels to separate some feeling or behavior that they feel is inappropriate for themselves. This need is usually felt because of how we are brought up, which is to believe that feeling, behaving or being feminine in any way at all is the most awful thing that a male could ever be. This belief has been spread throughout many societies for a very long time, and is reinforced by not just men, but also women. While it's interesting that women would denigrate attributes of themselves, it occurs none the less.
    How far do you feel the need to distance those feminine things from yourself in order to maintain your own self respect? That will depend upon several things: 1. What value you see in those female specific behaviors and traits, and 2. How you believe others in your society will judge you for embracing them into your own life. Using myself as an example, I admire the positive aspects of stereotypical female behavior, and, as a crossdresser who is deeply in the closet I don't suffer from any negative aspects that might come from outside knowledge of my displaying or behaving as a female, so I don't have any need at all to distance myself from what some would refer to as 'my female side'. To me, it's not a 'side'. It's all me.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-11-2016 at 02:31 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think Katey does occasionally, but I'm not sure about him...

Yes - I do sometime here but it's a literary and language quirk rather than having a persona blip in my head. My persona certainly shifts a little to the feminine when I dress on my own; more so when I'm with others, along with mannerisms.

Some of this probably depends on how deeply closeted you are and to whom you are talking... If I were to talk about Katey to anyone other than you folk here, they'd surely think I'd gone stark, staring bonkers, outing myself in that way... But my fundamental persona doesn't change - I'm still the generous, witty, caring, gracious, smart and modest person I am in either sets of clothes... :

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

not at all. I'm me, myself. Even the name change to be covert on this forum feels strange to me, but then a name is a label not me myself nor I.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I do that with my friends, we refer to Sarah as a person which I will admit sounds strange but if you bear with me and i'll explain my logic on it.

If I invite a friend over to my house to hang out, some of them will say ''is sarah going to be there/is sarah coming out too?'' which I much prefer to ''are you going to dress up and act like a girl?'' not that they would say anything as harsh as that. I feel a lot of the time when im in male mode that im just making do with the way I am and that its practical but when I change over I feel that thats the more genuine me because I dont want to be a man acting effeminate, I want to be a female acting normal so I find it better that they refer to me as two different people depending on how im presenting where as I will only say me.

Like bruce banner's quote in the avengers about being the hulk when they say they need him to be angry; ''thats my secret, im always angry''

Im always Sarah, just not to others.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Love the Banner reference.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sherry doesn't resemble me in any way. That is why I refer to her in the 3rd person!

That is intentional and accurate. Because when I go out dressed as me, without my masks, I have a completely different attitude about being out and about myself. My personality never changes, tho.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    While I do sometimes refer to DeeAnn in the 3rd person, I don't like to do it because of the reason that some have mentioned. DeeAnn is not a different person from Don. It is not a Jekyll and Hyde thing. DeeAnn has essentially the same sensibilities, albeit slightly less repressed! I view it as different facets of the same gem and sometimes I will describe DeeAnn as my alter-ego. When people make a sharp distinction between their male and female personnas, it almost seems a bit schizophrenic to me.

DeeAnn

When in male mode (even though I am always underdressed) my wife and I will talk about Jamie in the 3rd person. She is very different from Jim.

I go both ways. Sometimes referring to Jennie as separate being is a useful linguistic convention. But internally I don't feel split -- I just feel like neither name is the real me; neither presentation is the real me. Still digging to find out the answer to The Question.

To me my fem side has always been some what a separate person. Some what of an Alter ego like Barbra Gordon and bat girl. To think of us as 2 people helps me keep even thing neat and tidy in my head. When the SO found out. She tried to mix it all together. It was very stressful. Other than my SO. Believes I have give. Up dressing , ( I really did try ) there is only one other Person who knows both sides of me and it is very hard to get in to full Lexi mode around them

No, I don't.
    When in guy mode if I am discussing my dressing it's My dressing. They are my clothes, my makeup, etc. Even when shopping with my wife I'll say, "Oh wait, I need some new mascara" or something like that. It's never "she" needs it or anything.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm another for it being a linguistic twist. I'm certainly not a split personality and consider me as one and the same person. I would spend more time femme, but I have a wife and life that is separate.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I do not refer to myself in the third person when in man or femme mode. I do not distinguish these parts of my persona as separate. They are parts of a whole.

I don't (even though my femme name is Irene lol), I just see myself as the person but prettier. For example if I see a nice dress and shoes, I think I'd like to wear that, not Irene

There isn't a difference in personalities for me. Though I'm happier. However in some places my wife and I use the third person, if the atmosphere send unaccepting.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I do. I don't consider to have 2 personalities though, I know Gina is me and I am Gina. For me it feels weird to call myself Gina when in dude mode.

Reading through the replies here I can see that it's not common place to refer to one's self in the third person the reason I asked was because I recently watched a film called The Danish Girl I'm sure most of you have heard of it, but there is alot of 3rd person referencing going on in it. I realize of course that it is a transgender person who wants to transition but it started with crossdressing. I'm not saying that it's the same for everyone I was just curious to see how common or uncommon it is.
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

Reality Check
    If you've read my posts here, I will sometimes refer to "Krisi" and "Homer". That's just an easy way to say dressed as a woman or dressed as a man. In real life I don't refer to myself in the third person.

Along these lines, I would love for my wife to call me "Krisi" when I'm dressed but I haven't figured out a way to bring it up. I think calling me by a female name is one of those imaginary lines that can't be crossed.