Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets Ban Trousers

Aspiring Member
    Hummm... I have to agree that trousers should not be worn by us ladies.

Personally, I prefer the dresses I have in my wardrobe... a good portion of which are long, skinny dresses where two of them have been sewn together at the crotch. I call these Drowsers.

Yes, no where will you find those dreadful men's things called trousers in my closet.

What a wonderful debate. Reminds me of an old Star Trek episode.

Aspiring Member
    You want the freedom to dress however you want but won't afford others this selfsame liberty? While it warrants acknowledgement that many of us as CDs choose skirts over trousers, to put a ban on trousers on women is no different from the implicit general ban against skirts (discounting kilts and sarongs) that we all 'violated' by virtue of this choice.

Banned Read only
    Did you ever see June Cleaver or Harriet Nelson wear pants or trousers or whatever you want to call two legged outer garments. Nope. Never. Personally if I'm ever going to be caught dead in female attire it's going to be in a nice tasteful dress, heels and hosiery. If a female is going to wear "pants" that's OK with me as long as the view stirs me...I see some pretty hot looking women with very nice to look at assets at the mall and elsewhere.

The only real exception I can think of for women to wear "pants" is to ride horses and provide buffalo meat for the table. Riding side saddle in a dress would be awkward when hunting buffalo.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 01-12-2016 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling

If wearing slacks / leggings / jeans (skinny or whatever) or any other form of "trousers" floats your "cross dressing boat" then that's fine. Go for it! As for me, I can't see the point in wearing any form of 'trousers' on any of the few days that I have the opportunity to wear a dress or a skirt.
    Whatever makes you happy!

Just occured to me that a lot of "Lesbians" wear trousers. Nothing wrong with Lesbians or trousers,
    I hasten to add, just I dont want to be mistaken for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Did you ever see June Cleaver or Harriet Nelson wear pants or trousers or whatever you want to call two legged outer garments. Nope. Never. Personally if I'm ever going to be caught dead in female attire it's going to be in a nice tasteful dress, heels and hosiery. If a female is going to wear "pants" that's OK with me as long as the view stirs me...I see some pretty hot looking women with very nice to look at assets at the mall and elsewhere.

The only real exception I can think of for women to wear "pants" is to ride horses and provide buffalo meat for the table. Riding side saddle in a dress would be awkward when hunting buffalo.
    Your also referring to TV characters from the 50's and 60's, and that was common apparel for that era. Times and fashions change, in today's world women wear pants just as normal clothing. There's absolutely nothing wrong for women and crossdressers to wear pants.

Oh Allison, can't you appreciate a nice pair of trousers with nice heels? Look at Tracii G! Lighten up......

Q. Is pants singular or plural?
    A. Singular at the top, plural at the bottom.

OK. Seriously.
    Trousers just don't do it for me. Skirts excite me. When I see a pretty one, I pant. If it's really short, I pant again.

And that's a pair of pants.......

By saying women should not wear pants, isn't that essentially forcing a fashion norm on someone. That's just like saying men should not wear skirts!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think she is trying to start an argument honestly by posting something like this.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    For the record, Allison never said women should not wear trousers/pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Sorry, but this is rather narrow-minded. Clothes should match the occasion.
    ^this. The possibility that skirts are attire that can cover all things, is nuts.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Omg! Really?????

My SO wears pants suits to work all the time, she's either a CDer or a lesbian I guess!
    This whole idea that pants are men's clothing is so F'ing stupid thinking.
    Clothing designers spend bank on designing trousers for women!
    Do you not get out much? I propose that you get out of your house, take a drive to town, and find yourself a comfortable seat in a busy area. Open your eyes and count how many women you see in skirts, or dresses, and how many are wearing pants.

And Chantal, you have good point, maybe Allison wants a complete ban on trousers?
    Men's wear included ! That would make more sense on a crossdresser's forum I guess.
    Can you believe these ridiculous looking CDing lesbians would be seen in public?
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Haha you got my point! Thought for sure no one would have without me spelling it out LoL

Enough now...

...You'll all be kept in at playtime...

Until the next time...

Thread closed

Katey