Thread: Something amused me during my hospital stay

Wink Something amused me during my hospital stay

A few days ago i had to be rushed to the hospital because i was having a heart attack.I got transferred to another hospital for immediate surgery.(A stint was put in my major artery was clogged and gave me a heart attack.)when i was in my hospital gown it came to my knees and tied on the side.It reminded me of wearing a dress when i was allowed to walk around i walked like i was wearing one of my dresses.When i sat down i tucked the gown like a dress and kept my knees together got in and out of bed like i was in a dress i did all of this out of habit.I dint even realize i was doing this until one of the nurses gave me one of those knowing looks.When i realized what i was doing i started laffing to myself and though crossdressing pays off again.
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Silver Member
    Brandie - So sorry you had a heart attack. I hope all is well and appreciate your humor.

You should do well in recovery. You had a heart attack and your mind turns to the good times in a dress. That bright side thinking will serve you well. Thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery!

Banned Read only
    OK, seriously, heart attack, I'm sincerely glad you're here writing this thread Brandie!

I get to go for a check up every 6 months myself to a rather 'grimm' but nice place and I love being able to be 'me' with absolutely no one passing a negative look...it's actually a confidence booster! 😀

thanks all my sence of humor as gotten me threw allot.i am young to be having one im only 39

Brandie I can totally see were your coming from. I have a non curable cancer that I been living with for 8 years now and HUMOR is everything.

I hope your recovery goes well

Platinum Member
    Hi Brandi, It's been said that Laughter is the best Medicine. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandie.n View Post
    ...........When i realized what i was doing i started laffing to myself........... crossdressing pays off again.
    I'm glad to hear that they zeroed in on the issue and corrected it. May you have a speedy recovery.
    Keep up the laughter.
    Oh, and isn't funny how CD skills manifest themselves in daily situations!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

thanks all i believe in the healing power of laughter!!!
    I never noticed my cd skills manifesting in my day to day life until that day.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    First off, thank God it is only requiring a stent! Bypass surgery sucks!

When I did cardiac rehab a little over a year ago, I appeared nervous to the hot nurse who was waiting for me to pit on the monitor. I was trying to make sure that as I put it on, I did not accidentally expose my lace waistband to her. She casually asked me if I needed help, and not to be embarassed, be ause she had already seen me in the hospital wearing a "dress."

Thanks everybody for the well wishes.Allison i have to do the rehab but i have no idea what it is

Brandie, glad your on the recovery side. I too had the same thing happen 3 months ago. They stint you through the wrist or groin?

I got attacked by a magpie while riding my bicycle. Magpies in Australia when in season are angry birds and attack everyone. Anyway I came off my bike and hit a tree with my shoulder and was in much pain. A witness stopped and called the ambulance. I was fine but had to sit in the ambulance for the paramedics to check my shoulder wasn't broken. Problem was I had a sports bra on under my riding shirt, so as I removed my shirt I said, don't laugh. To the credit of the paramedic he was professional and didn't say a word. More made a joke that I was wearing a black riding shirt the same colour as the magpie.
    So have learnt these professionals at hospital and on road don't judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    Brandie, glad your on the recovery side. I too had the same thing happen 3 months ago. They stint you through the wrist or groin?
    they went threw my groin my artery was 97% clogged.havent been to rehab yet

I got attacked by a magpie while riding my bicycle.
    You should consider a career in standup comedy.

Been there done that lol