Thread: Crossdresser Starter Kit

Crossdresser Starter Kit

The "HOW DID YOU BEGIN YOUR FEMME WARDROBE? slowly OR overnight?" thread
    reminded me that it's approximately the 20-year anniversary of the signal event that
    accelerated the birth of Sandy. Back in the mid '90s, I came upon a Usenet post in
    which a crossdresser (who was approximately my size and age!) was looking to sell
    his full complement of paraphernalia-- clothes, wigs, accessories, everything!

I felt some reluctance borne of potentially abetting a purge, but if someone (or some
    dumpster) was going to be on the receiving end of this transaction, I was determined
    that it would be me! I anxiously sent an email to the seller ("Dee," who I believe
    was finishing up a graduate degree at a Big Ten university) with a proposed payment
    amount, and got the response I was looking for-- Dee's closet would soon be Sandy's!

Mailing a multi-hundred-dollar check to this person I'd never met sure made me nervous,
    but my trust was rewarded when I received a note from my landlord that a large box was
    waiting for me in the office. I gleefully retrieved the package, skittered to my apartment,
    and took inventory:

3 bras
    8 dresses
    2 garter belts
    7 pairs of gloves
    1 matching outfit
    9 panties (clean)
    1 pair of pants
    2 purses
    2 robes
    5 pairs of shoes
    5 skirts
    1 slip
    9 stockings/pantyhose (clean)
    14 tops
    1 waist cincher
    3 wigs
    assorted rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces
    bag full of makeup

Of course, some items didn't fit, or were in poor condition (and I tossed the makeup),
    but there were enough winners in that stash to bring Sandy into being! Two decades
    later, much of that haul is no longer in my possession, but I still have a fair amount of it!

I know this sounds like a tall tale, but I have proof -- I kept the printout listing the items
    (page 3 of 6 is attached, showing the items' original sale prices plus some notations I made
    of their condition) along with a handwritten note from Dee, which brackets a makeup tutorial
    with the following sentiments:

"Well, here's the stuff! I hope you get hours & days of enjoyment out of it!"
    &
    "Now get dressed, accessorize, do your nails, put on a wig and go out!"

I've sometimes wondered whether Dee rebuilt a wardrobe and resumed going out en femme
    (or whether she might be on this site?). Wherever you are, you have my thanks, Dee, for the
    invaluable kick-start!

Sandy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sandy,
    An interesting starter kit.
    Mine was a bra I picked up on the footpath when I was ten.

I had been dressed by girls before playing together but this was the trigger for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    For me all I wore were my sister's things for years, with her approval and encouragement, until I got off on my own in college, then it was mostly replacing things of hers that had worn out, and a few cute tops and pants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Such an engineer! Such a girl! Thanks for sharing this entertaining episode, and do please come on out and share your thoughts more often! Hugs, Michelle

Could have used that back in 1975 when I ended up buying too many things that didn't fit or didn't look good on me. I have learned lots since then, like try the clothes on before you buy them! But back then, even in a liberal college town I was told more than once that you can't try that on here, this is a woman's store.

That's definitely in the Big Bang category, Sandy...

Can't imagine anyone beating that as a one-off purchase...

Thanks for sharing the story...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hmmm. Started at 3, given sister's hand me down underwear as a daily item. Didn't matter, because I didn't know what boys underwear was. I thought it was all the same. At 6, given a dress, slip and underwear to wear, to make me look like a girl. Indoctrinated on how to be a girl. Around 11 or 12 started borrowing my sister's old clothes she didn't wear anymore. Later teens purchased my first item, a camisole & tap pants set. Then, the deluge, as I realized the ease of mail order, and driving to far away malls to avoid being spotted buying girl clothes in department stores. That's about how it went.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    The first clothes I had for myself was when I was teenager and there was this big two story house across the ally from us and the people who live there, she was a pretty woman and there were a lot of rumors about her around town and her reputation about going after other women's husbands, but they moved away in the middle of the night and left the house empty. Not sure what was going on with it but it had sat empty for over a month and I was over there one day and noticed the door wasn't locked. I went in and was looking around and in a second floor bedroom on a bed that had been left behind I found a packed suitcase. When I opened the suitcase it was full of women's clothes and I just took them out and looked at them and touched them and wondered about them. I put them back and left them then a week later I went back and that day I tried some of them on.

