Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are your female mannerisms out of control?

Aspiring Member

Are your female mannerisms out of control?

Recently I've been out to dinner several times with a good GG friend who does not know about my crossdressing.

Anyway, some day I will get up the courage to come out to her, but meanwhile I've noticed myself doing something without thinking when I'm around her.

I have been making feminine, girl like gestures. Placing my hand on my heart, holding my hands in a feminine way, even walking like a girl and making subtle head movements like a girl. Even accidentally using girly language: "Oh, that is a darling pair of earrings you're wearing."... Ooops!

I've done this in private - when I practice my female mannerisms - but now my girl side is coming out on its own.

I am now doing this naturally... and it's out of control.

I know my friend is a little puzzled by this, although she hasn't commented on it.

However, I realize now that my feminine side is becoming a real part of who I am and it is expressing itself even when I'm in drab.

And I've even started exploring the idea of replacing the diamond studs in both my ears with something even more feminine.

Guys wear earrings... right?

Anyway, is this happening to any of you?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like you are trying to get caught and you like the idea of being caught.

Aspiring Member
    Traci, I've thought that as well. I've already come out to a number of friends about my CDing and that I'm bisexual - and in all honesty... I hate the subterfuge. It is a relief to be around people who know and treat me as they always have. I just hope everyone else will be the same when the big day comes.

You know, I think that all of us who freely post our pictures here and elsewhere are subliminally wishing to be discovered and just get it over with and face the music - so to speak.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If those are your mannerisms its all good I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandie70 View Post
    You know, I think that all of us who freely post our pictures here and elsewhere are subliminally wishing to be discovered and just get it over with and face the music - so to speak.
    I've posted a few pics here and have had that question in my mind as to "why" I would put something up on the internet. I don't consciously want to be "outed" for sure, but my mind has thought that perhaps there is something deeper going on with joining up here.

To your original point, I keep my female mannerisms pretty under wraps, though when I think no one is looking I do pull my elbows in a bit and work on my female walk.....

Banned Read only
    I've thought about your query. It seems most, if not all, of the feminine/female mannerisms I've adopted are a part of functionality.

When wearing my wigs I sometimes have to wisp away a stray hair from my face. Male mode? Short hair on the side and not much on top.

When I'm wearing a dress I smooth the dress on my rump before I sit down. No need to do that wearing pants.

Walking in three inch heels kind of forces me to take shorter strides.

In think for me when I am in male mode I'm pretty much thinking and acting like a male.

In female mode I seem to just glide into it. I never think of myself as a cross dresser when in female mode. I am not a female impersonator. If one is of the opinion that there are always two psychological beings in one's inner self, then I feel it one can let the other out of her cage once in awhile. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else.

I haven't caught myself crossing my knees when wearing male pants. Wearing a dress? I'd say that does take some conscious effort to cross my legs at the knee and not sit with my legs wide open. Then again, in male mode I try not to splay my legs all over because I take up too much floor space. My wife constantly reminds me to "get your feet out of the way."

Well, in french we have the possibility to speak in female gender So sometimes when I am with TG we can speak in female gender...
    And sometimes, at work or with my family, it may happen to me to speak in female gender but I am not sure that I have female gesture.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-13-2016 at 01:40 PM. Reason: tsk tsk...no questioning mod decisions

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Long since stopped worrying about this one. The only person who ever comments is my wife. If we are out and I am doing girly mannerisms laugh etc.

In my own thoughts if I'm telling my self off or some thing like that, I will say some thing like Jane you stupid B#t#h. I seldom think of myself in my male name any more. It's been a very gradual thing over decades, not some thing I have deliberately learned, just something picked up over time.

However, I realize now that my feminine side is becoming a real part of who I am and it is expressing itself even when I'm in drab.
    Sounds like it's been more than just 'a part' of you for a long time. 'IT'S' not expressing 'IT'S' self, you're expressing YOUR self.
    And I've even started exploring the idea of replacing the diamond studs in both my ears with something even more feminine. Guys wear earrings... right?
    Feminine earrings. Uh, yes, sure. It's all the rage today. Guys wear fem earrings all the time, why, I saw the whole NBA wearing them. Right. While playing in heels. Of course. Nothing unusual about that at all. And I'm sure all the execs at work will be wearing evening gowns tomorrow instead of suits.

You're only kidding yourself. Which is fine. Living in the pink fog is great. Lots of us get stuck there from time to time. But don't confuse it with reality.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    LOL... Actually Lexi, I was joking about the women's earrings while in drab. However, I have thought about some very tiny hoops... something I've seen quite a few men wearing - even in both ears. Harrison Ford wears a hoop, although just in the left ear. I have both ears pierced, so they would be in both. I've mentioned to some friends that I am thinking of taking on more of a pirate look...(lol).

