Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been outed because of this site?

Banned Read only

Anyone been outed because of this site?

Just wondering if anyone has been found out by family or friends because of this site or a similar one. I've finally gotten the courage to post photos of me along with writing a lot of things that I've never admitted out loud to anyone.

Platinum Member
    If you're worried because someone you know may be suspicious of you, then I would not post too many revealing details of your life in the only section open to lurkers. Keep your bio page free of information which may reveal you. But, you never know, the guy in the cubicle next to you may be a member.

If someone spots you on this site, it will be a two way street, why are they on the site? i wouldnt be too worried, like others said, just block faces. BIO etc.

Your avatar can be google searched. Do not use it on other sites.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    Not from this sight, but I was a "Present" for my Neighbors 95th birthday, @ Elks club with 500 in attendenceles birthday 2.jpg I came out of the LARGE box behind us ...
    JoanAz

It's why I'm extra careful in the main sections that are open to the lurkers.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

It hasn't happened to me but I remember 10 years ago when I was reluctant to post pics online because of this exact reason. I got over it and am glad because it's gone from pics to web cams. Of course there's always a chance you'll get busted and posting pics, personal details and cams all increase the chance of this happening. As with many things in life that you want, there is risk involved. You may want to evaluate your own situation and explore the risk/reward relationship. Of course this could be an emotional issue also, so it's hard to measure that. For me, it wouldn't be the end of the world and life would go on so therefore worth accepting the risk involved.

Silver Member
    I don't remember anyone blaming this site for being discovered by family or friends. But as everyone has warned, be very careful about you profile information and information you post. Pictures would probably be bypassed, with makeup, wig and female attire.

Not on this site.. but I do have an experience to share, the world is a small place sometimes.

My SO and I have an open relationship, which means a few times a year we'll be active on a dating website.
    She received a message from a colleague of mine (from another office) sending his greetings to me (mentioning my name).

Did he know her? No, and funny enough he didn't know me either.. by sheer coinsedence I had been chatting with one of his female colleagues a few weeks earlier, shared some holliday pictures and he saw them too during a lunch break, made the connection.

As I happend to visit that office the day after, I popped in to find him and said thanks for the greetings We ended up having a nice chat and funny enough I ended up giving him some dating advice too.. giggle.. but even if it had gone sour, I'm fine with that.. my relationship status is no secret (although I don't go around promoting it pro-actively).

For others, perhaps not so much.. so keep in mind the internet is open, oopsies do happen, and use common sense.

For instance, did you know if you put enough background surroundings in a photo, it can be searched and compared to find the exact spot you took that photo?

And also, did you know that most phones and cameras record information about your photo such as location, date, time, or even your name (depending on your device and settings).. there's plenty of (free) software to check and if needed remove that information.. but I find a lot of people don't know this.

Oh and last but not least.. deleting something like a photo from where you posted it does not automatically mean it's gone from the internet.. sort of like if you delete a photo of your computer, it does not mean it has gone.. with some effort it can return.

Not to scare anyone, but better to know

x Tara

outed....from here? No because 1) they would have to know you dress (and know what you look like dressed and what name you use unless your name here is your male name. and 2) Last night the bartender asked what my name was and googled me right there in the bar and got...more pictures of OTHER people than me (and I post a lot of pictures and there aren't a whole lot of Lori Leah's out there). And I don't keep my life hidden

Finding most people online who have secret lives (ie crossdressing) without certain pieces of information is not an easy task
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I seriously doubt someone could be exposed just because of a post ot pic her or any other forum for that matter. However I can share some of my own experience. Once i lost an external disc with a lot of pictures i had taken. Many while dressed and most certainly NSFW. (Well hidden but findable for an inquisitive enough one...) that was years ago and i remember digging thouroughly on the interwebs for any sign of them. None. Nada. Niente. I was severely paranoid for the first year or so. Then i remembered the world simply dont care fof you at all honey...

Banned Read only
    Google robots can collect avatars (for what they're worth) but nothing from behind the 'iron curtain'. Unless a Google robot became self aware and realized 'he' or 'she' was TG (ya, like REALLY self aware 😉 ) and signed up for an a account (and could figure out those funky robot proof captcha things)

you forgot the best part.. Robot's having to post truethfull messages

1. Hi, my name is Goo.. erm.. Giggle.
    I am new here because my wife Yaho.. erm.. Yihaa and I recently talked about my internet searching habbits after I left my laptop unattended one night, she found my browser open..

2. Hello fellow browsers, I hope you can help? although I know exactly what most men want to see, I really don't like showing them all they want.. so I generally make it hard for them to see my results.. should I be less conservative?

3. And so on
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-19-2016 at 12:29 AM. Reason: you don't need to quote post above yours

Never heard of such a thing ever happening while I have been here, very remote if you ask me. Post your photos and be proud of who you are and share your stories with us.

This is probably the last place on earth though to get your cover blown, alternatively if your are trying to stay in the closet you have found a safe haven as there are many here in there.

For me all the hinges fell off my closet door in 2015 and have no plans to repair of replace them, does not mean I have rented a billboard up along the highway making announcements, but it is something I just don't worry much about anymore if I am discovered or not.