I never took any of those things home with me and that house sat empty for over a year and I would go there and dress up. I nearly got caught a couple of times but I fixed the locks on the doors and windows and kept the shades over the windows. I was always nervous about being caught so that took some of the fun out of it.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Hey Sandy,
    Love your story! Until my recent "re-awakening" in my early I built things up slowly and with shame and guilt unfortunately.
    I do remember stealing a few things off clothes lines in the middle of the night in my Chicago nieghborhood
    How cool to hit the MOTHERLOAD. I'm thinking you had a great, exotic month or so of discovery. THE PINK FOG X'S 10

BAM....as the famous celebrity chef shouted. ..what a way to start. ..amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Clifton View Post
    Back in the mid '90s, I came upon a Usenet post in
    which a crossdresser (who was approximately my size and age!) was looking to sell
    his full complement of paraphernalia-- clothes, wigs, accessories, everything!
    Ah ha! AFCD/ASCD? (that's alt.fashion.crossdressing and alt.support.crossdressing) WAYWT!

I know this sounds like a tall tale,
    Not too common, but not unheard of for folks to offer purge stuff to others.

"Well, here's the stuff! I hope you get hours & days of enjoyment out of it!"
    &
    "Now get dressed, accessorize, do your nails, put on a wig and go out!"
    Did you?

I've sometimes wondered whether Dee rebuilt a wardrobe and resumed going out en femme
    (or whether she might be on this site?). Wherever you are, you have my thanks, Dee, for the
    invaluable kick-start!

Sandy
    Well, you could always try googling. Sadly, most ISP's don't offer USENET anymore, my ISP dropped it (after farming it out for a couple of years to giganews). If all you need is access to the text based groups I recommend eternal-september.org

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I grew up in a big house with two older sisters and my mother always put the unused or out grown clothes in the attic.
    Being a young teen most of the clothes fit me pretty well.
    It was such a high, under garments, prom dresses, wedding dresses, dance out fits, tights etc. for quite a few years play time was just about every day.
    Can I ever be fixed?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    Well, you could always try googling. Sadly, most ISP's don't offer USENET anymore, my ISP dropped it (after farming it out for a couple of years to giganews). If all you need is access to the text based groups I recommend eternal-september.org

Veronica
    On a hunch, I Googled a text string from the clothing inventory,
    and turned up the original post!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...4/5KlalvVLceQJ

The poster used the Finnish anon service; clever girl!

I do miss Usenet and have an odd nostalgia for the days when online
    content was delivered in 80 columns of fixed-width font.

Sandy

Aspiring Member
    Hey Sandy, next time you are going shopping take me with you please.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

That's amazing it's still there...

Scares the bejeebers out of me that everything we post here might still be searchable in 20 years time... AND in 3D VR...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post

Scares the bejeebers out of me that everything we post here might still be searchable in 20 years time... AND in 3D VR...

Katey x
    People from the future: as you experience this search result,
    please note that I made the effort to compose this post
    amidst the delicious aroma of freshly-baked cookies!

Sandy

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...4/5KlalvVLceQJ
    Ah HA, you found it. I actually tried to find it but forgot to search soc.support.transgendered. 1995 was before my time though, I wasn't on the Internet till 1999.

The poster used the Finnish anon service; clever girl!
    anon.penet.fi and yes I knew that was it BEFORE seeing the post, or looking it up. It was gone before I ever used the net but it was famous.

I do miss Usenet and have an odd nostalgia for the days when online
    content was delivered in 80 columns of fixed-width font.

Sandy
    Don't we all, and proper threading too!

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Not amazing at all, people have been archiving USENET for years. Heck, back in late '98 early 99 what we now call the google groups archive was already up and running as dejanews. Google recently acquired some archives from the 80's and early 90's so their USENET archive is mostly complete.

Probably not everything, especially since most of the forum is private.

People from the future: as you experience this search result,
    please note that I made the effort to compose this post
    amidst the delicious aroma of freshly-baked cookies!
    What kind of cookies? Give unto us the cookies, we desire the cookies.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.