Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why fitness is important

Banned Read only

Why fitness is important

Aside from good health, my time in the gym has had a surprising effect on my feminine side. I love doing squats and deadlifts as well as the old Jane Fonda butt workouts. This keeps my butt looking perky and helps me to feel feminine even in a pair of flannel pajamas. Chest workouts give my plenty to work with when I wear a padded push-up bra. And cardio keeps my waist small.
    Funny enough, my wide lats and narrow waist make it hard for me to wear many men's shirts. I've tried on some of my wife's workout tops and they fit me great. I've been out jogging a few times in full lulu lemon gear, or worn her yoga pants to the gym. She admits that they look good on me, but just because they're tight and she likes my fit body. Clearly we're getting different types of enjoyment out of the situation.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I gotta agree....fitness is a big part of it ! Not only being good for you, it gives you alot of energy and gets you into that dress ! I am a complete gym rat lately...lots of cardio and ab work to stay tone and slim. Depending on the day I either jog 6 or 12 miles...The subject of fitness hardly comes up on here, so I am glad to see it when it does , the clothes are fun too...but they just get all sweaty LOL XOXO.....

Eating right and fitness are a good habitat to have obviously for the listed reasons, Im apprehensive about doing any weight lifting however as my arms are large enough as it is to be a give away, I also have quite large calf muscles. Cardio and ab work would really be all I would be interested at the moment anyway, I know when I was younger the idea of being built like a tank was something I thought about but that idea has gone out of my mind altogether.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

It is important, in many more ways than just affects our femme appearance - I agree...

But now I feel badly guilty about still having a little Christmas belly... I need to get back to the gym again pronto before another outing opportunity pops up and I can't fit into anything glam...

A timely reminder...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I love working out. Hurt my knee a couple months ago and I've barely been able to start jogging again . Making the old ticker work makes me feel great. I always joke with my buds of skipping arm days due to being too tired from cardio days. But it's cuz my arms get enough work in at work, haha. I wish I could eat right though. I'm too addicted to burritos and chimichangas.

Banned Read only
    A number of years ago I had a revelation that I needed to drop some weight. I read the labels on the obvious; beer and soda cans. Too many calories to knock off if I drank that stuff. Also, the cake and cookies. I dropped twenty pounds over the years. In 2014 I had an operation which altered my digestive system somewhat and it had to adapt. I dropped another ten pounds, but, felt terrible. And, I looked gaunt. My army body weight was history and should not be a goal. I've read some posts on this site and seen some girls who may be overly obsessed with body image as much as any natural born woman. Some actually look malnourished. Good health and wellness should be the goal in itself and not trying to fit into a certain size dress. I think there is something called a person's "natural body weight" at which one's body is working at its best.

Agreed, I'm back in the gym, renewed determination to go more and get the weight off and kept off.
    And the narrowed waist of doing the core work is SO worth it when it comes to wearing skirts!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I started getting serious about fitness when I took up crossdressing. I just wanted to rock my cute tops and leggings, but now it's for health reasons. Although I often miss my favorite junky foods, I've become a gym rat, and I feel a lot better physically, a lot less of the aches and pains that I thought were just part of getting older.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    What? You mean a box of chocolates, biscuits and/or cream cakes don't count toward my five a day?

I'm generally out for 12 hours of a day at present, travelling to and from work, so lets just say that going to the gym or exercise generally are not currently on my to do list, due to my being completely *ucked.

Strangely, I always seemed to be carrying a small injury when I was a regular road runner and gym bunny, whereas the settee has not caused me to pull one muscle .

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I absolutely love exercising!
    It helps me stay in shape for the military and it helps my feminine side look better.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I exercised once and as you can see from my atvar I look, as some have said to me, "Are you pregnant?"

Silver Member
    Great thread,
    I have never ENJOYED exercise!!! Until just recently. Now mind you I am quite active but other than being able to tolerate a 3 to 4 mile jog every other day out of necessity (keep my heart fit) I have not done a "workout" since my late teens.
    Well, I broke training, aka my jog, back in the early fall and of late my knees have been hurting, so no jogging. I need to be in good shape for an physically demanding event in the spring, so what is a CD to do? I searched exercise videos on You Tube and I found 100's. Of course the searches were aimed at GG type workouts, you know hips, legs and abs, barre...Well apparently these are now more than tolerable for me. I'm getting in shape which feels terrific and working to some degree on my girlish figure all at once.
    I am most proud that I now do core exercises for a firm butt and flat tummy and the women in the videos wear such cute fun workout wear to inspire me more.

The toughest part is really, just getting started.

There is nothing like looking trim, taut and terrific. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-RT View Post
    Im apprehensive about doing any weight lifting however as my arms are large enough as it is to be a give away, I also have quite large calf muscles.
    Low weight and high reps will keep your muscles from getting bulgy. They'll just look toned and healthy. Also look at exercises that use many muscles instead of ones that target specific muscles. I workout with light kettlebells that seems to do the trick for me.

Banned Read only
    Bella,
    It' no gym for me, I walk the dog twice a day and keep in shape by cutting and chopping wood to keep the woodburner fed ! Gives me a UK size 12 and I'm happy with that !

