Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfume

You know, perfume is something I have never chased. The only scent I have ever worn is something called 'Satyr Oil'.

Hmm. interesting blind spot.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I have occasionally used perfume, lightly dabbed in the right locations so that I can get an occasional glance of the scent as I work through my day dressed in male drab while underdressed. It exciting.

Scents like 'Flower Bomb' are not exactly subtle. I know the idea of a 'wistful scent' is desirable. Whatever our intentions are, our pheromones/hormones give us away. if what you are relying on is scent, THAT thing doesn't smell the same on us as they do on them, and we can't help that.

Chemistry, yo.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    ..doesn't smell the same on us as they do on them, and we can't help that.
    yes and no.. if you are lucky to have no/very light scent of your own (so masking is not the issue) but still have a scent not giving the results you hope for on your body (because chemistry indeed is different on all)..

Why not try your scent of choise on clothing parts like a collar (the outside, not the side touching your body).
    Fair enough it won't always give the result you might want, but it might be an acceptable alternative.
    (and test it first on paper to see if it stains)

Or, if you're looking for just a hint.. spray some on your brush and run it through your hair.

x Tara

my favorite was Patchouli...but we're talking the late 70's early 80's here....

Hi All

Like Sandie White Diamonds does it for me. I am lucky to be full time and not have to worry about being given away any more.

Hugs Annette.
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

I love perfume!!!!! Channel No. 5!!
    Please call me Lisa!

I just commented today to my daughter that I've gone out so much as Ceera the past few weeks that both of my winter coats as well as my denim jacket are scented with Ceera's favorite perfume.

My preferred perfume right now is "Daisy Dream", by Marc Jacobs. A light floral scent that always gets complements, from both genders, when I wear it as Ceera. It was recommended to me by a sales lady at Macy's, when I said I wanted a light floral scent, like cherry or lilac.

I couldn't agree more.... It's become my personal form of "statement" no matter what mode I am dressed in...... I actually now wear Donna Karan's Black Cashmere (available on her website or NYC boutique) on during the work week, and Robert Piguet's Fracas on the weekends. Black Cashmere is, as the name suggests, dark incense woodsy which dries down really subtle, while Fracas is a knock-them-in-the-head tuberose (like Michael from Michael Kors)

Perfume is my absolute favorite finishing touch.
    I dont feel complete without it.

My faves include A very reasonable Avon scent called Far Away with is heavy on vanilla with floral undertones.
    Britney Spears Fantasy (the pink bottle one) is along the same lines but not as musky (or long lasting)
    Samantha -x-