Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone been outed because of this site?

If that were to happen, they would have to explain what THEY were doing on this site.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I'd contend that I was first out to the world when I signed up at this site. In a sense of knowing I wasn't alone, and putting a public front for this side of me. That said, lurkers who simply nick your images for their own purposes aren't unheard of and are a genuine concern.

I just googled My name, it brought up tons of pictures of women, none of them me en femme. It also didn't find my avatar but I am thinking maybe the squiggles in front and behind my name helps with that, I could be wrong. having a facebook page or twitter account for your femme self will certainly increase the chances of someone you know finding your pictures since they criss cross all over the place.

Just posting them here and no where else though? it's unlikely but your never know, Renie did find lorileah's fairly easily but then again lorileah is probably on a few sites other than this one (an assumption here) and she is out openly about who she is so I am sure she doesn't care.

It's the admirers you have to worry about, especially the ones on youtube, they collect pictures here to make their compilation videos of CD's because I have watched one that had a couple of girls here in them. I should have saved it because I wanted to bring it to their attention but unfortunately I didn't.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I have been on this site for a long time I also have a face book page and I have never had a problem. Ithe FB page worried me for a bit but so far no problem. I think if some one ran across you here or on FB they won't say anything because, 1) they wouldn't be sure it was you, and 2) what are they doing here in the 1st place.
    We often see people with photos on this site and I know it is because they are paranoid, but they really is no need to worry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Silver Member
    This site is big reason for my DADT situation (for the better, i think). Many years ago I was visiting this site many times per day and I had no clue about a search history. Well my wife found it and ask me why i was here and with a dear in the headlights look i said "It interests me." She said nothing in reply, shut off the computer and we went to bed. One sleepless night by me and she has never brought it up again. i was too unsure of where I was at with it at the time to use the opportunity to discuss it.
    I don't need feedback about how I handled this from anyone who doesn't personally know me, my wife and my family, thank you.

I know the feeling and no I have not. The people I want/ would like to know that I cd already know. The other people who dont know probably will never know. I dont use this site around others and I dont really post pictures to this site, or the internet really. So I've never been outed by this site.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

Lori, I found you right away just with Lori Leah! I'm sending you a PM with your facebook page and your business website.
    aye BUT I want too be found. I am not in the closet, finding me isn't hard to do, especially on my professional business page.

Finding my ex-male identity would take more work, but not impossible as I have linked them several times. NOW finding someone here, who is closeted and uses a nom-de-plume is harder Linking them to their male side even harder yet. But like the post above, if someone googles my name, they will get a lot more people who AREN'T me mixed in

Edit: and I want to be found as an entertainer too...You will find me on a few bar websites where I perform
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-19-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    I just googled My name, it brought up tons of pictures of women, none of them me en femme. It also didn't find my avatar but I am thinking maybe the squiggles in front and behind my name helps with that, I could be wrong.
    I just googled my femme name and three pictures of me came up (my current and two previous avatars) along with loads of avatars of members of this site as well as the crossdressers.com logo. No one in the 'real world' knows my femme name so I think it's unlikely anyone will search for it in relation to me. I don't think many do, but anyone worried shouldn't use their real name.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica2009 View Post
    If someone spots you on this site, it will be a two way street, why are they on the site? i wouldnt be too worried, like others said, just block faces. BIO etc.
    As to why they are on this site... I'm sure there are some (if not many) on this site who have joined with the intention of 1) collecting pics and/or 2) of hooking up with a CDer.

I worry a little about picture collectors and using our images on other sites without permission. Not that I have posted any pinup pics of myself but I have seen some pics in the gallery that would make a CD admirer get more than just a tingly feeling in his special place.

I just googled my femme name and my avatar showed up first then about a dozen avatars of those on my friends list as well as many of the threads I've replied and been active on. It appears as though there is no other Sayyidah Neshama in the world... well, at least not on the interwebs. Not sure how I feel about that.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

The only threads that show up that members have posted in is those that are open for the public to see eg MtF, TS section not body issues.

