Thread: Great Dressing Discovery for Exercise

brenda_s

Great Dressing Discovery for Exercise

As part of a new year's commitment, I have made an extra effort to exercise more. Exercise is not fun and I have to force myself to get on the treadmill for a half hour or more.

I also have what some of you call the "nylon gene." I enjoy wearing a quality pair of pantyhose. The comfort and support they offer is satisfying to me, not to mention that they make my masculine legs looks so much softer and more feminine. One day, I though to try wearing a pair of pantyhose under my workout shorts and t-shirt and doing a half-hour treadmill workout with the pantyhose on. What a difference! Not only does it seem to make the workout go faster, but the feeling of the nylon caressing the legs with each step is tremendous. Of course, I was home alone at the time...wife at work.

I have always been hesitate to "underdress" with pantyhose or other feminine things out of the fear that we all share. This small step may be a good one on the road to doing so more often.

Brenda

I disagree that exercise is not fun. I think the secret is finding your thing. You might try different things like swimming, cycling, martial arts, dancing,.... I don't know. For me it is running outside. While I too cannot last more than 15 minutes on a treadmill, I can go forever on the roads outside. And... actually when it is really, really cold, I do put on a pair of tights for my run.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Marital arts Sara? Oops, must re-read before posting . I never found running entertaining until in my mid-thirties whilst working in Saudi, where going to the gym was a welcome relief from the grim reality of the place.

Anyway, to the OP, I understand the joy of nylon against the skin but a bit sweaty for me during exercise. My head drips like a tap during major exertion and a mate once called me Patrick Sweaty, because of it. So having the family jewels encased in tights (pantyhose) would only exasperate the situation. Also, yuk or TMI moment coming, would my man part loose more weight due to the sauna-like environment he was forced to endure?

Becky
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-19-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post immediately preceding yours in full :)
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Although I accept it's an integral part of a healthy lifestyle, and understand it's benefits, I don't enjoy exercising. I view it as a necessary evil and similar to Becky, I also sweat profusely when I exercise. Don't know that it will help overcome my mental outlook or not, but I've thought about wearing "women's" shorts, sports bra, etc., while exercising. As much as I like the feel of nylon, just can't see me including pantyhose in that outfit.

Karen

Due to my arthritic knees my exercise is the stationary bicycle to keep knees loose and tone muscles to keep legs from bowing more than what they already are. I tend to wear leggings while petaling, they stretch and offer support and add some warmth which helps staying loose. I like watching the shopping networks fashion shows while exercising it makes the time fly by and takes my mind off of working out.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Yes,Brenda :
    I also have the Nylon gene,which has long since gripped me from my waist down to my toes. I love the feeling that pantyhose give me. I love to exercise, I also jog in pantyhose under my spandex pants.

I was literally about to start a thread on this.

I was in the city today getting a book for a college assignment and decided to get some 'active wear' in the hopes that doing something I don't like while being Sarah will make me do it more, otherwise it might backfire and I won't want to be Sarah for fear of exercise but then I can just call that a cure for trans
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I wasn't really commenting about exercising dressed. I was more commenting on the importance of exercise, and that it is fun if you can find your thing.

I am like you, I get hot really easy. I live in NY and I run in shorts and running shirt until January, and I usually run late at night. I lived almost a year near Toronto and there, during the winter, sometimes I would wear the combination of running pants and tights. The tights worked a lot better than long underwear. They were warm enough and did not retain moisture.

I love to swim, our local gym is almost deserted in the afternoons (I'm retired), but I don't have the nerve to hit the dressing room in pantyhose and a bra, nor the pool in a maillot. So I change at home from whatever girly thing I'm wearing into jeans over swimming trunks, then girl up again when I get home. It's a nuisance, but trivial against the almost complete freedom I enjoy everywhere else. So it's slithery fabrics before and after but not during. The lovely water flowing over my skin is enough.

For my other regular exercise, walking outside, in the winter it's always pantyhose or tights under whatever, not long underwear.

I find that if I don't exercise regularly, I don't feel well. I mix it up with gym, long walks and cycling. Its important for both physical health and mental health. We should all do it.

Sara said it well, you need to find what works for you. If you don't like it you're more likely to give up after a short while.

Your body is a machine and all the parts need to be used or they just rust. Although I do make my living off all you rusty types....

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Ok...admission number one. I used to wear Nike nylon running shorts and top when road running in the UK. A nice soft and easy feel.

It was Nike Air Max trainers that got me into running, as I'd suffered with impact injuries to my heels (heavy running style). Cured my problem and I ended up doing miles on the road or treadmill and my energy levels improved massively. When the lungs and heart play well together, life improves in all departments...if you know what I mean .

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 01-18-2016 at 06:02 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I don't like runs...
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Can't run on pavement anymore. Too much track back in college I guess. So agree you have to find out what you enjoy and for me that has become biking. Am not obsessive about it, but enjoy the road and the wind in my hair. Also GREAT opportunity to dress in women's bike gear with sports bra and forms and wig. With the bike helmet and sunglasses, no chance of being recognized. Once had the thrill of riding right toward a friend of mine and he never noticed. Kind of a double thrill of working out and being dressed in public all at the same time.

exersize? after a 14 hr work day and 55+ hrs a week. (my work week is only 4 days).

sleep is good.

but i also have bad joints, back, gave up riding a pedal bike--trouble breathing,.
    body in bad shape from having way too much fun, or was it the third car that hit me? or the second head-on accident.

I prefer the rowing machine myself... It does all the cardio that a treadmill and exercise bike do, just in half the time. You just need to get the setting that feels right for you and go through a full rowing motion (legs bent, leaning forward arms straight flowing through to legs straight, leaning back arms bent with rowing are to mid chest area)... Keep that going at a comfortable pace for a few minutes each day, completely impact free...

I wear footless tights to yoga class year round and while out power walking in the spring-summer-fall. The ones I like and wear most are black and semi-sheer. I will also wear tan hose under athletic tights when the weather calls for a little extra warmth. I don't find semi-sheer or sheer hose to be any hotter than no hose. It seems to me like the sheer material wicks away perspiration like the best athletic wear. And yes, wearing does help me get through the daily program.

I always go to the gym underdressed, and during the colder months I'm wearing leggings, though I was a little nervous about that at first.
    I like the feeling of my bra hugging me, it does spice up my workout a bit
    Stay inspired
    Amy