Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Ban Trousers

Banned Read only
    I just can't ' do' a dress, no style sense...I rocked this look at the mall and just got beat up (literally) ��

images-27.jpg

I think I 'blend' better in jeans, rather get 'hit on' than just...hit ��

images-25.jpg

Cool. What other decision can you make for me? (Actually isn't making decisions for others sort of a man thing as well?) But Katey I mean that in the most humorous manner...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Said I wouldn't touch this thread but maybe some of us just don't have a skirt,hose and heels fetish. There I said it and I'm proud!!

Silver Member
    I've got an idea, let's not allow crosdresser to do anything that modern women do, like wear dungarees, vote, own land, etc. In fact science need to figure a way to get 'em knocked up, take away their shoes an relegate them to the kitchen. We can then enforce the wearing of bustles, force them to make lye soap and darn stockings!

Ooh I forgot, what about Victorian Era pataloons? But I guess boy shorts are right out, I mean boy is right in the name!
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 01-11-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Banned Spammer
    I was thinking of wearing skirt tomorrow but now its going to be jeans and tube top.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison_CD View Post
    Lets Ban Trousers.

I see numerous photographs of CrossDressers wearing Trousers.
    Trousers are Male attire.
    OK Allison, I'll play along.

Assuming they are male crossdressers: If you know and admit they are crossdressers and you have pictures of these known crossdressers wearing trousers and if we know that crossdressers wear feminine attire, then the trousers must be female trousers or they would not be crossdressing. Right? So trousers cannot simply be male attire if crossdressers wear trousers when they crossdress.

Hell-o Allison

I'm sorry, but I have to vote NO on you trousers ban.
    You may not be a fan of women wearing them, but you have to be
    able to see the differences between men's and women's styles.

This pic oughta send Karen straight to thearapy.
    Or possibly into a denim induced coma!

Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Spammer
    You go Kristyn !!!! Tell it like it is home girl.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Men wear trousers, women wear slacks. Everyone wears jeans and most people that do shouldnt wear stretch pants. What is it with the women should only wear skirts thing? I just dont get it, walk around my town and you would be hard pressed to find many women in skirts. Even in an office environment most ladies are wearing pants.
    Erica

Wearing clothes that society or someone dictates is what make me cross.
    If I choose to wear pants or a skirt and it makes me happy,
    the I am a happy dresser, not a cross dresser.

Now I am in a work uniform, Very cross Dresser.

Just sayin.........
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Considering that Norman men wore braces (kind on legging underpants), Hose (thigh length socks) and tunics that went down to their knees (I.e. colourful and embroidered mid thigh to knee length dresses). It could be argued that dresses are indeed male attire... I do believe that the 1746 Dress Act actually banned Scottish men from wearing Kilts due to the events of the Jacobite rebellion. Again the difference between a kilt and skirt is described modernly as whether or not something is worn underneath the kilt... I have to admit, wearing a skirt to drive is like driving in just underwear as for me it, a skirt rides up and leaves just my bare legs on the seat...

Me, jeans maybe. But prefer mini skirts with top or knee length dress.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    So....you're calling Hillary a crossdresser?
    We never see her wearing a blue dress. Odd?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Okay, so my dictionary tells me that 'trousers' are "an outer garment covering the body from the waist to the ankles, with a separate part for each leg.", so I guess that includes leggings &I'm not gonna give THOSE up

This is pretty funny.

My counter-proposal...

Skirts and dresses are overrated for many occasions. Let's let women (and those in these pages) wear what they want, including pants, slacks, leggings, jeans, etc. If a CD'er wants to run around town overcooked for the occasion/time/place/event/weather/etc by wearing a dress, who am I to try and stop that person???

Just as who are you to say I cannot run around town in pants, slacks, leggings, jeans, etc?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I enjoy wearing my girl jeans as they are comfortable and sexy all at the same time

Lilly x

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Case proven.

Aspiring Member
    Let's ban boxers! They're a sort of trousers, albeit with very short legs. Named either for followers of the Society of Righteous and Harmonious Fists in ca. 1900 China or an alleged sport in which two large men attempt to concuss each other's brains, they seem to be an altogether useless article of attire, a ghastly garment.

Proper underpants have only openings for one's legs, not legs themselves. And they should be of silky fabrics, perhaps trimmed with lace, and in perky colors.

I've seen men wearing silky boxers in public. They're quite tall and seem to enjoy flinging a large round ball into baskets mounted on poles.

Kristyn, I think your photograph proves Allison's point. Those ladies don't look happy, now, do they? Put 'em in skirts and watch the smiles break out...

Banned Spammer
    I don't see this thread lasting very much longer.
    Wear whatever you want but don't tell people what they HAVE to wear.

I did say, keep it humorous...

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome.
    Allison - are you seriously accusing the active forum members of groupthink and therefore desiring harmony..??? Hardly, in my history here, have I encountered a broader group with a wider range of very strong opinions...

Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.
    But nobody's actually making any sort of decision here - it's just opinions, dear... those individualistic brain-farts that emerge as beliefs and that we're all entitled to... and if anyone seems to be 'suppressing dissenting viewpoints', it's you...

Case proven.
    Hardly...?? Look, I rarely wear trews or jeans (but I think wearing to blend or just because you like to is totally valid) but to make a point I feel a picture is worth a few hundred words at least - I know these are jeans, but I don't think I'm looking too manly here...

KT10.47g.jpg

...and certainly not feeling it...

The one thing I have learned in time here is how diverse are our tastes, styles, environments and desires... and long may that be so...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'll break the code. Are you looking forward to Hallowe'en this year Allison? You can be a bitter old witch .
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

GG/SO of a CD
    Little did you all know, I didn't join this forum to support my husband. I did it to get support for myself. I am a female crossdresser.

Which according to many sentiments about jeans here means I have an affliction that needs to be cured. Hopefully my husband will accept me and the fact that I wear jeans.

NOW THAT seems backwards.
    ~Greenie

Supportive wife to a wonderful man who just so happens to like to be fabulous some times.

Banned Read only
    Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Case proven.
    A lot of words yet not one thing is said. You made a statement and people countered that statement. Those counter statements weren't to your liking so now you're trying to distract with some psychological babble in order to make yourself look smart.

I'm beginning to think this has something to do with another of your threads where you accused members of complimenting someone just so they could seek favor with that person. Or rather I think it goes beyond that. Did no one compliment you? Did no one say how pretty you were? *shrug* Oh well.

Silver Member
    I say, let's stop feeding the troll, it's getting what it wants, anger and negativity. Reminds me of an old Star Trek episode.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    I say, let's stop feeding the troll, it's getting what it wants, anger and negativity. Reminds me of an old Star Trek episode.
    You mean the one where the old man tries to kill his mostly robotic right hand mans son with lightening that comes out of his fingers?