When i am dressed i do act more female .Which i only do in private i try to make sure i act as a guy on the outside .I just do not anyone to know
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Yes, I experience those unnecessary female gestures when in male mode. I have always crossed my legs like a woman long before I ever started crossdressing. I also have some femme gay mannerisms too. You don't think that you do them but then a real un-posed picture of yourself tells the truth! LOL

If the mannerisms are yours and you are not forcing them I think you are just being gender fluid and nothing wrong with that in my view

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    Well, in french we have the possibility to speak in female gender ( So sometimes when I am with TG we can speak in female gender...
    And sometimes, at work or with my family, it may happen to me to speak in female gender but I am not sure that I have female gesture.
    Same thing in Spanish. And I have to consciously remember to do it because I don't need to speak it much when I'm dressed (none of my friends who also speak it know about Jennifer).

As for the mannerisms I have the opposite problem. They're not as automatic as I'd like them to be when I'm en femme.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-13-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Reality Check
    I suppose I'm not as seriously into this as some people because I have not tried to acquire "feminine mannerisms".

I do think though, if you try to act like a female when dressed as a male, people will notice and think you are gay. That's fine if it's OK with you. If not, you need to learn how to turn these mannerisms on and off at will.

Feminine mannerisms do not stand out with me, but my mouth does. I can't count the times, that both, men and women ask me how did I know so much about this or that female related issue. Just last week I was talking to a few women about fingernails and polish. A husband of one of the women ask me how did I know so much about nails, polish, pedicures and manicures. I told him I enjoyed having both done and even explained how much they helped. The women joined in and almost flogged him to death with words. I just smiled.

Aspiring Member
    Actually, I am all right with some people thinking I might be gay. If so, they are at least half right (lol).

Unfortunately, coming out as gay or bisexual (gender fluid) is much more acceptable than coming out as a crossdresser. The public needs both more education on crossdressing and more exposure to us. Hopefully, the day will come when people accept us as a normal presence in their world.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    ...coming out as gay or bisexual (gender fluid)...
    You know that bisexual does not equate with gender fluid right?

I used to always wear 4 silver hoops and one "diamond" stud in my ears in drab. Which is to say, pretty much fulltime from 16 -~40-something. 24 hours a day, even.

Lately, I've taken to just wearing some Mickey Mouse studs in either drab or fab mode. If I want extra girl power, I put some danglies in my lower holes. So, I say go for it with the hoops

Silver Member
    I am conscious when dressed, of my normal, male mannerisms and do not worry too much about them. Although I usually try to sit, walk, and carry myself in a more feminine manner when dressed, as much as possible, I do not find the feminine attempts surfacing when in male mode.

Not my mannerisms but every once in a while I'll make a comment about a women to someone I or in a group and was told it was odd.

Like a few months ago an attractive woman came into where I worked and after she left I said something like "Wow, what a nice dress" or "I loved here hair"

Most guys would say "Did you see her breasts?"

My wife has said she has noticed that I comment on women's hair allot. OOPS LOL
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I have allot of, what would be considered, feminine mannerism's I've been told. Mostly by my wife. Things like I sit with my legs curled up under me on the sofa. Or as an example. When watching the golden globes the other night. My wife asked me who won some category. I looked at her and said " I don't know. I'm only watching for the dresses ". For the record it was Sylvester Stallone. Won something or other for creed. I also seem to know about the fashion of past shows then the talking heads do on E. I subscribe to instyle magazine. I have no qualms about entering a conversation about fashion or the plus and minus's of red lip stick and routinely give makeup advice to people.

I think in the end. I've been doing all these things for so long. I don't even know info them. My wife says I am the same person no matter what gender I am preparing as. Very little changes about me in the end that isn't present in everything else I do.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Read only
    Hi Sandie, I'm most often in fluid mode so femme manerisms kinda work. That said though I can usually 'reel' them in when needed - sometimes maybe a little too much though and I act like an ass (oh, really 😉 )

I must say that I'm far more feminine than I was. But when I have to, like I had my truck at several garages as I'm putting it back on the road. Long hair, sparkly earrings, long fingernails. Yet was accepted okay by the good ole boys who didn't even look at me cross-eyed while taking to me and shaking hands. So, hopefully I was more male then. But I worry now that I'm going down the rabbit hole.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    My mistake in how I used the term, Nadine. Of course bisexuality is about attraction to both sexes, not your gender identity.

But since I tend at times to consider myself gender fluid - and am definitely bisexual - for right or for wrong I have a tendency to fuse the two terms together in my mind. Sometimes I even wonder if I should be using the term pansexual - since this term overlaps somewhat with bisexual and might better describe me?
    I really don't know.

It can get confusing at times.

There are so many new terms that have come into use in recent years, I think even us crossdressers get confused as to what to call ourselves.