Thread: I love woman's fashions, big time but can men's fashions be fun too

I love woman's fashions, big time but can men's fashions be fun too

I love woman's fashions, big time and have crosses-dressed for fifty years.

I've always envied that girls can go from no makeup and pants to full makeup, dresses, and hair anything goes but men seem to be very limited in what's except-able.

Since I, like a lot of us crosses-dressers aren't excepted by our SOs, can men's fashions be fun too, I haven't tried at all over the last 40 years to be a sexy man.

I'm not saying I don't love crosses-dressing! I'm just wondering if dressing as a sexy man could be fun. That's if I could do it.

When I dress as a woman I'm trying to look sexy, and when I look in the mirror sometimes I think I do, and yes it can be a turn on.

When I dress as a man I'm not trying to turn myself on so I put no effort in looking good.

Can you relate?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    Great post Judy. I'm not gay myself (no problem with that at all, just not me) and I do kinda turn me on en femme , I'm OK with that. I imagine a lot of lipstick lesbians are as well.

As a 'guy' I was very much into fashion, but the look is completely different en femme....

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Guy-me appreciates a nice suit, sharp tie, pocket square and fedora.

Aspiring Member
    I'm overdressed as a guy as well! Was brought up to dress smartly, so most of my male wardrobe is collared shirts, and I avoid flip-flops outside the pool despite their rampancy in Singapore. Bow ties are cool as well but I don't seem to see any regular occasion for them. I would suppose dressing smartly does bring one considerable confidence. At least that's what I'm told and what I've felt.

Now that said it's relatively easier for me to squeeze out a sexy female image than a sexy male image (not that either are easy mind you) given my small physique. I'm pretty far from being a hunk, and way too dorky to pull off the 'pretty boy' aesthetic.

In all fairness however, I try harder to look like a hot girl than a pretty boy. But maybe that's because physically I'm undeniably a boy, so that's half the battle down.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 01-14-2016 at 02:14 AM.

The only male outfits that seem sexy to wear are my tuxedo and my kilt with a formal jacket

Platinum Member
    Hi Judy, I always take pride in my male appearance and it goes without saying about my female appearance . ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I found nothing appealing about men's wear.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yeah, me neither, Jamie. Once, a long time ago, I went to a haberdashery determined to be fitted properly in a tailored suit.
    They measured and pinned and chalked away trying to correct my awkward shoulders and then just conceded that the best fit was off the rack.
    Now, the only suit I own is dubbed 'the funeral suit' and it's just not pleasant to attempt getting boy hot.
    But, when it comes to glamming it up girly style. I just can't get enough!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Silver Member
    Dressing as a woman involves a lot more than a dress and shoes. There are so many elements of a woman's ensemble which can be sexy: accessories, pantyhose, jewelry, hairstyle, perfume, nails, etc. It is so different for men. They usually pick out suit (or shirt and pants), add shoes (brown or black) and comb their hair. Much simpler. But maybe not sexy as you described. Maybe accessories are the key to feeling different.

It depends on what your going for in Male mode. Are you wanting the latest fashion? Wanting to mix it up with some feminine items?

In male mode Monday through Friday I dress as boring as possible cuz there are only dudes at work and I don't wanna impress anybody. Male me weekend only thing different is I like to wear fitted jeans n button ups and do my hair. That's about all I can do I that comes to mind in male mode. Have worn suits a couple times they make me feel good too.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    For me it's about the feel of the fabrics, good design and workmanship, the colours and the style- and those things (can) all apply to male clothes as much as female. If you're worried about image, then obviously you're not going to wear Prada, but Ralph Lauren make lovely men's clothes in soft fabrics, in a homespun style that doesn't scream gay. Not cheap, but then neither are quality women's fashions.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Looking good is looking good. If someone doesn't wish to present full time in female clothing as they might wish, then it makes absolutely no sense to whine about guy clothes.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

With regard to men`s fashion I conclude that it is very drab and boring.

Julie.

Men's wear for the most part is drab and boring. The flow, fit, and fabric of women's wear is what I really enjoy. There is men's wear that also has the flow, fit, and fabric but is best left to gigolo's and Italian playboys. If I showed up in that kind of attire in PDX it would be assumed I was headed to a costume party.
    Live and let dress.

Some men's fashions are a little fun I suppose. But overall it's boring, hasn't changed much and is extremely limited. Everyday it's either shirt or sweater and jeans or t-shirt and shorts. Women are so lucky to have such diversity.

Dressing up drab for me is, nice shoes, dress shirt, nice leather jacket and pants / other than jeans - sure it's nice but the results are always the same. ......there is so much more to dress en femm and so much more enjoyable; drab is just plane that where a ladies finery and presentation is the most enjoyable and ever so much more fulfilling ..................................Debra

Silver Member
    I own one suit, which everyone says I look good in, but I hate wearing it. It feels completely foreign to me. I also have over two dozen dresses, appropriate for many different situations, and I love them all.

You hafta admit, there's not much range in mens clothes. You got your pants, shirt and maybe a jacket. That one format covers everything from play time to presidential inaugurations. There's so much more variety in women's clothing it's no contest. There's so much variety out there that sometimes it's hard to find just the right outfit, but when you do, it feels amazing, like you really accomplished something great. At least, that's my experience. I think I now understand Retail Therapy. I got no such feeling when I have to buy men's clothes.

I used to like buying mens' clothes. Admittedly, looking back, I probably tended to pick more feminine styles (i would have said they were 'fashion forward' and there were only so many different check shirts a man could own) .

Since I started buying dresses etc I find the mens section oddly incapable of engaging my attention. Try as I might, I. just. keep. drifting.... back to the womens section. I used to pick up menswear sale bargains in the January sales, but this year I haven't bought anything. I have tried really hard, but it's just soooo boring.