Thread: A difficulty with long hair

A difficulty with long hair

I like nothing better when away with work to spend my evenings as Lucy and always go out for dinner, the one problem I keep encountering is my inability to eat an meal without trying to eat my long hair. I don't want to tie my hair back as it would lessen the look but it is a bit annoying to find how often you need to discreetly pull the edge of your hair out from a fork full of food. Is it just me?

Banned Read only
    Nope. Short of tying it back it's something long haired people have to deal with.

Try tucking it behind your ear. Or pushing it all behind your neck to the side not using the fork.

Reality Check
    Why don't you observe some long haired women eating and see how they deal with it. Maybe you are tilting your head down too much.

Yup, I keep eating my hair too... tying it back or hair spray is the only thing I can think of...

Sit up straight and don't lean over your plate. That will keep your hair from encountering your fork too often.
    Or as was suggested, tuck it behind your ear.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I also have the same problem .I just tuck it behind my ears and deal with it im thankful to have my hair
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I have long hair too and like others have suggested, try tucking it behind your ear, it has worked for me and I haven't eaten any hair at all.
    Ellie May 😘

There are some very cute hair accessories out there that work just as good as tucking behind the ear if not more. On a lighter note I love when I have to adjust my hair with the one or two finger comb back and head tilt. The things we do!
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

The Longer it gets the worse it gets,lol,, You just have to find your own style and way of moving and living with it and around it,, You can see how long mine is and it took some time to get used to it and adjust yourself,, Another big thing is the weather,, If the wind is blowing or it's raining that makes you choose how to wear it also.

Sometimes I just put it in a Bun and wear a Hat to cover it up,, Most time it's in a ponytail high and Tight,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

hi Lucy,

giggle.. my girlfriend munches on her hair by default each time we go out for dinner
    Her solution is to move the hair over to one side with a large easy hair clip, you'll still have the lenght but only have to worry about one side..

ps, she looks cute each and every time doing that

I really don't have any tips. My hairstyle is either shoulder length or a layered style with shorter hair framing my face and longer hair along the side and back. Tends to stay out of the way while i eat.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Barrettes do a fine job of keeping my hair out of the way when I eat.

Take the time sometime to watch how GGs with long hair 'tame' it while eating! All sorts of strategies are employed e.g. tucking it behind one or both ears (repeatedly), tie it back in a pony tail (then let it loose between courses and tie it back again when it gets in the way, throw it all over one shoulder (again repeatedly, cos it doesn't stay there). Some girls, especially the teens /twenties seem to be continually 'messing' with their hair. My wife's preferred 'hair tamer' is a hairband (until it begins to hurt behind her ears, at which point it goes into her handbag / the door pocket of the car / my pocket / gets twirled around in her hand.

Back in the early 70s I had hair past my shoulders, as all of us good hippies did. One day I was driving down the street and it was getting a little cool so I rolled up my window. As I turn my head I realized I had rolled up half my hair in the window.

As good as it looks, longhair is a pain in the butt!
    Cara