For someone who us almist 69, I consider myself pretty damn fit, especially on the dance floor en femme. Besides the aerobics, I've added isometrics within the last couple of years to keep my muscles trim and firm. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It's funny how the idea of fitness has evolved for me over the years. While in male mode, I've been quite content to have a tummy and carry a few extra pounds. It really didn't bother me at all. What does keep me inspired to slim down is how I look in lingerie or a skirt or how my arms, butt or legs look. In drab, as I say, it doesn't concern me a whole lot but I find that I'm far more critical while en femme. I use the mirror far more while dressed and while I don't want to say that I obsess, I do realize how much better I look in a dress with a flat tummy or thinner arms.
    I've been able to drop a couple of dress sizes recently and I must say that I enjoy what I see in the mirror as the pounds melt away. I've done it primarily just by eating smart so now it's time to pair that with a fitness program of some sort (besides long walks). My intent is to become leaner, firmer and more feminine.
    I've been contemplating either pilates or yoga (or both) as both disciplines seem to work well for GGs and I've always admired how they look (lean and strong). I must admit that I don't know much about either but I would certainly welcome feedback or recommendations from anyone that has practiced either.
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I eat almost nothing but meat & veggies. Carbs are probably less than 5% of by diet. I wish I had those kind of results. If I do those exercises my thighs turn into oak trees. In cycling season, my calves develop more angles than a Picasso painting.

Lucky girl...

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-RT View Post
    Eating right and fitness are a good habitat to have obviously for the listed reasons, Im apprehensive about doing any weight lifting however as my arms are large enough as it is to be a give away, I also have quite large calf muscles. Cardio and ab work would really be all I would be interested at the moment anyway, I know when I was younger the idea of being built like a tank was something I thought about but that idea has gone out of my mind altogether.
    If I didn't know better, I'd say you were stealing my thoughts :P

I wanted to be BIG when I was in my denial/hiding phase (I'm having a night of admitting to being a cilche) but then as I was let out a bit I decided I needed to reflect both genders in how I keep my body.
    I'm 6'6" so looking skinny isn't hard but I've hit 33 hard and I'm noticing my butt, belly and bingo going to s*** (Self censoring! Admin I am on form tonight - no template warnings for me thankyou! ).
    I'm seriously thinking I need to do something if have any wish to keep looking skinny in my 40's (oh god I've only got 7 years! LOL) both for Sam and David (My Mr's does compliment my ass in smart pants )
    Samantha -x-

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    I'm 6'6"
    DAMN, girl, that is a tall glass of water. With heels, you hit you head on door-frames.

Most GG's don't get that big. Kinda hard to blend.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    so looking skinny isn't hard but I've hit 33 hard and I'm noticing my butt, belly and bingo going to s***

I'm seriously thinking I need to do something if have any wish to keep looking skinny in my 40's (oh god I've only got 7 years! LOL) both for Sam and David ([I]My Mr's does compliment my ass in smart pants
    Sounds like (since you are 'skinny') you already have the right idea. Being over 40 doesn't automatically come with a paunch.

I'm 51, and fit into jeans I could have worn when 30. I have even accidentally tried wearing my 14 year-old son's jeans, only knowing they were not mine when the cuffs flopped around my feet (He is 6'5" [At 14!?!?!?])

When I was 26, I had a 34" waist. I'm wearing a girl's 14 now.

Don't give up, your future is not filled with flab.

- MM
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I am still a little conflicted about exactly how my workouts are going to change. Now that I am getting out of the military and will be dressing regularly, I'll probably do more cardio to lose weight but I have worked how to get as strong as I am at the moment and wouldn't necessarily want to lose all that. I guess it comes with the territory; half the time I feel very masculine, the other half very feminine and submissive.

I have biceps, quads, lats and a big chest. I still wear frilly things. (Like my Avatar)

To me, it isn't about blending. I'm *never* going to blend. I do it anyway.

- MM

That is a good point mechamoose, though I would like maybe go out in public at some point in the future. I guess that's where my conflict is.

Fitness is a must for anyone.. as belladdresser wrote about squats and deadlifts- will give you a nice bubble butt and legs to die for. My SO gives me a problem with her constant picture taking of my lower end which could pass better than alot of GGs- But from the rib cage up Too thick in the back and lats although i can fill out a bra pretty good without any help. Seriously my knees do not bother me at all and neither does my back because of deadlifts,/squats. And a spin bike is the ticket if you are an ex runner with knee/ ankle issues. the fluid motion is non impact on the joints and keeps legs, hips and heart healthy.

and the longer I'm on this forum, the better I feel about myself and being a cd...we're not so different after all. Thanks to all of you!
    Last edited by karen inside; 02-11-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    Most GG's don't get that big. Kinda hard to blend.

- MM
    You think I would try to blend at this height? LOL No I'm way past that, but it doesn't mean I won't try to maintain some semblance of femininity in my appearance.
    No not try at all would not feel right and wouldn't make me feel good either as a guy or as a gal.

And yeah, doorways are an issue in heels, banged my head a few times Hahahaha.
    Samantha -x-