Thread: Videos

Videos

So....................how many of you have made videos of yourself, to practice walking, facial expressions, mannerisms, or other? Speaking for myself, I find videos a bit more flattering than photos, where it is hard to smile for 10 seconds, waiting for the self timer to go off.

Oh yeah - they are very revealing... I'm not sure I'd class the first ones I did as 'flattering' - more like 'faltering'...

I've found them most useful in showing up the male tells in the 'gorilla walk' - the shock is ideal aversion therapy I found, but does help you to understand how every little detail and movement contributes to the overall look.

Personally have more problems with posture than the smiling - but that's just me...

Videos definitely recommended for newbies before talking that first step out the door (hopefully without a hint of a knuckle dragging anywhere... )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Awesome idea.. put it to the top 5 of my to-do list, thanks for this post!

I did do a few videos, one dancing around was a real horror. Another one lip syncing not so bad. Probably a good idea to practice your movements and how you walk in heels. Also good to see your rear view which can sometimes be pretty scary. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

This is such a good idea. I have taken thousands of photos, but this would help so much more. I am going to work on my female mannerisms with video now. Keep an eye out for the results...

I have made few videos. It's a great way to practice your feminine walk and mannerisms. I sure noticed a few knuckle-dragging errors the first few times.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

I've shot some video of myself walking. Back and forth and back and forth. Did about a dozen or so that were about 2 to 3 minutes each. It's like watching game tape and a bit horrifying as well.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Aspiring Member
    Never done a video, though about it though. Maybe someday soon

Nice idea to try. I bet this is very helpful. Watching yourself walk in a mirror is so fleeting you really can't tell if you are walking like girl or a caveman. I will have to try it. Good way, as you suggest, to really critique your walk, poise, mannerisms, posture, facial expressions, etc.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have done a few videos and had a few taken of me by a GGF.
    She said I did ok and if she didn't know me she would have thought I was female.
    I didn't think so but we are our own worst critics.

Aspiring Member
    What a good idea, never gave it a thought, although may be horrified at the results. Will give it a try soon.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Over 30 years ago I made videos of myself dancing en femme. They actually helped me to hone my feminine skills a lot.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Years back my S. O. made videos just walking and being herself NOW just does them for fun covering songs and dancing. But I feel they are a great help esp when starting out because you can see yourself unvarnished. It's the real deal.
    I think it helps
    in the early days to see what everyone else sees, walking, how you carry yourself, mannerisms, if you act natural ect.

Example
    Many years ago we had someone on the forum post videos of going out walking in town, they were very proud of going out the first time .... What I saw was them darting in and out of doorways and constantly looking around... It disheartened me so I wrote them a p m saying so happy you went out but if you are interested I can give you tips... They wrote back and I explained what I saw... Someone acting suspicious because they were nervous/ tried to get her to see what prob other people saw .... And it would make anyone give a second look and not because she was dressed. I encouraged her to get a mindset of confidence, she was doing nothing wrong to hold her head high.
    The point lol I am trying to make is it's a sure fire unvarnished way to see exactly what others see and can be a great tool when you are starting out.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Videos are a great way to perfect your act.

Look at them critically, be harsh on yourself and when you find one acceptable to your tastes you may just be getting close. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do like making videos for my own enjoyment for a number of reasons. First, it gives a better impression of the transformation. Secondly, I like to see how a new outfit will look wtih various shoes and accessories. Thirdly, I can relive the experience. Finally, I made a video of the total tranformation to Sabrina from my male self.
    Love, Sabrina

I have not done this. It's not on my list of things to do, but I see that I am in the minority.
    Di

Since about 2010, I have made over 100, some i deleted! But have been unable to figure out how to put one in the photo and video forum.

I didn't know we had a video forum. I'll have to take a look at it.

Banned Read only
    I tried video back in like '88 with a 300 lb RCA VHS camcorder...that's why I totally purged until a year ago...ya, I can't do this 😂

Now where did I put that tape, seriuosly 😯

Aspiring Member
    I've taken a number of videos, but mostly to analyze my feminine walk and gestures. It's a great way to check how you are doing. Also, I can take a frame capture of any of the videos as a high-definition photo and post it here.

However, I only recently noticed there is a video feature on this site. Something I'll have to try someday.

Videos were essential to perfecting my walk and each time I plan an outing I do a video to ensure I am keeping form in the walk and general posture when standing.

Of course I try different outfits.

TIP: For those who still walk like a gorilla, I know it's hard to learn to walk like a woman
    Here is my own tutorial
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...els&highlight=

If you don't perfect that, go to Value Village or some other second hand clothing store and by a jacket that says
    WOMEN'S RUGBY or WOMEN'S BOXING on the back and nobody will give you a second look. I have done that a
    few times and just wore jeans and mens sneakers.
    Last edited by MonctonGirl; 01-22-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Banned Read only
    Great tutorial MG, thanks for bumping the dust off the thread!