Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Members to Guests Ratio

Members to Guests Ratio

I wanted to make a comment on another thread but did not want to get yelled at or distract from the OP.

So I decided I would ask the question, so if this has been already addressed previously close the thread and redirect me.

I have studied the member to guests ratio here for sometime and the numbers are really running in the 3 to 1 ++ range daily or sometimes even north of 4 to 1

Are members viewing that are not logged in ? Maybe, but not realistically doing so consistently

Guests who are in the closet but afraid to join ? Does that explain the ratio ?

If the numbers of us CD's in the population are ever going to be estimated, do I have to factor the data of this site into the equation to come up with a realistic number ?

Are we really underestimating the cross-dressers out there by this much margin ?

If so are there 3 to 4 times more of us out there than we think ?

Any insight to this is much appreciated, but consistently I am seeing numbers that are out of whack. (guests are running 3 to 4 times more prevalent than members)

Banned Read only
    Just lurkers. Weren't we all at some point?

Honestly, I have no clue what's going on
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I've noticed this too and like Nikki said I have no clue what's going on.
    Ellie May 😘

I've been afraid to join any site but like some of you I felt a need to get out into the world, especially someplace where I won't be laughed at.

Your not laughing, right? It's kind of funny that dad's wearing a wedding dress. I guess some people wouldn't say funny!

I always wonder when I see a man or some woman looking at dresses, are they a fellow Cross-dressers? it would be cool to know.

In the Guy community they have earring on on one side or a rainbow sticker on their car. Is there a symbol to indicate Cross-dress?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Not to get to pedantic, but just so I understand your point, you say the members to guests ratio is 3:1 and sometimes 4:1 which would imply 3-4 members per guest. Since that doesn't seem like something to be problematic, did you mean guests to members (i.e. 3 guests visiting for each 1 member)?

Either way, I don't really see the problem. This site isn't about gathering statistics on CDs, it's about support, discussion, information sharing, etc.

Lots of curious people and (admins pay attention) beware of Bots!!! they are always lurking around and could cause the site to go down if not kept away...
    I believe some "benign" bots from search engines are almost all the time. Could that be it?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Is there a symbol to indicate Cross-dress?
    As a matter of fact there is! just Google it (I donĀ“t know how to embed images here sorry... )

Jennie

Not trying to gather statics, just stating the fact that guests here are seemingly way more prevalent than members by a factor of 3 to 4 consistently.

It is not a problem, I don't care if the ratio gets to be 50 guests per member, I encourage all whether you are a guest or a member

Consistent ratio of numbers are something you have to factor in when making estimates, and that was my real point

I suspect a fair chunk of the "guests" are web crawlers, bots, spiders, etc, for the purpose of indexing. There must also be proxy servers for people who come here anonymously. And then there are members who read the open CD & TS forums without bothering to log in, if they aren't planning on posting, or who keep the site open on their devices after logging off. I've done that a few times, and my device would register as a guest accessing the index page or the last thread I had looked at.

There must also be a few real guest CDs/family members having a look or Admirers on the prowl?
    Reine

Honestly I do a quick check of what's going on and forget to sign in.

That ratio isn't all that high. I just popped over to an automotive forum and it said:

In total there are 889 users online :: 171 Registered, 17 Hidden and 701 Guests

That's 3.7:1

Most of the time I don't log in, unless I have something to contribute. It's just easier and quicker.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Bots, web crawlers and spiders LOL
    I have no idea what the heck that means in IT language.

it doesn't bother me and i stay logged in all the time

Heck, a lot of it is simple. To stay logged in is a security risk. To have a simple password is a security risk. A secure password is easy to mistype. Combine that with this site policy of leaving comments forever and not archiving after 24 or 30 months is a pain. Only log in when have something that may help. Too often forum members have negative phrases for people who read regularly but don't post. It's all part of the understanding: as we say to dogs: leave it.

Aspiring Member
    I think the underlying reason for the question might be something I believe we all are curious about at times... how many of us are out there?

Many of us engage in crossdressing secretly - or at least, when out and about, avoid running into friends or others who know us in our normal, daily life. In other words, it can get lonely. Thus, we long to know if we are only few in number... or one of many. We seek validation of sorts.

Unfortunately, trying to answer this kind of question by analyzing stats from a single website is probably futile.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 01-22-2016 at 12:07 PM. Reason: this is an english board, please use the english language only!

Banned Read only
    Reine nailed it, on all points speaking from a CISP perspective.

My wife is concerned sometimes that the "guests" are people who troll looking to out us, not unlike that screw around on your spouse website that got hacked last year. I live in a really small town and there was one person in our zip code (the whole town) who was registered on that site.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There are risks with just about anything and it all boils down to are you willing to take the risk online here.

During the day I'll check out whats being posted using my phone without logging in

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What about guestimates that there may be 3 times as many dressers hiding in the closet as those that come out online, etc?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I'll admit I was a lurker for a while. Was too scared to join. But glad I finally did join.
    Not all the guests have bad intentions but I'm sure there are some that are creeps.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Platinum Member
    There are probably many lurkers who are cross dressers, but, paranoid of being discovered or outed if registered. I'm sure there are some giggling kids who also visit. For several years I was a lurker. I wouldn't say I needed courage to register. I was becoming more willing to add my experiences. I sign on all the time because I have the privacy and the time to read all the sections. I've noticed many sections have little activity over several days. I think if someone who knows me actually took the time to read all my posts over the years, there is sufficient information there to identify me. I have not posted pictures because I do not have the expertise or equipment. I'm sure some of those who have posted pictures can be readily identified by a lurker or participant who is not a cross dresser. I think this site also offers a person attempting to do some research into what drives us and our rather mundane lives.

Lurkers will make up a fair chunk, so will automated data grabbers, bots - and I'll sometimes check this forum without logging in as other members do... And 'admirers' looking for a quickie but not having been to this site before don't realise how superior and proper we are compared to most other CD sites...

So... about 25% for each of those categories explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    What about guestimates that there may be 3 times as many dressers hiding in the closet as those that come out online, etc?
    Yeah - that works... 28,900 members total so 100k CDs - give or take - in the entire English speaking world...

I'd call that a low estimate, even for me...

Don't let it worry you Lauri - the number of active members is even smaller... those of us prepared to think, post and discuss it are a rare breed indeed... and actually, some folks don't even do all three..

Katey x
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-21-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Too many Katey xs :)
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

With the movie Danish Girl, how many more will shed the cloak of secrecy?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.