Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick One

After many years of being ashamed, and puttingfighting the urge, i stumbled upon this site one day and now i am proud of it and have made it a part of my life.

Aspiring Member
    Probably more like 'what' rather than 'who' I am.

I'm definitely not ashamed of what I am (a CDer) - I suppose I've accepted myself reluctantly with no regard to whether anyone else does. But I'm not proud either - it isn't anything that I truly take pride in nor display very openly. It doesn't become me nor represent me, and it isn't a big deal despite it being life changing.

I'm not ashamed of crossdressing, not even close. But not fully proud of what I do.
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

Like others, I had years of shame and guilt. Now I am proud to be me, and proud of being able to wear the clothes that I like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I cant really say one way or the other.
    There was a long time that I was ashamed that I was a crossdresser.
    Now I have grown to accept it, Not really proud of it.
    but not ashamed anymore ether, it is just me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

No shame, but not exactly proud either. Content for the most part, and happily looking forward to continued growth and having many more adventures.

Karen

After I came out to my wife, I'm very proud of who I am. I'm happier than I've ever been in my life and except for a few extra pounds I REALLY like me.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

OMG!! Where did you get that? Want!!

I would not use proud, I am happy and definitely not ashamed

Being Suzy is the icing on the cake of life

I am very proud that GOD made me this way 60 odd years ago it was illegal here in the UK to go out and about dressed fem, and i used to feel as if i was the only one on this earth, and felt very ashamed , but now I've had a wonderful life and thanks to the internet its very easy to go out dressed to the nines and enjoy myself and nobody cares, the younger generation have it so easy, and i am pleased for them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

I don't know as I can say I'm "Proud" of being a cd...I've gotten to the point where I'm "okay" with it...if my friends were to find out I would be embarrassed and therefore ashamed of it. I guess i simply accept it for what it is, a thing I do, not necessarily who I am

After years of shame and hiding I am Proud of who and what I am. I started dressing at age 5 (65 years ago) and during much of that time it was illeagal to crossdress or to be transgendered . Much better now . How ever I had much help from my wife while she lived and now that she has passed I have gone full time fem . I have finaly accepted myself and have been happy these last 10 years . Just wish that the wife were still here to share it with. I am Loud and Proud and will not go away.

Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

What I'm proud of is the fact that I'm a good husband and good provider for my family. That my wife accepts me for who I am. As for being Chris, I enjoy it and it's something that we share.

I'm proud of who I am and our entire community that perseveres for acceptance and understanding
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Can't say I'm proud to be a CD, it is just who I am. I do wish I was a female however.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I like myself, I don't like the uncomfortable feeling of having to hide it with most people, I do know a few guy people and they say "Go for it, enjoy your life"
    Hiding it is not FUN, or is that part of the thrill of dressing up?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Now that I have come into bloom later in life, I am totally at peace with this aspect of me.
    I'm not sure that having to hide it doesn't make it more enjoyable, but I'd prefer if my wife could be more approving. In fact, she has some resentment with the fact that I am so at peace, and I fully understand that. I've had a lifetime to come to terms. She's had 3 months after having a bombshell dropped on her.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

I have been a cd for most of my life I started when I was 5. I look at It as who I am and I'm not ashamed of it. If someone I know sees me dressed up I would probably be shy and embarrassed at first but hey its who I am like it or not it's not going to stop me being happy becoming the woman I want to be

I am proud of who I am today but not always.....
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Ashamed? No.
    Proud of who I am????? I'm getting there.

Peace....

Can not say that I am proud of being a CDer. And over the years have spent most of my life battling the demons of right & wrong with the issue.

But in recent years have accepted and at this time period, I am comfortable with the fact that this is who I am.

My biggest regret now thinking back is why did I waste all of those years and time, just fighting with myself? When it all came down to one clear fact and that is I am a CDer and it was basically clear from the first times that I was attracted to women's clothing and enjoyed the feelings of being feminine at a early age.

Like Lucey, I'm more 'comfortable' than proud about being a crossdresser. Also, I wish my acceptance of my femme side happened earlier.

I am neither proud or ashamed of being a cross dresser. I came out to my wife while we were still dating and she accepted and supported my cross dressing. However, for the 40 years that we were married it was only a secret between the two of us. I am not ashamed of cross dressing but I don't advertise it either. Since my wife's death I have become much more open and have joined a support group and this forum. I'm still not ready to march in any pride parades or tell my brothers.

I am not ashamed of who I am just because I like wearing female clothes.

neither, for me it is a fact of life for as long as I can remember. pride and/or shame has been an ebb and flow over many years, and many situations. But, since I came to realize that my feelings about events are totally under my control, my feeling about who I am is one of a decision to accept it, and feel OK.
    Trish