Banned Read only
    OMG, LMAO Tara 😂I'll be on the lookout for that intro!

I am no longer worried much on here, but being forgetful at the library, is a bigger concern. I forgot a flash drive in one computer, and it was not turned in. Someone may have gotten a real shock or laughs.

i

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    OMG, LMAO Tara 😂I'll be on the lookout for that intro!
    me too

As it has been said before-what are they doing on this site?-unless. I am out in public almost every weekend and sometimes in the afternoon after work so if they want to find me they don't have to go far. It is kind of nerve racking the first few pictures posted, especially if you pretty much look the same in femme as in domme as I do. I know if I wasn't a CDer I would not be looking here.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica2009 View Post
    If someone spots you on this site, it will be a two way street, why are they on the site?
    The problem lies in that there are some here who want to be out, and want others to be out, too. So they might not think twice about referring to someone else's possibly being a crossdresser because they honestly don't see anything wrong with it. I do know that some people at work suspect certain others of being either gay or crossdressers, as they don't understand or want to accept that there's a difference.

So I try not to leave any obvious clues here as to who I am, or where I live. And certainly no pictures, oh no, none at all, anywhere.

Another possible mistake is having a CD presence on Facebook; if you don't sign out of Facebook, it will keep you 'active'. Then if you don't close your browser windows, that active tab can pick up your activity on other websites and suggest someone as a contact on facebook, and it's easy to click yes without remembering which ID you're using. Then, you're 'out' to that person, and perhaps others will pick up the potential friend notices as well. Social networks and websites (including Linked in) are very aggressive when trying to match you up with others that have ANY things in common. Lots of websites allow you to sign in under your Facebook, Disqus, Google+, Yahoo ID's (and others) and their cookies sometimes automatically sign you in when you go back there, so you have to be aware of the tiny notifications on their pages letting you know of that. Remember, once you agree to letting one of those sites share any of your information, they won't ask you again if they notice something new about your online behavior, because you've already agreed; they'll just take it.

Finding most people online who have secret lives (ie crossdressing) without certain pieces of information is not an easy task
    Yes, but it can be done. Pretty much anyone can join here. That done, you can search someone's posts, and take whatever info you can find there. Put parts together and google search for that. Everyone who is concerned about being outed should periodically see what such a search will turn up. A good detective could probably narrow down who I am, but it would take a lot of work to do so. Then, a few PM's to get a little more info and they'd have me. Fortunately, I can't imagine why anyone would want to; but it's possible to do.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-18-2016 at 11:44 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Really? You people have people out there who have nothing to do but put together little bits of information about you that can in some remote way "out" you as a crossdresser? Man, I'm glad I am a minion. Unless you have some sort of high profile life (politician, billionaire) OR (and this went away years ago)...a top secret governmental position that would compromise the security of your country I just don't see it as really that important to the world (ie I don't see your boss or pastor or the guy at Dairy Queen taking the time...OR Google)

But then again...I am just a cog in the wheel of of life.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

For those in the closet who share laptops etc. with their partners, I think it's more likely that you will accidently leave photos in saved drives before loading on this site. Or maybe not going online in 'incognito' mode and then not deleting your browsing history. Certainly I've read posts on this site where some of our members have been outed this way.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica2009 View Post
    If someone spots you on this site, it will be a two way street, why are they on the site?
    To spy? Anyone can join.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    2) Last night the bartender asked what my name was and googled me right there in the bar and got...more pictures of OTHER people than me (and I post a lot of pictures and there aren't a whole lot of Lori Leah's out there).
    Lori, I found you right away just with Lori Leah! I'm sending you a PM with your facebook page and your business website.
    Reine

I was sort of outed by this site, but not I the way you are referring.

This site gave me the courage to come out to my wife and all those that life in my house.
    As far as anyone else finding out because I am on this site, If they have found out
    I am not aware of it, And honestly at this point in my life, I really don't care of they do find out.

I have been on here over 10 years, and so far no problems.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

i think its nigh impossible for anyone to do that. I had no idea about this sight until i started specifically searching the web for my own needs. So why a non-TG person would even think of looking for this I have no idea. People are so focussed on their own lives, they just don't bother about "you".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    i think its nigh impossible for anyone to do that.
    It's quite possible. I had a stalker on google+/youtube. He/she figured out: how old I am, that I'm a CD/TG, my hobbies and approximately how deeply I'm involved in them, that I'm divorced, active on dating sites, educational status, narrowed down where I worked to a couple of companies, what position I might have held, where I live (down to the county), what I do for a living within a couple of occupations (as I had commented as knowledgable about several things so they figured out that I was most likely still working in one of those fields), and this was just by combining short comments on youtube videos over the years. I closed that account. The stalker? Judging by his writing and knowledge base, most likely a male, late teens, nerd type with a weird compulsion to collect a certain appliance. He didn't like me challenging his expertise. So he decided to find a way to discredit me by proving I wasn't an expert in that field (which I never claimed to be, I had just suggested that his fanaticism about a certain product, and assumption of it's greatness proved that he was a crackpot).
    So yes, people can put together lots of tiny bits of information to figure out who we are. Not all crackpots are ignorant, or stupid.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.