It's quite simple if you don't want to be outed by this or any other site then don't use your real name and don't post any pics of yourself.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

i think people are outed here on a regular basis, not from people stumbling into info found here....when you first sign up you have notifications....thanks for joining CD.com, first friend request, first personal message, all send notifications to a members e-mail right.....

so if someone is too connected with theyre devices and theyre social media they may be unintentionally outed when those devices light up like christmas trees when they receive e-mails from CD.com....not being ready for them when those devices share that info with each other in the presence of friends, family, the GF or unknowing wife....i would say many that want to belong initially are spooked by this and dont participate after they join, just look at how many never post after the intro, lots of zeros....

so many sign up and you never here from them after, i understand having the notifications but it may be a deterrent to some who first join....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I'm on FB too. I've also googled both my full femme name (as per Facebook) and my moniker on here. I've found avatars of some of us, but not me! I've also found images of women who share my name, but not one image of me, either from here or FB. Perhaps I'm not entering the correct search term but...

Well.. Facebook is the only real no-no for me, because it's proven more then once to 'introduce' you to people you might know based on various of factors.. be very very carefull with that.

I'm pretty sure we've had members that have been accidentally outed to family through... errmm... inadequate IT understanding - just leaving the browser and logon details available...

I'm not aware of anyone that would be tracked down any other way... photos are the big thing - ESPECIALLY if you've posted a boy/girl pic and used the boy pic elsewhere... very bad indeed... (which is why you only get to see the real male me if you meet me... )

I'd screen all employee applicant pics through here - wouldn't it be great to be able to positively discriminate and have another guy to talk foundation and heels to at the water cooler or the smoking hutch...

Of course, we also probably have some folk here who aren't necessarily as authentic as they may want us to believe... one in particular is lighting up my radar over the past couple weeks...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I was really disappointed that I hadn't been outed by this site, so I attached my website in my signature .
    2729 visitors when I checked tonight.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 01-20-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    Thanks everyone for all the good info. I now remember how I had to be a new member for a few days to prove my sincerity before seeing the full site. The next time I dress up, I'll take some comparison pics for the boy/girl thread. I'm pretty IT savvy, so I don't worry about anyone finding this site in my history or seeing notifications pop up on my phone. Everyone here is so friendly and supportive. I wish we could all meet up for a girls night.

I do not think you could get outed by this site. Someone on this site would probably be a cross dresser too.

I have been concerned about being outed another way. I do not know if it is a real possibility. I am assuming sites like Facebook use facial recognition software. Then, someone wants to take a picture with me at a bar. They post it on their site. The software searches for the distance between the eyes, length of nose, etc. and I get tagged, and the tagged photo gets posted on my own Facebook page. For this reason I decline to get photographed by other people when I am out.

I almost outed myself on Facebook. I posted a picture of myself on my Stefani page and accidentally tagged my male profile. I quickly deleted it and blocked myself, which is kind of funny. I was worried for about a week, but after that I calmed down. No one noticed. I'm not worried about being outed on here. I have enough other sites for people to discover me and they haven't yet. If it happens, well I'll just have to deal with it.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    aye BUT I want too be found. I am not in the closet, finding me isn't hard to do, especially on my professional business page.
    Yes, I know this , but I was responding to your statement that the bartender couldn't find you. He mustn't have been very good at googling.
    Reine

Never been outed because of ANY site. Let alone one that requires membership before viewing photos.
    Samantha -x-

I just googled my name and got pages and pages of Dana44 parts and compared to Dana 30 and Dana 60. LOL No fear here.
    Part Time Girl

So funny!! I should am choose a name that related to jeep parts!!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Finding most people online who have secret lives (ie crossdressing) without certain pieces of information is not an easy task
    For some, maybe, but my situation is a bit different. I've never exactly tried to cover my tracks. I use the same user name on all of the forums I subscribe to. The only difference is that some don't accept special characters, so some user names don't have the _. What I subscribe to covers crossdressing, LGBT issues, motorsports, cycling and travel; 15-16 sites in all.

To date, I have not had family or friends stumble onto this site and discover that I am here. Or, if they have, no one has mentioned it. On the other hand, when I outted myself back in October, I did direct my daughter and son to this site, as well as some friends.

However, someone joined here a couple of years back that recognized my user name from a motorsports forum that we both frequented, but that's been the extent of it. However, I do wonder about the logic of allowing avatars to be externally visible.

DeeAnn

that's the proper attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    I was in a restaraunt and some guy was looking over my should and taking photos and posted what I was looking at to this website that likes to out people called Worldstarhiphop .

They published the story that turned out to be a lie by transsexual sydney star that hiphop star chingy was dating transsexual Sydney star.Sydney star was in some music video not telling people there a transsexual and taking photos with rap stars.
    Last edited by chinabrown; 01-20-2016 at 02:00 AM.